A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Just before I left the lakefront bike path, I saw one of these:

ExceleratorXLT2000_1.jpg

That one is so cool. I want one of those! They aren't cheap.

It's all fun and games until the cops are called. Then it's hide and seek!

One thing I learned about take-out food in boxes and bicycles: they don't mix well.

One thing I learned about take-out food in boxes and bicycles: they don't mix well.

Depends on how your bike is set up. The one that I have from the 1950's (Schwin built for BF Goodrich) and most of the ones my friends had from that era had/have metal baskets attached to the handlebars. Great for carrying up to medium size packages.

Depends on how your bike is set up. The one that I have from the 1950's (Schwin built for BF Goodrich) and most of the ones my friends had from that era had/have metal baskets attached to the handlebars. Great for carrying up to medium size packages.

Which I don't have. I had to ride home with one hand on my handlebar, the other holding onto my lunch. Thankfully, I got back safely.

Which I don't have. I had to ride home with one hand on my handlebar, the other holding onto my lunch. Thankfully, I got back safely.

In that case ask them to put the box in a bag and hang it from the handlebars. That is assuming they have plastic bags similar to grocery bags.

In that case ask them to put the box in a bag and hang it from the handlebars. That is assuming they have plastic bags similar to grocery bags.

They did, and the problem is that the corners easily cut through the bag. What I really need is a basket, just like you suggested, and I'm going to see about getting one, but I have a mountain bike, and I'm not sure if a basket would fit on it.

They did, and the problem is that the corners easily cut through the bag. What I really need is a basket, just like you suggested, and I'm going to see about getting one, but I have a mountain bike, and I'm not sure if a basket would fit on it.

Idea! If a basket made for a bike that fits yours is not available maybe what I did for a walker my mom used years ago would help. We wanted something for the front of it and I came across an idea that was even cheaper than those made for that. It was a cheap woven basket and then held on by using two dog collars that went through slits cut in the basket and around the front bar.

Idea! If a basket made for a bike that fits yours is not available maybe what I did for a walker my mom used years ago would help. We wanted something for the front of it and I came across an idea that was even cheaper than those made for that. It was a cheap woven basket and then held on by using two dog collars that went through slits cut in the basket and around the front bar.

Hmm. That just might work. Thanks!!

I wondering how riding in one of these is like.

Hyundai_Rotem_Cab_Car.jpg

Some people on YouTube say it's extremely uncomfortable. Thoughts?

I wondering how riding in one of these is like.

Hyundai_Rotem_Cab_Car.jpg

Some people on YouTube say it's extremely uncomfortable. Thoughts?

Which train is it? A Cascades? An Amtrak California? A Surfliner? Other?

I would have no idea how it rides since they don't run near me.

Which train is it? A Cascades? An Amtrak California? A Surfliner? Other?

I would have no idea how it rides since they don't run near me.

Metrolink. Those are newer cars that were put in service a few years ago.

I discovered that baby porcupines, when they're born, are really small. As such:

1D274906470748-today-hedgehogs-140730.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of the new CTA buses. Here's what they look like, and the ones they ordered previously:

DSC00925.jpg

p4000d60.jpg

Back