A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I ran across a picture on Facebook but it was in no relation to the captioning and was curious if anyone know the story behind it...

It is of a firefighter holding a baby he obviously just pulled from a house fire...

Attachments

• 1434144391629.jpg
    1434144391629.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
Unforunally the video says no show outside of america

If you are referring to the video of the Deaf Amish, it is still in United States of America.

The Amish custom was from German country and they are very religious to their belief and are very down to earth people. They have rules that must make Amish people abide by their rules. They are not allowed to be expose to modern necessities outside of their own communities. If they want to leave Amish customs and leave to attend our world of modern needs. They do have a rule if the young people want to try out the new world outside of their customs, then they can decide if they want live in the English customs. Have to remember that they would be shun from the Amish Church if they don't want to be Amish. But if a young person decided they would rather stay as Amish. It was a difficult choice to make for them to decide who they want to stay with like families and be shunned from families. It is not easy.

As for the Deaf, I have not learned if they have to leave the Amish custom to go to the Deaf schools or mainstream schools. As far as for Deaf Families concern, I don't know if the Deaf child are to learned being schooled themselves.

Most Amish families are not to be photographed or being on video as it is forbidden to do so. They have to be private to their own Amish ways and customs. I watched some of the English and Amish people on T.V. to tell what it is like to live in the Amish world. Pretty much the Amish young people were shunned from the church, only the Father remain as Amish and still go into the Church but his wife (the Mother of her children) had mixed feelings because she cared about her family like sons and daughters very much. This is important to her. She hate the separation. She love being Amish but she tried to get her children to come back to Amish again but failed as it is their choice.

Every customs all over the world are different to our tribes and some are not good to help young people and women who were abused or not respected. So that need to be changed. :(

I think I saw that on the news and that the firefighter went to the girls High School graduation.

Oops, no, different baby. Here's the one I heard about.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/firefighter-attends-teens-graduation_n_7559010.html

I read about that one recently in the news. It was a good story.... nah this picture pulls at me....that baby looks about same age as the daughter I lost back in 2008
.... am curious about the story behind it...but thank you for trying it is a good story. :)

I think that pic and story was on here in last few days sure I saw either here or YouTube.the family deaf and only that child was saved.i think rr or wdys post it.if they read this thread they will say.i may be very wrong

I think that pic and story was on here in last few days sure I saw either here or YouTube.the family deaf and only that child was saved.i think rr or wdys post it.if they read this thread they will say.i may be very wrong

Thanks for the hint...Will go through the news post see if anything pops...thank you :)

I had kind of a harsh fall this morning. Was getting coffee when I tripped over my own feet. So embarrassing. I landed hard on my hand and it's bruising bad. I am trying to figure out if there's a chance I fractured any bones. It doesn't seem to hurt enough to indicate it, but it still hurts somewhat. And my ego. Lol.

Pain!....my shoulder (rotor cuff) when I fell and hit the wall....the pain comes and goes...ice packs often....I would see the doctor, Alley.

my lord just seen time I best go bed.after all strobe lighting made me brain active I winding down just come come on here for hour help me relax before bed.so night all

I read about that one recently in the news. It was a good story.... nah this picture pulls at me....that baby looks about same age as the daughter I lost back in 2008
.... am curious about the story behind it...but thank you for trying it is a good story. :)

Jezie, did you lose your daughter to a fire? So sorry for your loss,that is so difficult to lose a child.

Jezie, did you lose your daughter to a fire? So sorry for your loss,that is so difficult to lose a child.

No, I lost her to SIDS I found her in a very similar position as that kid....it's why it stuck me.... some things you do not forget...

No, I lost her to SIDS I found her in a very similar position as that kid....it's why it stuck me.... some things you do not forget...

I am sorry about you losing your baby. I cant imagine. One of my childhood friends took her own life 2 weeks ago. She lost 2 of her 3 children, suffered a miscarriage, and recently going through her 2nd divorce. She had a metorite career as a CEO of a thriving company making millions but it wasnt enough. I am sure the pain of losing her 2 children was brought back with the recent disappointments in her personal life. Some of you saw her pic on my FB...gorgeous lady.

I am sorry about you losing your baby. I cant imagine. One of my childhood friends took her own life 2 weeks ago. She lost 2 of her 3 children, suffered a miscarriage, and recently going through her 2nd divorce. She had a metorite career as a CEO of a thriving company making millions but it wasnt enough. I am sure the pain of losing her 2 children was brought back with the recent disappointments in her personal life. Some of you saw her pic on my FB...gorgeous lady.

Losing one child was hard...I could not imagine losing three.... I am sorry you lost your friend.

Came into the office today. Had too much to finish yesterday, so here I am today. I'm hating that for the last 20 minutes or so, I'm hearing noises, and I'm the ONLY one here. I don't know what the noises are, only that my HAs are picking up on something. I feel a little bit spooked.

Came into the office today. Had too much to finish yesterday, so here I am today. I'm hating that for the last 20 minutes or so, I'm hearing noises, and I'm the ONLY one here. I don't know what the noises are, only that my HAs are picking up on something. I feel a little bit spooked.

Then turn off your HAs and that'll solve your problem. :giggle:

Then turn off your HAs and that'll solve your problem. :giggle:

I was thinking the same thing, but since she's already heard noises, I suspect she'd be more spooked not hearing them.

AC, they could just be normal building noises that you don't normally hear when there are a lot of people around.

Back