A Random Rant about Advertising...

ok I looked up the prices, and the BMW looks expensive.

Makes me think of my sister & her hubby....married 35 years....he's never been the "perfect" hubby. They've seperated quite a number of times....but always seem to get back together.
The last time she kicked him out, due to another "affair"....he went out and bought her a brand, spankin' new Mercedes-Benz! $40-50,000 car....(paid cash for it, too).

She was driving an BMW before, but it was a '93 model!....and he drove a red sports car....(go figure)!

Now, everything is "honky-donky"...and yeah, she got the car titled into her name.....smart, huh??

I'm getting so annoyed with the media's use of certain terms to try to attract consumers.

I just saw a commercial for a line of interior paint, and it's called "VALSPAR HI-DEF COLORS" - Really? High Definition WALL PAINT?! I get it, High Def Tv's, Movies, Cameras and stuff are all the rage, but let's keep that term where it makes SENSE. It's all about trying to fool the consumer into thinking that, jus because they slap the term "hi-def" on it, it's superior than the other brands.

I get it, it probably works... But it still annoys me.

I had another example in my head when I started this thread, now I can't remember. Damn ADD. But there. I just had to rant. Carry on! :cool2:

well if you came up with a really cool idea that's beneficial to deaf people... what you gotta do to sell it then? :lol:

I love it when an ad said if only cost $499.99 ! one more penny and it $500! Do company think we do not know this!

Wirelessly posted

Car commericals. Everytime I see a commerical about a husband surprising his wife with a car make me wonder if spouses really surprise each other with a car. I would think they would discuss and/or buy a car together.

Well... My uncle and grandma is "surprising" me with a newer car come tax time. :lol: It's not really a surprise when they tell me in advance, but it is still nice none the less.

Hi

Just seeing whats out there, back on the scene and curious..My name is Anita you can see from my profile, I want a honest Man as I believe its the foundation and heart of relationships. I am straight forward and will always tell you the truth even if its something you don't want to hear..

Wirelessly posted

Darkinday said:
Wirelessly posted

Car commericals. Everytime I see a commerical about a husband surprising his wife with a car make me wonder if spouses really surprise each other with a car. I would think they would discuss and/or buy a car together.

Well... My uncle and grandma is "surprising" me with a newer car come tax time. :lol: It's not really a surprise when they tell me in advance, but it is still nice none the less.

Yeah but you are not married to them.

Send for your Gifts today!
Enjoy a year's worth of organized living with these elegant, practical books.
Your 2011 Executive Organizer Plan. Your only cost for the first year is that $2.97 shipping and handling charge for the Appointment Book and/or the $1.97 shipping and handling charge for the Pocket Organizer. See (American Express) Cardmember Gift Acceptance/Order Form for offer details!

Hurry!
This is a Time-Sensitive Offer.
Supplies are limited. To ensure prompt receipt of your book(s), mail the enclosed form by January 31, 2011.

It was not first time. They are still sending me the advertisings all the time. They are stupid and of course, they are junk. I tossed them out. :lol:

Back