A plea to American Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

it didnt say when.. it will happen one day..

1 Thessalonians 5
1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Final Instructions
12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

25Brothers, pray for us. 26Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. 27I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.

28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Perhaps, but it's not like the enemy doesn't have guns too. 7 million people with spiffy state-of-the-art automatic weapons still is nothing compared to 100 million people with not-so-state-of-the-art automatic weapons.

Right, but the number thats on a specific battlefeild in a specific place? I think it would be a little weird if they tried to storm a leiu olden days like those roman wars you see in movies. The more clustered you are, the more a single explosion can take out, the less room you'll have to run around and aim without hitting someone on your 'side'.

A good example that'd support your claim though would be that whole vietnam war. We were clearly outnumbered there. But the main problem was the whole 'rules of engagement' that made it difficult as well.

Right, but the number thats on a specific battlefeild in a specific place? I think it would be a little weird if they tried to storm a leiu olden days like those roman wars you see in movies. The more clustered you are, the more a single explosion can take out, the less room you'll have to run around and aim without hitting someone on your 'side'.

On one battlefield, the odds would still be stacked against Israel at least 5:1. Israel isn't as powerful as people seem to believe she is.

Explain to me why we are not bringing up alarm about North Korea, especially when they have already done a nuclear bomb testing within the past year?
There's oil in Iran... Lots of it.
North Korea.... What's to get there.... nothing.....

Guess their looking for a reason to invade Iran.

You're being unrealastic. We don't use bows, arrows and swords anymore. In today's military terms - firepower beats manpower. One AGM-114 Hellfire missile can take out 10 people and it only takes 2 men to pilot the apache that launches it. Said missile has been used in the conflict extensively. Being better trained means you have better tactics. Having a better milita means you'll have better intelligence.
.........QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to work that way in Iraq.....

Their only weakness is the fact they're bound by laws, the terrorists are not. You know, in your debates you always come off as a little aggressive for some reason like you have something to prove...
No they are not. Torturing is just done in another country. Actually, I has now been made legal in USA as well. As long as you say it's a terrorist... anything goes. And BTW, terrorist is not defined, anyone can make it up...
No, USA forces are not bound by laws.... (Thou shall not kill...???)

You're being unrealastic. We don't use bows, arrows and swords anymore. In today's military terms - firepower beats manpower. One AGM-114 Hellfire missile can take out 10 people and it only takes 2 men to pilot the apache that launches it. Said missile has been used in the conflict extensively. Being better trained means you have better tactics. Having a better milita means you'll have better intelligence.
.........QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to work that way in Iraq.....

No they are not. Torturing is just done in another country. Actually, I has now been made legal in USA as well. As long as you say it's a terrorist... anything goes. And BTW, terrorist is not defined, anyone can make it up...
No, USA forces are not bound by laws.... (Thou shall not kill...???)

That because President Bush is Catholic not Christian. Did you know there's Father(Catholic Priest) in the Army? Did you watch the show called "MASH"

Rofl. Mash owns dude. I love the opening theme to the movie, the series is great too. I thought bush was christian...

Edit-

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Teresh would you mind elaborating? I'm not the one to really keep up with oversea politics or military power. Could you explain exactly WHY you think that, or rather back it up as a fact?

Rofl. Mash owns dude. I love the opening theme to the movie, the series is great too. I thought bush was christian...

Edit-

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Teresh would you mind elaborating? I'm not the one to really keep up with oversea politics or military power. Could you explain exactly WHY you think that, or rather back it up as a fact?

You thought Bush was christian. I show you here, He wasn't...

Skull and Bones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Propaganda Matrix.com - Exposing the New World Order and Government Sponsored Terrorism

Skull and Bones, The Yale Secret Society

http://www.freedomdomain.com/skullbones.html

Bush denied!!!!

Both John Kerry and George Bush were members of Yale's secretive Skull and Bones society.

Bush's dad

George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That because President Bush is Catholic not Christian. Did you know there's Father(Catholic Priest) in the Army? Did you watch the show called "MASH"
Sure I watched it, (and Dark-Half - I agree... great music...)
But, what has a priest in the army to do with crimes of war....???
Every army has their priests. Every army commits their crimes of war.... and the priests bless them afterwards....

And Bush a christian... bornagain or whatever.... Look at what Bush preaches and then look at what Christ preached....
Any comparison there???

President and Mrs. Bush are members of Methodist church. That's not the Catholic church.

I used to watch MASH. Yes, one of the characters was a Catholic chaplain. So? All military services have chaplains of a variety of religions.

I came across this and perhaps it's why some of the muslim countries do what they do.

This is something I've wondered about for some time now: How & why do the Muslims hate us & everyone else so much? Doesn't their God teach them to love?

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.

The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

Pass it on, Fellow Americans.

The war is bigger than we know or understand.

I didn't know they were the member of Skull and Bones Society.

Yes Reba and here is the homepage and ways to support our U.S. Troops at:

Military Chaplains' Association Home

Thanks for the links. I just thought it was just Catholic only. Now, I do understand.

I know it's off topic: I wish I could remember the name of the black and white movie. I'll explain, it's about a man who was drunk all the time. One day, he got struck by lightening and he became very religious. He was ordered to go to the war. While at war, he didn't want to kill the people because the bible says, Thou shall not kill. Few days or weeks later, he finally shot all the enemies and save his people. He was most medal awards ever at age 19 than anybody else. I believe he's from Tennessee but I'm not sure. Do you know what the name of the movie is?

Thanks for the links. I just thought it was just Catholic only. Now, I do understand.

I know it's off topic: I wish I could remember the name of the black and white movie. I'll explain, it's about a man who was drunk all the time. One day, he got struck by lightening and he became very religious. He was ordered to go to the war. While at war, he didn't want to kill the people because the bible says, Thou shall not kill. Few days or weeks later, he finally shot all the enemies and save his people. He was most medal awards ever at age 19 than anybody else. I believe he's from Tennessee but I'm not sure. Do you know what the name of the movie is?
The movie was Sergeant York. It's a true story about Alvin C. York.

Alvin C. York

One of my favorites. :)

Um, statistical data?

Israel has ~7 million people. It's neighbors number in the hundreds of millions.

So you're basing that solely on statistics of how many people live where?

America has x amount of people but this doesn't mean x amount of people is in the army. Same applies for everywhere else. I'm almost certian at least 80% of that 'hundred of millions' are just farmers and school teachers. Show me some solid military statistics and I might believe you, otherwise it's just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back