A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Lol, saw a picture of a motorcycle with 24 cylinder engine, dunno if it's real. It looks like real photo. :hmm:

Get Honda because it lasts longer than Harley ;) Less maintenances.. Also very reasonable price. For brand new 750CC - between 6-7K whilst Harley 800CC for 15-17K !! Both run the same on 2 wheels..

I was leaning toward to Honda anyways. I rode the Honda Nighthawk during the MSF class and have found it to be comfortable except the gearshift. It was too close to each other that once a while, my foot get a bit stuck when trying to change gears up and down. Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but hopefully someone gets it. :aw:

I'm looking for a reasonable price as well, something affordable. I'm interested in being the solo rider as my husband is. We don't want motorcycles that can hold 2 people but if the bikes offer that option, cool but that is not our priority.

I was leaning toward to Honda anyways. I rode the Honda Nighthawk during the MSF class and have found it to be comfortable except the gearshift. It was too close to each other that once a while, my foot get a bit stuck when trying to change gears up and down. Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but hopefully someone gets it. :aw:

I'm looking for a reasonable price as well, something affordable. I'm interested in being the solo rider as my husband is. We don't want motorcycles that can hold 2 people but if the bikes offer that option, cool but that is not our priority.

You can adjust both the gear shift and the brake pedal up and down to suit you. It makes a difference in shifting if its the proper height.

Lol, saw a picture of a motorcycle with 24 cylinder engine, dunno if it's real. It looks like real photo. :hmm:

24 cylinder? LoL.

Check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ratfuML9QA&feature=related]YouTube - Kawasaki 48 Cylinder Runs![/ame]

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Oh, my bad. Yes, 48 cylinder motorcycle. :lol:

I finally took wheels off from Suzuki Volusia. I am ready to take it to Cycle Gear store tomorrow evening. It took a quite struggle for me to remove main wheel rod off from rear. I was supposed to remove mufflers first before removing nut and tap hammer on main rod but I decide not to because I don't have Metric Hex tool on hand. I managed to find a way by using 17mm socket and raquet to turn the main bolt while on other end of rod, I simply push it hard with prybar. Then the main rod came outand I pulled it out with a struggle and finally got it. It wasn't that hard to do. Then front wheel rod was the easiest today after I bought new Metric Hex sets ( Bought it from Harbor Freight for $12).

You can see Shaft Drive gearcase on end. I was surprised that Swingarm is actually a full one side and half other side. Odd isn't it cuz I found out the bottom part where it attached to Shaft Drive gearbox is actually a black flexible plastic that look like real thing..

Check this out and plus see what 550lbs Volusia standing on top of wood blocks.

Catty

Attachments

• tirelessfront.jpg
    tirelessfront.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 6
  • tirelessrear.jpg
    tirelessrear.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 5
  • worntires.jpg
    worntires.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 5
I finally took wheels off from Suzuki Volusia. I am ready to take it to Cycle Gear store tomorrow evening. It took a quite struggle for me to remove main wheel rod off from rear. I was supposed to remove mufflers first before removing nut and tap hammer on main rod but I decide not to because I don't have Metric Hex tool on hand. I managed to find a way by using 17mm socket and raquet to turn the main bolt while on other end of rod, I simply push it hard with prybar. Then the main rod came outand I pulled it out with a struggle and finally got it. It wasn't that hard to do. Then front wheel rod was the easiest today after I bought new Metric Hex sets ( Bought it from Harbor Freight for $12).

You can see Shaft Drive gearcase on end. I was surprised that Swingarm is actually a full one side and half other side. Odd isn't it cuz I found out the bottom part where it attached to Shaft Drive gearbox is actually a black flexible plastic that look like real thing..

Catty
Not bad! Good job!

I love Harbor Freight and it's dirty cheap but I won't buy impact wrench for $20. I don't want it blow up on my face or my hand off.

Catty

nice! i hope it doesn't tip over!

while your bike's taken apart - you may want to use this grease to lube your swingarm or whatever.

Mobil/1 lb. (453.592 g.) wheel bearings, chassis, suspension, universal joints synthetic grease tube (98FR00) | Lubricant/Grease | AutoZone.com

Why is motorcycle insurance so cheap compared to car insurance? I guess it's because it's cheaper to replace than a car. :hmm:

I always thought motorcycle insurance would be probably higher liabity because of severe injuries from riding a motorcycle into an accident.

Some bikes will cost MORE than a car.

Engine size figures in alot.

yes - it's based on

1. size of engine and type of motorcycle
2. your age
3. your location

My motorcycle insurance is about $200 in NJ but if I live in NYC - it's about $2,000, I think. :eek3:

Not bad! Good job!

I love Harbor Freight and it's dirty cheap but I won't buy impact wrench for $20. I don't want it blow up on my face or my hand off.

:rofl2: I doubt so. Since the compressed air averaging 90 to 150 psi, Impact wrench won't blow your face or hand off... Since it's cheap, it won't remove lugs off car wheel (rated 250 ft lbs). More expensive impact (450+ ft lbs) wrench would be able to do the job. I do have impact wrench but it's a 250 ft lb version, I've tried to remove lug and it won't do the job.

I can't wait to get tires changed today. I will take pix after I install wheel back on Volusia. Pair of Melzeter tires!!!! Yahhooo!!

Catty

Good idea, I planned to clean and lube final gear (outside of axle box) and wheel gear too.

Catty

yes - lube everything. Once it's done - you're good for life. My BMW model has one notorious issue - the swingarm is lubed with some cheap shit (I don't know why). It will become brittle after probably 8,000 miles. Now it's lubed with that Mobil grease I showed you above and I'm good for life.

do the engine valve check too.

wow a 48 cly , holy fuck thats insane must be hard to ride it ... lol

id stick with the RG500

I finally got new tires installed on wheel but had to replace tubes as well because the guy told me that there are some spot of rusts inside front rim. Tube had rust stuck on it plus the inflator tube have rust around it too. I spent $350 for everything. I just installed front wheel to fork but I had to hold on for rear until I get Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease that I forgot to buy it at Cycle Gear store.

Here's the pix of new Melzeter ME 880 Marathon tires (front and rear).

Catty

Attachments

• melfront2.jpg
    melfront2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
  • melrear2.jpg
    melrear2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
  • melfront.jpg
    melfront.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
  • melrear.jpg
    melrear.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
I finally got new tires installed on wheel but had to replace tubes as well because the guy told me that there are some spot of rusts inside front rim. Tube had rust stuck on it plus the inflator tube have rust around it too. I spent $350 for everything. I just installed front wheel to fork but I had to hold on for rear until I get Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease that I forgot to buy it at Cycle Gear store.

Here's the pix of new Melzeter ME 880 Marathon tires (front and rear).

Catty

:thumb:

did you scrub the new tires with sandpaper? it's so that you won't slip while cornering. Fresh tire is oily and shiny.

Back