A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

*looking around* where did I say over-tightening in my post? I have a safety concern about insufficient tightening. Both over and under tightening are bad.

btw - your link has no proof. nobody knows the reason. it's just a speculation. and also - it said the vehicle used wheel bolts, not lug nuts. try again :)

You just looking for smart mouth or no common sense?

over-tighten can break lug or bolt or wheel bolt. They are same thing that cause wheel pop off.

because............... figure it out

look at this post you wrote. what was the context? automobile.

so what is your post about? motorcycle? or car?

right. and have you changed tires for living?

I was quote to catty about automobile. Oh right, you just want to be an asshole? :roll:

And have you enjoy smart-mouth for living?

You just looking for smart mouth or no common sense?
just pointing out hole in your argument.

over-tighten can break lug or bolt or wheel bolt. They are same thing that cause wheel pop off.
I'm sorry but if the insurance company or Volvo shop does not know the specific cause of the accident - then what makes you think you can solve the case?

what part of "Neither the insurance company nor the Volvo shop where it was towed could give any explanation for this accident." do you not understand?

I was quote to catty about automobile. Oh right, you just want to be an asshole? :roll:

And have you enjoy smart-mouth for living?
xcvdkg.jpg

i hope it wasn't because of idiot using Loctite Red 271

prolly not. i just waited to change the pads after it broke. got some new studs and new wheel bearings and stuff and just replaced that stud and changed the pads and bearings on both wheels since i had to take the one rotor off anyways.

just pointing out hole in your argument.

I'm sorry but if the insurance company or Volvo shop does not know the specific cause of the accident - then what makes you think you can solve the case?

what part of "Neither the insurance company nor the Volvo shop where it was towed could give any explanation for this accident." do you not understand?

xcvdkg.jpg

Asshole man with no life.

Because insurance company don't know nothing about mechanic skill but money and volvo shop are an idiot or won't admit like you.

I am agreed with Tom.

I would say that most likely, the cause is previous over-tightening. If a shop isn't careful to measure its torque, it easily can over-tighten a bolt, which stretches it, and that causes the metal to fatigue and weaken.

uh.... how? do you know how to open the bolt if it has loctite red 271?

umad?

Got proof? Why should put loctite red 271 on tire bolt for?

Where you get a idea. Oh, I got it that you did it before.

ncff07 don't see any red/blue/black mark on bolt at all. Don't tell me he is color-blind.

Proof that you are wrong.

ncff07 don't see any red/blue/black mark on bolt at all. Don't tell me he is color-blind.

maybe re-read my post a little slowly?
i hope it wasn't because of idiot using Loctite Red 271

you haven't answered my question on how butane torch can damage the rim.

FYI - loctite for bolt doesn't have black color

well well welllllllllllllll....................... no point in me scolding you but you should get the license squared away first before you ride around because we motorcyclists get harassed on daily basis (such as police checkpoints for only motorcyclists) because of some bad squids riding uninsured/unlicensed and the cops either arrested them or chalked their body on the street.

be safe and legal :cool2:

Of course I know that. I was only riding around block to warm up my riding skills. Neighborhood are big enuf for me go 4 or 5 blocks without being caught by cop. I just got title today from my seller. I planned to go to insurance first then DMV to get license plate. I sure hope I can do all this by next Friday. Plus take test to renew my motorcycle permit after that.

Questions are that I need to know standard cone spacing for salom. I wanted it be the same as DMV so that I can do well. And how wide is the circle that I can riide on it without putting foot on ground (I doubt that I would ever laid foot on ground while riding motorcycle cuz its so well balanced when I turns.) Basically, I just want to breeze thru riding test. My friend already have motorcycle license. He can ride my bike to DMV so I can use it for riding test.

Catty

Whoa whoa you guys over Impact Wrench Torqueing!!! I didnt mean to bring this up. Let's drop that naand focus on Motorcycle. Or create new thread on Impact Wrench topic so we can enjoy battle of words on thread :popcorn:

I do follow tightening specification with torque wrench on my motorcycle.

So hush up with impact and torque wrench please.

Catty

no. nothing that i could see on what was left of the stud.

Of course I know that. I was only riding around block to warm up my riding skills. Neighborhood are big enuf for me go 4 or 5 blocks without being caught by cop. I just got title today from my seller. I planned to go to insurance first then DMV to get license plate. I sure hope I can do all this by next Friday. Plus take test to renew my motorcycle permit after that.

Questions are that I need to know standard cone spacing for salom. I wanted it be the same as DMV so that I can do well. And how wide is the circle that I can riide on it without putting foot on ground (I doubt that I would ever laid foot on ground while riding motorcycle cuz its so well balanced when I turns.) Basically, I just want to breeze thru riding test.

Catty

:thumb: good luck. you can easily look up the information on road test in DMV site.

Whoa whoa you guys over Impact Wrench Torqueing!!! I didnt mean to bring this up. Let's drop that naand focus on Motorcycle. Or create new thread on Impact Wrench topic so we can enjoy battle of words on thread :popcorn:

So hush up with impact and torque wrench please.

Catty

:laugh2:

Okay. We done.

Good boy!

ok then... so which is better Seafoam or Berrymans B12 chemtool?

why what's wrong? engine going kaput?

nope she runs fine just heard some swear by seafoam while others swear by berrymans and some that wont touch either one.

Back