A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

ah yes - that one.... yea it's commonly called as "Cramp Buster". the $5-10 solution.
It made long-distance riding much more comfortable for TCS's hand. Cheap fix for maximum results.

TCS bought a lift for his bike to make maintenance easier. He did his 1,000-mile oil and filter change.

Attachments

• lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
TCS bought a lift for his bike to make maintenance easier. He did his 1,000-mile oil and filter change.

interesting lift! Never saw this before.... particularly because I wasn't looking for one since I don't have my own garage :lol:

Reba and TCS - I don't know if you know this for sure but I just asked my mom about pronouncing "Hyosung".

It's pronounced like this - "H-yo Sung (with strong, quick emphasis)"

Reba and TCS - I don't know if you know this for sure but I just asked my mom about pronouncing "Hyosung".

It's pronounced like this - "H-yo Sung (with strong, quick emphasis)"
:ty:

We have a Korean friend at church, and TCS asked her how to pronounce it when he first bought it. Even still, many bikers say, "huh?' :lol: (Technically, TCS's bike has the UM emblem on it, which means United Motors but it's the same company.)

Soviet Bike > Endemic's bike

110.jpg

210.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

0-60: .03 nanoseconds

I just had a pants-shitting moment just a few hours ago... I was on the way home from Brooklyn along FDR. The temperature was great. The traffic was minimal. The traffic speed was around 60mph. All of sudden - I saw a van swerving something and then a quick second later... I was swerving too...... because of biker trying to start his disabled superbike

people need to get off the highway if their vehicles are in questionable shape :mad2:

I just had a pants-shitting moment just a few hours ago... I was on the way home from Brooklyn along FDR. The temperature was great. The traffic was minimal. The traffic speed was around 60mph. All of sudden - I saw a van swerving something and then a quick second later... I was swerving too...... because of biker trying to start his disabled superbike

people need to get off the highway if their vehicles are in questionable shape :mad2:
Sounds like you need to expand your 2-second rule to about 6 or 8. :lol:

I agree that guy needs to get off the road to work on his bike.

Just a little off-topic but it is to your post - I keep at least 6- 8 second rule in between cars because they can sudden stop at anytime - thats why I am afraid to crash my car again. (Yes, I crashed my car twice in my life) :mad2:

Just a little off-topic but it is to your post - I keep at least 6- 8 second rule in between cars because they can sudden stop at anytime - thats why I am afraid to crash my car again. (Yes, I crashed my car twice in my life) :mad2:

Depend weight of vehicles and technology of vehicles (ESC,ABS,etc.). I have no problem with two seconds rules for over 11 years.

Two seconds rules for sport cars and 6 seconds rules for trucks and classic vehicles.

Good thing you are okay.

Depend weight of vehicles and technology of vehicles (ESC,ABS,etc.). I have no problem with two seconds rules for over 11 years.

Two seconds rules for sport cars and 6 seconds rules for trucks and classic vehicles.
No wonder I used the 2 second rule against my old shitty car

10284d1164019148-post-picture-your-car-image015.jpg

yes, I crashed that car ..5 years ago.

Good thing you are safe.

I am sure you feel big different between your old car and Ford Fiesta for brake system.
Oh, my 2009 fiesta is much better than my commodore!

I think I have successfully derailed this thread :iolol: I think I should move this to the car thread, should I?

Oh, my 2009 fiesta is much better than my commodore!

I think I have successfully derailed this thread :iolol: I think I should move this to the car thread, should I?

lol I don't care

Sounds like you need to expand your 2-second rule to about 6 or 8. :lol:
that's what I always do but it's tough in NYC cuz the drivers always cut in. ALWAYS!!! So it's usually 3-seconds rule for me in NYC. NYC drivers.... the worst.... they don't know how to drive safely :roll: We Joisey hate them Yankees driving in Joisey. :lol:

I agree that guy needs to get off the road to work on his bike.
it's incredibly unfortunate that it happened to him especially in FDR because there's mostly no emergency lane. He pulled as far as he can to the right. He should not have ridden it on highway if his bike was in questionable condition.

it doesn't matter. you must always do "3-6 seconds rule" because it's simply safe. It doesn't matter if you have a modern car with state-of-art technology equipped with sensors and chips. It doesn't matter you're driving Porsche, BMW, Bugatti, etc. It's the human that can't be upgraded with state-of-art technology.

I'm not telling you how to drive but I simply don't agree with your reasoning with 2-seconds rule. It's great that you haven't had problem with 2-seconds rule for over 11 years but it only takes just 1 mistake that will make your 11 years meaningless.

oh - for clarification purpose... FDR is the East-side highway of NYC and WSH (West Side Highway) is, of course, the west side of NYC. WSH is pretty safe and easy to ride on but FDR is quite hair-raising. I'm sure Jake can attest to that :lol:

lower_manhattan_map_east_village.gif

WSH and FDR are drastically different. WSH is easy to ride on and it's safe because the first half has traffic lights and then the rest is just 3-lanes straightaway. WSH is open view and the road is good. It has emergency lanes/parking area all over.

But FDR.... it's definitely not for weak stomach or beginners. The road condition can change rapidly in just matter of seconds and it has several scenarios - semi-tunnel (under the building), under-pass, construction sites, flood area, dark area with no light, etc. The road condition is highly unpredictable and there is hardly any place to pull over for emergency. But..... the major advantage about FDR is a very quick drive. It has no traffic lights and it's a fast-paced highway.

Despite of these road hazards on FDR.... the biggest safety concern is the slow driver (or beginner).

oh - for clarification purpose... FDR is the East-side highway of NYC and WSH (West Side Highway) is, of course, the west side of NYC. WSH is pretty safe and easy to ride on but FDR is quite hair-raising. I'm sure Jake can attest to that :lol:

lower_manhattan_map_east_village.gif

:laugh2: :laugh2:

I definitely remember that!

Back