A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Do you have running boards and throttle rocker or cruise control? They can help reduce the numbness. I've noticed a difference since I got my running boards and throttle rocker.

my bike's definitely not the type to have a pair of running boards :lol: and yes I have a cruise control. It's the 5 cents O-ring used for Caterpillar machine.

my bike's definitely not the type to have a pair of running boards :lol: and yes I have a cruise control. It's the 5 cents O-ring used for Caterpillar machine.
Oops, my bad about running boards for your type of bike. :lol:

so I nearly hit a dumb jaywalker today just by barely couple feet. What was he thinking???? He darted across the road without looking and I had to slam on the brake. The car on my left nearly hit him too. :roll:

2dkfssh.jpg

I wish the horn button is the very top (grey button) because it's easier to reach. That button right now is to flash high-beam light.... utterly useless. The horn button is at my thumb area - red button. Very hard to press it if you're in "oh-shit" moment. Latest model has horn at top. That's why I couldn't honk at that dumb jaywalker when I was doing hard stop.
15etsgp.jpg

Pay very close attention to my 5 cents cruise control (the yellow O-ring)

Cruise Control OFF
21o7lte.jpg

Cruise Control ON
102qiko.jpg

Most stock motorcycle horns are wimpy weak anyway. If someone can't hear your rumble they probably won't hear your horn either.

White House Initiative Needs Motorized Recreation Input
Attend a listening session or share your comments with the administration
On April 16th, the White House administration launched an initiative to promote America's Great Outdoors. The program was announced during an invite-only event at the Department of the Interior (DOI) attended by the President, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar and representatives of conservation and recreation interest groups.

The program will continue with public listening sessions, to be held around the country, that are intended to connect local interests with senior administration officials. Topics to be discussed are the programs and projects that will play key roles in developing a modern conservation and recreation agenda.

Participation from motorized recreation enthusiasts and stakeholders is of the utmost importance at each proposed listening session. The America's Great Outdoors program was kicked-off with words from Governor Bill Richardson (NM) that encouraged the administration to move ahead with exclusionary measures that would block motorized use on public lands without public input. To read the AMA background on that issue, click here.

The White House and administration officials must know that encouraging the use of America's Great Outdoors must include all forms of responsible recreation.

There are two confirmed meetings to be held next week and the AMA is calling on anyone interested in representing responsible motorized recreation to attend:

Charleston, SC
When: Monday, June 28th, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Founders Hall
Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
1500 Old Towne Road
Charleston, SC
Register: No registration is required
If you cannot attend a meeting, or one is not being offered in your area, DOI has created an official website for the President's initiative where you can leave your comments on the importance and benefits of responsible motorized recreation. AMA encourages you to visit the America's Great Outdoors website by clicking here.

As always, continue to look to the AMA for more information as the program develops or if more meetings are announced. You can also find out about more off-highway issues at www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com/Rights.

Most stock motorcycle horns are wimpy weak anyway. If someone can't hear your rumble they probably won't hear your horn either.

Theres always the Stebel bike air horn its really loud.

2dkfssh.jpg

I wish the horn button is the very top (grey button) because it's easier to reach. That button right now is to flash high-beam light.... utterly useless. The horn button is at my thumb area - red button. Very hard to press it if you're in "oh-shit" moment. Latest model has horn at top. That's why I couldn't honk at that dumb jaywalker when I was doing hard stop.
15etsgp.jpg

Pay very close attention to my 5 cents cruise control (the yellow O-ring)

Cruise Control OFF
21o7lte.jpg

Cruise Control ON
102qiko.jpg

LoL. Bummer.

I have the same problem with my Jeep Cherokee horn. It has two buttons, one on each side of the steering wheel. I can't reach them from the driving position. If I want to honk the horn I have to let go my hand from the wheel to reach the horn. That's not good for quick response. Also, the buttons aren't very sensitive, so I have to hit them with the right amount of pressure and angle. Not convenient at all, so I rarely use them.

My horn buttons that are positioned below my hands when steering:

Attachments

• steeringwheel1.jpg
    steeringwheel1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
I have the same problem with my Jeep Cherokee horn. It has two buttons, one on each side of the steering wheel. I can't reach them from the driving position. If I want to honk the horn I have to let go my hand from the wheel to reach the horn. That's not good for quick response. Also, the buttons aren't very sensitive, so I have to hit them with the right amount of pressure and angle. Not convenient at all, so I rarely use them.

yep. i hate it when there is a button horn. the original design (the center) was simple and best. too bad the design changed since introduction of airbag. it's unfortunate that the design gets more and more complicated.

TCS's throttle rocker:

ah yes - that one.... yea it's commonly called as "Cramp Buster". the $5-10 solution.

Throttle Rocker.... I would be surprised if people confused it with Kaoko Throttle Lock. It's pretty expensive but so dang clever. It's about $600 for my bike.

Kaoko.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOGjRkGinDs]YouTube - Kaoko Cruise Control[/ame]

Back