A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Who says you need a dirt bike to go on really crappy, isolated gravel/ rock and dirt/ mud road? Take a ride on the road on a sport bike.

2014_05_04_11_14_50.jpg

2014_05_04_11_08_38.jpg

2014_05_04.jpg

377879706879782903.jpg

So I went to my parent's place where I store the bike and no fuel has leaked out, but I did have some weird issues, but I think most of my problems are due to cables needing lube and adjustment badly.

I hit 110 MPH on the interstate today and when I decided to slow down I cruised along at 80 MPH and then noticed after a few miles I had lost power and I tried giving it more throttle but that had no effect, so I pulled over to the side of the interstate and the bike died, but after a little bit, I got it started again and rode off. I think maybe sustaining 110 for as long as I did emptied the carbs and the bike needed time to fill it back up.

I had a starting issue at a Mcdonalds where I finished with an Ingress portal and then the bike refused to start.. I opened the fuel tank to see if I had fuel and I did, but it started up after opening the tank.

I'm also noticing difficulty getting the bike to go into neutral, RPM almost stalls out in 1st gear at lights, but in neutral the RPM is just fine and at stops, it feels like the bike is moving forward a little bit or trying to anyway.

Other than that, it works just fine, but I would like to figure what's going on with my bike.

I am proud of my bike for making it over roads beyond a sport bike's recommended operation. I took it into the national forest on a gravel, rocky, muddy road where a dirtbike really should have been used, but it made it and back and it was scary as hell at only 25-30 MPH on that road, but filled my adrenaline need, that and going 110 on the interstate..lol

Ok, the first thought I had was to check your fuel filter. If you let your bike sit for a long time, the junk (varnish) in your tank would have clogged up your fuel filter and made your bike act as if it was starved for fuel.

BTW, I am making the trip tmw to Deal's Gap. No biggie if you can't come. I will plan well in advance for a Deaf Bike Rally at the Dragon. Even if 2 or three people show up, it will be worth it.

Hope you can make it ..I think it would be absolutely fantastic to meet you in person.

p.s. most fuel filters are located in the petcock

Ok, the first thought I had was to check your fuel filter. If you let your bike sit for a long time, the junk (varnish) in your tank would have clogged up your fuel filter and made your bike act as if it was starved for fuel.

BTW, I am making the trip tmw to Deal's Gap. No biggie if you can't come. I will plan well in advance for a Deaf Bike Rally at the Dragon. Even if 2 or three people show up, it will be worth it.

Hope you can make it ..I think it would be absolutely fantastic to meet you in person.

p.s. most fuel filters are located in the petcock

I won't be able to ride until this weekend. My bike is down I-81 at exit 50 and I'm up I-81 at exit 222. :shock:

I won't be able to ride until this weekend. My bike is down I-81 at exit 50 and I'm up I-81 at exit 222. :shock:

We should plan for a rally sometime this summer.

I didn't go to the Dragon today as planned. I went some place closer. This bike is an old bike, but new to me, and I wanted to drive it closer to home in case of problems.

No problems though .. it runs like a champ.

I am grieving a loss in the family, so I had to be left alone, and I wanted to go somewhere where I could be left alone (we lost someone on Sunday).

Oh yeah ... another thing too - it isn't a moving violation if you are not moving, and I was not crossing the double yellow :lol:

ooooooh .. livin on the edge ....

I was the only one there. For 2 hours. Besides ... the speed limit was 25 and if anyone did happen to venture out, I would have seen them a mile away. ;)

that's a really nice remote area :thumb:

where is this place?

Just seems appropriate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwzGH6kOlI]George Jones, Ralph Stanley, Vince Gill - Angel Band - YouTube[/ame]
My latest sun is sinking fast
My race is nearly run
My longest trials now are past
My triumph has begun

Chorus
Oh come angel band
Come and around me stand
Bear me away on your snow white wings
To my immortal home
Bear me away on you snow white wings
To my immortal home

Oh bear my longing soul to him
Who bled and died for me
Whose blood now cleanses from all sins
And brings me victory

[chorus]

I know I'm near the holy ranks
Of friends and kindred dear
I brush the dew on Jordan's banks
The crossing must be near

I've almost gained my heavenly home
My spirit loudly sings
The holy ones, behold they come
I hear the noise of wings

My first ever "selfie"

When I take my grandpa's ashes on the coast to coast trip with me (I am letting him go at Glacier National Park, Montana) I will be riding with the Navajo Hopi Honor Riders when I am in Arizona. I have an Uncle whom is a friend of the Navajo Nation and also a biker. He is a Vietnam Vet and current Arizona Ranger (we are part Native American).

This will be my "spirit journey" and letting a loved one reunite with our collective ancestors (and also my way of letting him go).

http://navajohopihonorriders.com/

Hopefully they will be available when I arrive in Arizona.

I'm riding down to Bristol this Saturday, I need to get my bike inspected, but I really do need to figure out why my idle in gear is rough to the point it stalls out, while in neutral it's just fine and speaking of neutral, seems my bike now never wants to land in neutral and it's a real headache.

I may have a tank vent clog or something somewhere because the bike has twice refused to start until after I opened up my tank. That was the cause as far as I know why I lost power and stalled out on I-81 South on Sunday.

I need to pack lightly and drive back down and ride my bike back up, I didn't have enough space in the backpack for everything, so I'll plan a lot better this time so I can ride back and have my auto mechanics instructor have a look, since he's also a biker too.

what you gonna do about your bike?

What do you mean?

Back