A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Of course you can come .. :wave:

I'd like to have a Deaf oriented bike rally ...

In fact, I am planning on going up to the Dragon next week Thursday to scout for any potential rally we can plan as an Alldeaf group. If you can meet me there that would be cool.

I can only do it if it's a ride on the weekend and assuming my crankcase decides not to fill back up with the contents of the tank above it like it did this winter. I need to get it inspected soon too, it's inspection just expired, but the plate is good until April 2017..lol The bike will either be sold by then or be with me back in Nevada. :p

How many people and what kind of bikes are coming?

Where on the back do you want to meet? It'd be easiest for me to meet in Marion, VA between town and Hungry Mother state park or something? Let me know, I've ridden it before. And I'm hoping I'm not going to be the only sport bike coming.

If my crankcase is full of fuel again, I can always come along with the cage and be the annoying jerk cager everyone hates.. :p

I see this every time I go through this thread and I always forget... but I have to say.... This bike is hideous.... :shock:

Yeah and people think the same thing about my favourite car, the DeLorean, but what do I care, I like both the old and new Brough Superiors and the DeLorean.

I'm sure I'd think your bike is hideous.

I can only do it if it's a ride on the weekend and assuming my crankcase decides not to fill back up with the contents of the tank above it like it did this winter. I need to get it inspected soon too, it's inspection just expired, but the plate is good until April 2017..lol The bike will either be sold by then or be with me back in Nevada. :p

How many people and what kind of bikes are coming?

Where on the back do you want to meet? It'd be easiest for me to meet in Marion, VA between town and Hungry Mother state park or something? Let me know, I've ridden it before. And I'm hoping I'm not going to be the only sport bike coming.

If my crankcase is full of fuel again, I can always come along with the cage and be the annoying jerk cager everyone hates.. :p

cagers are fine :lol:

The property that my friend has is actually in Tennessee. Its about 17 miles from Deal's Gap.

If I can get a Sunday off, would you want to meet at Deal's Gap? That may be quite a trip for you for just one day. It takes me about three hours to get to Deal's Gap.

I'll join in from Marion, VA.. No idea where Deal's gap is and I'm already going to be on the road a long time coming from Staunton, VA area to Marion.

Saavik, are you leaving your petcock on? That's the only thing I can think of as to why your crankcase would fill up with fuel. If I did that to my Goldwing (left petcock on/open) the fuel would continue to gravity feed into the carb floats, then overflow into the crankcase. It is very important to turn off your petcock when the bike is not running.

Saavik, are you leaving your petcock on? That's the only thing I can think of as to why your crankcase would fill up with fuel. If I did that to my Goldwing (left petcock on/open) the fuel would continue to gravity feed into the carb floats, then overflow into the crankcase. It is very important to turn off your petcock when the bike is not running.

depends on the bike ... mine had 3 positions ... run, prime and reserve ... it was vacuum activated when the bike turned over so it stayed in the run spot all the time.

depends on the bike ... mine had 3 positions ... run, prime and reserve ... it was vacuum activated when the bike turned over so it stayed in the run spot all the time.

I had to add an inline shut off valve on the fuel line on my snapper mower (it does not come with one), because the fuel was flooding the motor. I think Saavik's bike is doing the same thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyFv2w-GJWw]How to install an inline fuel shut off valve - YouTube[/ame]

I always turn my fuel off, I just forget to turn it on sometimes, but I'm really good at making sure it's off and when I went over to my bike when I got back this past weekend, it was still in the off position. My bike has Off, on and reserve settings. I'm still baffled as to how the motorcycle's crankcase got filled with the fuel from the tank.

I always turn my fuel off, I just forget to turn it on sometimes, but I'm really good at making sure it's off and when I went over to my bike when I got back this past weekend, it was still in the off position. My bike has Off, on and reserve settings. I'm still baffled as to how the motorcycle's crankcase got filled with the fuel from the tank.

The petcock may be no good .... try adding an inline shutoff valve just as a backup safety precaution.

The petcock may be no good .... try adding an inline shutoff valve just as a backup safety precaution.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, going to try replacing the petcock only. Staying at a friend's place right now, just hope the tank isn't going to be found drained tomorrow.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, going to try replacing the petcock only. Staying at a friend's place right now, just hope the tank isn't going to be found drained tomorrow.

Sometimes (well .... often) if you leave a bike sitting for a long time, there is a residue in the gas that turns into a putty like material that can really mess up your carbs and petcock.

Next time you get your bike running ... run some seafoam through everything

can't find anything CC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBslr8ri8Q]How To Seafoam a Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ehow.com/how_8685128_use-seafoam-motorcycles.html

Sometimes (well .... often) if you leave a bike sitting for a long time, there is a residue in the gas that turns into a putty like material that can really mess up your carbs and petcock.

Next time you get your bike running ... run some seafoam through everything

can't find anything CC

How To Seafoam a Motorcycle - YouTube

How to Use SeaFoam on Motorcycles | eHow

I used seafoam on my 1981 motorcycle and it works great AS you follow seafoam's recommend from the label.

What is a good scenic southern route from the Atlantic to the Pacific?

I also want to tour Going-To-The-Sun-Road in Glacier National Park, Montana (after driving North along the Pacific Coast to get there) then back to Atlanta from Montana.

Then, when I get home, I will write a song about the trip .. or a book ... I was invited to submit my writing for a Deaf Anthology.

The person going on the trip with me is one of my best friends from when we were kids. A grassroots Deafie (and a bona fide spitfire trouble maker tough guy)

So I went to my parent's place where I store the bike and no fuel has leaked out, but I did have some weird issues, but I think most of my problems are due to cables needing lube and adjustment badly.

I hit 110 MPH on the interstate today and when I decided to slow down I cruised along at 80 MPH and then noticed after a few miles I had lost power and I tried giving it more throttle but that had no effect, so I pulled over to the side of the interstate and the bike died, but after a little bit, I got it started again and rode off. I think maybe sustaining 110 for as long as I did emptied the carbs and the bike needed time to fill it back up.

I had a starting issue at a Mcdonalds where I finished with an Ingress portal and then the bike refused to start.. I opened the fuel tank to see if I had fuel and I did, but it started up after opening the tank.

I'm also noticing difficulty getting the bike to go into neutral, RPM almost stalls out in 1st gear at lights, but in neutral the RPM is just fine and at stops, it feels like the bike is moving forward a little bit or trying to anyway.

Other than that, it works just fine, but I would like to figure what's going on with my bike.

I am proud of my bike for making it over roads beyond a sport bike's recommended operation. I took it into the national forest on a gravel, rocky, muddy road where a dirtbike really should have been used, but it made it and back and it was scary as hell at only 25-30 MPH on that road, but filled my adrenaline need, that and going 110 on the interstate..lol

So I went to my parent's place where I store the bike and no fuel has leaked out, but I did have some weird issues, but I think most of my problems are due to cables needing lube and adjustment badly.

I hit 110 MPH on the interstate today and when I decided to slow down I cruised along at 80 MPH and then noticed after a few miles I had lost power and I tried giving it more throttle but that had no effect, so I pulled over to the side of the interstate and the bike died, but after a little bit, I got it started again and rode off. I think maybe sustaining 110 for as long as I did emptied the carbs and the bike needed time to fill it back up.

I had a starting issue at a Mcdonalds where I finished with an Ingress portal and then the bike refused to start.. I opened the fuel tank to see if I had fuel and I did, but it started up after opening the tank.

I'm also noticing difficulty getting the bike to go into neutral, RPM almost stalls out in 1st gear at lights, but in neutral the RPM is just fine and at stops, it feels like the bike is moving forward a little bit or trying to anyway.

Other than that, it works just fine, but I would like to figure what's going on with my bike.

I am proud of my bike for making it over roads beyond a sport bike's recommended operation. I took it into the national forest on a gravel, rocky, muddy road where a dirtbike really should have been used, but it made it and back and it was scary as hell at only 25-30 MPH on that road, but filled my adrenaline need, that and going 110 on the interstate..lol
how's the battery? I had similar issue (except hitting 110mph cuz my bike's incapable of reaching over 99mph :lol: ) and it was a weak battery and another time - loose battery connection.

how's the battery? I had similar issue (except hitting 110mph cuz my bike's incapable of reaching over 99mph :lol: ) and it was a weak battery and another time - loose battery connection.

Not sure, I, like an idiot left the battery connected all winter long, but it still works and I've already put hundreds of miles on my bike since, so surely it's charged back up?

Not sure, I, like an idiot left the battery connected all winter long, but it still works and I've already put hundreds of miles on my bike since, so surely it's charged back up?

once the battery goes kaput... it's permanently kaput because the metal parts inside have already oxidized. that's why the manual book says to always check regularly to make sure the water inside is within the level. this is not an issue for maintenance-free or sealed battery.

I'd make check battery, battery connection, and alternator. if these checked out... then.... I dunno - I guess do what other people said about carb. I don't have much experience with carb engine.

Back