A 3 years old girl was attacked by family-friendly golden retriever

Do Something About It

Sorry To Hear About That 3 Years Old Girl..
I Really Hope Her Parent Do Something...file Complain Against The Neighbor... Sue Them...

About 14 Years Ago, Same With My Friend's Niece..the Dog Bite Her..
Thats Relative's Dog..they Sue Them And Win Case...because Dog Bite Other People.

So She Win Case And Put In Bank...save For Her Future Plastic Surgery.

Now Shes 17 Years Old..so Beautiful..i Cant See Any Scar??

No Matter...friend Or Neighbor Or Family...still Sue For Their Damage, Injury, Expenses for Hospital.

Hope She Feel Better Soon..

Neighor and I saw.. He said Sorry, His dog is so stupid and learn lesson that dont ever enter my property.. we laughs! His dog isnt serious hurtly

*scratches my head*

I didn't asked if the dog was seriously injured, I asked if that dog was injured? As you stated, your dog grabbed that dog by the neck? possible shake as you mention. It doesn't matter how bad the injury is, the point is that your dog did injured that poor dog am I correct?

You also mention You are aware of your dog's behavior issue, his aggressive side. And I asked you if you have kids living under the same roof as where the dog is? If so, It's not a good idea to keep the dog around, If I were you, I'll give the dog up. ;) I wouldn't take no chances if I knew the dog has a behavior issue.

*scratches my head*

I didn't asked if the dog was seriously injured, I asked if that dog was injured? As you stated, your dog grabbed that dog by the neck? possible shake as you mention. It doesn't matter how bad the injury is, the point is that your dog did injured that poor dog am I correct?

Yes so Neighbor won't let me check his dog cuz he said not worry abt his dog and It's stupid and fault so I looked his dog was fine! so after that I see his dog won't ever enter my property since one year :lol:

Yes so Neighbor won't let me check his dog cuz he said not worry abt his dog and It's stupid and fault so I looked his dog was fine! so after that I see his dog won't ever enter my property since one year :lol:

I don't find anything funny with your story here honestly. :(

*scratches my head*

You also mention You are aware of your dog's behavior issue, his aggressive side. And I asked you if you have kids living under the same roof as where the dog is? If so, It's not a good idea to keep the dog around, If I were you, I'll give the dog up. ;) I wouldn't take no chances if I knew the dog has a behavior issue.

He don't have any aggressive But I could see he is aggressive protecting my property that first time crazy unlisted dog roam my land and make my dog was very :pissed: and want take leash off to stop it.. Another side his personal.. He is wimping boy! Afraid of thunder and afraid of my cats! The Excellent manner with leash or without leash he will stay with us while dogs around there.. An example We re away camping and he complete ignoring another dogs unless its come enter my site.. He will become secure act! A while then back his calm personal. so its normal dog behavior ok.. we can closer or touchs his dinner plate! :):)

Sorry, I disagree with you there, It goes both ways, it's not always the owner's fault, sometimes the dog never showed any signs of aggression it just snapped for no reason.

I disagree with you because it is often the owners' fault, hardly a dog's. If you should rent a DVD called Dog Whisper, a famous man name Cesar Millan. He has about 30 plus dogs and all were rescued from the street, Katrina, and from Los Angelos' shelters. They have numerous behavior problems and were aggressive to dogs and people. Cesar was amazing that he able to change these dogs' behavior.

If you don't have national geography channel, you should get one. Cesar's shows are on NGC.

He said it is always the owner rather than the dog's.

National Geographic Channel - Dog Whisperer

National Geographic Channel - Dog Whisperer: Episodes

Cesar Millan

His clips are here,
Watch the clip of NUNU
Cesar Millan - Dog Whisperer Clips
This is a letter from the Nunu's owner

Cesar Millan - Success Stories

I am not kidding, all 30 plus dogs walk behind Cesar without on the leash and follow him where ever he went.

Sorry, I disagree with you there, It goes both ways, it's not always the owner's fault, sometimes the dog never showed any signs of aggression it just snapped for no reason. It's not always the owner's fault in every mauled, attacked or killed by their dogs. Some dogs growl and snapped if people stepping on their boundaries, or there could be a health reasons behind these sudden attitude changes. It doesn't always mean that the dog was raise to be aggression because of how they were treated. Look at all sides not one sided only. I don't always blame the owner. ;)

You've made a good point and I agree it not always the owner's fault, it does go both ways...

It's like if a child was playing outside with his/her brother, sister or a friend, and something happened as one of them got hurt, and it can lead to arguments and fights < is that the parents fault ? no, it's the child's fault for how he/she handle the situation... but with animals, they can not speak, so if they get hurt or being teased, they respond to by biting, barking, growling, hissing, scratching, etc...

Accident can happen, anytime and anywhere, if a child accidentally step on a dog's paws, and the dog respond it by attacking the child but, it not the owner's fault, nor the child's or the dog's fault either, things like that can happen...

As Cheri said, a pet can attack if it's sick, sometimes owners won't know if their pet is sick, until signs are shown, as if the dog/cat etc begins to bite, growls, hissing, barking etc ....the list goes on and on....

There are MANY MANY reasons for a pet to attack, it's not always the owner's fault or the child's...

Does your home have fence?

It's cruel to put in kennel.

I think she meant this

If so, then no it's not cruel, if it was, then they wouldn't be selling it at the market, beside that what most Kennels and animal shelter has...

I don't find anything funny with your story here honestly. :(

I agree, I don't think it is funny to see dogs get hurt in fighting because they expect owners to protect their dogs. Only dominant dogs will fight because they use fighting to ensure their superiority and dominant. When a dog lost the battle, either it will be dead or has to obey the winner's new rules in the pack. :mad:

I think his neighbor does not understand he needs to step in as a leader to protect his dog from the danger. Dogs are close related to wolves. They both have many similarities in making a rule and fighting for better position in the pack. Dogs and wolves are NOT democratic and they do not share everyone equally like humans do; therefore, the very top leader in the pack will be the FIRST one to eat the best meal, sleeps in higher bed, leads everyone out of danger or makes the decision when to hunt. Whoever is at the very top will ALWAYS protect everyone from dangers and will be the first one to make any decisions; like who can fight or not. The pack expected the alpha wolf (same as an alpha dog) to discipline and make rules. This applies to our dogs.

When an owner failed to protect the dog from a danger, the dog lost its respect and would jump in to take over the role as an alpha. It would start to bark and act aggressive to all dogs it sees. The same aggressive dog can respect a new leader without being aggressive all the time.

Yes, it is owner's FAULT for not trying to protect and that's why the behavior changes so fast after a naive dog got into bad fight.

If a dog is being aggressive when someone walks in the bedroom, the dog does not see the person as their alpha leader. The dog owns the room and tells someone to stay away. It only respects and welcomes a leader to walk in the room without being aggressive.

The same idea as if you have a dog who is overprotective of his toys or food, the dog does not see you or someone as an alpha leader. A group of pack will not be overprotective with their food or toys if an alpha leader wants it.

Cane,

Sorry, but, Casear does not point fingers only at the owners likely you do, He explained how to changed an unwanted behavior on dogs. how to teach dogs rules, boundaries and limitation. Not every owner knows it's rules, boundaries and limitation. Yes, we all could learn a thing or two from Casear, but keep in mind, a dog being aggressive is another way of how a dog communicate because something is bothering the dog, the dog would use it animal instincts. Some owners are not aware of when the dog will do harm until it happened. So therefore I don't always blame the owner it depends on each situation and how it was handle, and what cause the dog to snapped and Why? ;)

Cheri,

Many times he does point out it's the owner, because they are willing to let the dog win with whatever it wants. The very first way for a dog to challenge an owner is to show a small teeth, when the dog sees the owner backing down. Next time, it will show bigger teeth and then the owner will walk out of the room. The owner is letting the dog winning this battle. It could have stopped a long time ago, until the scene becomes bad. The owner will have to look a dog behaviorist to resolve the problem or re home the dog with an experienced trainer.

May I ask, who taught the dog to behave like this?

If I were that owner who has a dog who showed a small teeth, I will ignore his behavior. It will go away because he realized that it does not get him anywhere.

In my opinion.. all small children should not have puppy or kitten.. until they learn how to take care of them properly.....

How come? :( and why is it the child's job to take care of them?...or do you mean to say how they should treat them properly? if so, isn't that the parents' responsibility to teach their children what is appropriate and whats not since many young children simply may not understand how to properly handle the animal without harming it, that when parents has to step in and teach them how to handle the animal gently and explaining that the child’s actions are hurting the animal will often result of the child getting attacked.. safety is important because you do not want your child to get hurt or killed if your child doesn't understand what he/she did wrong etc....

If you say owners shouldn't get puppy or kittens if there's children in the household then how is the children going to learn to treat the animal with kindness?...:dunno:

Cheri,

Many times he does point out it's the owner, because they are willing to let the dog win with whatever it wants. The very first way for a dog to challenge an owner is to show a small teeth, when the dog sees the owner backing down. Next time, it will show bigger teeth and then the owner will walk out of the room. The owner is letting the dog winning this battle. It could have stopped a long time ago, until the scene becomes bad. The owner will have to look a dog behaviorist to resolve the problem or re home the dog with an experienced trainer.

I agreed ;) But, not all owners ignores it's dog's behavior, like I said it's depends on the situation, how it start, for what reason, and why. ;)

I agreed ;) But, not all owners ignores it's dog's behavior, like I said it's depends on the situation, how it start, for what reason, and why. ;)

Yes you are right, it depends on the situation. If a dog is in pain and gives a warning, then this is different.

Back