A 3 years old girl was attacked by family-friendly golden retriever

Cane Corso

Reaction score
Three-year-old Breanna Webster may have scars for the rest of her life.

Her neighbor's dog attacked her, Tuesday evening.

Little Breanna Webster was playing with a dog most people would consider family-friendly, a golden retriever.

"This dog has destroyed this little girl's life," said Eve Melend, Breanna's aunt.

Toddler mauled by neighbor's dog | Latest News | WFAA.com

Aww poor little girl :( ....

This story is a bit fishy, first of all, why is the 3 years old playing with the neighbor's dog knowing that this dog had attacked before? second who was with her at that time when she was outside playing with the dog? was she alone? or with someone? there are too many missing pieces to this story, as matter of fact it's not enough information to know what exactly happened, since the owner said that this little girl stepped on the dog's paws and that why the dog attacked, but then again, why is she allowing this little girl playing with her dog? after she had repeatly told the children to stay away from her dog?...This doesn't make any sense...

I see her father's comment that her parents were 10 feet away....I wonder if the family knew that this dog had attacked before?...and if the dog was on their property than it would be a entire different story but then again, I dunno what to say on this...:hmm: This is sad it happened to this little girl

Last edited:
Read this statement: She said she always tells children under the age of 10 to stay away from him, "because he'll bite you."

Why was this little girl playing with the dog? If the little girl didn't get the message, then who's fault is that? the girl or the dog? Who was watching this little girl while playing with the dog?

I'm sorry this happened to the little girl, it shouldn't have happened to anyone. :(

No, it's the owner's fault.

The owners knew that the dog would bite, but they left the dog to be easily accessed by the little girl. If this bite occurred outside in a backyard, the owners could have made sure that the little girl didn't go into the backyard and put a lock on any gates that would allow anyone to get in. If it was in the house, the owners could have just kept the dog outside and the little girl inside... or just locked the dog in a room somewhere in the house so that the little girl can't get to it.

My parents had 2 fully-grown dalmatians. Both of them don't know their own strengths and often knock things over without knowing about it. For instance, we try to keep them away from the tree because they often knock down ornaments with their tails without knowing about it.

Anyway, when my nephew was born... my parents knew that the dogs had never been exposed to babies before and didn't want to leave any risk, so they had the dogs put in a kennel for a week while my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew were visiting for the holidays. That was one of the right things to do.

Anyway, when my nephew was born... my parents knew that the dogs had never been exposed to babies before and didn't want to leave any risk, so they had the dogs put in a kennel for a week while my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew were visiting for the holidays. That was one of the right things to do.

Yeppers I did the same thing when my 3rd child was born, cause he kept growling everytime the baby cries, my ex husband was hearing, so I'm glad he told me this otherwise anything could have happened, so I had to give it up, it was the right thing to do..

Three-year-old Breanna Webster may have scars for the rest of her life.

Her neighbor's dog attacked her, Tuesday evening.

Little Breanna Webster was playing with a dog most people would consider family-friendly, a golden retriever.

"This dog has destroyed this little girl's life," said Eve Melend, Breanna's aunt.

Toddler mauled by neighbor's dog | Latest News | WFAA.com

Any kind of breeds or mutts does bite children if one pull dog or puppy s tail.. or near their food... dogs would be turned on the defensive mode..

I remembered I got a mixed puppy.... that puppy hated my son when he was only 2 1/2 yrs old.. he chased after puppy.. kept pulling his tail... als near his food.. one afternoon all of sudden that puppy bit on my son s tummy and hang on.... i had to release puppy s teeth off my son....I realized that my son is tooo young to take care of puppy.. he did not understand dog s sensitives to certain things...
So I found this puppy new home ....I realized that my son was not ready to have any kinds of pets... so I waited until he was old enough to understand the responsibility of taking care of pets..

In my opinion.. all small children should not have puppy or kitten.. until they learn how to take care of them properly.....

Any kind of breeds or mutts does bite children if one pull dog or puppy s tail.. or near their food...

You are 100% right, that is why I had to post news related to dogs that people would not expect that could maul a kid just like a pit bull would. This belief is often wrong. Pit bulls are easy to target for the media because it looks tough and strong. No one wants to read a paper about a cute looking dog attacked a kid.

Many have blamed the breed rather than the deed. I never blame the breed because it does not happen like that. No dogs or people were born to be mean, they learn how to be mean or were made that way from lack of socialization. I always blame the owner.

You are 100% right, that is why I had to post a news related to dogs that people would not expect that could maul a kid just like a pit bull. Pit bulls are easy to target for the media because it looks tough and strong. No one wants to read a paper about a cute looking dog attacked a kid.

Yep.

When I was 8 or 9, I got attacked by a cocker spaniel.. twice. the owner of the dog knew about it but did nothing.. Oh well.

Yep.

When I was 8 or 9, I got attacked by a cocker spaniel.. twice. the owner of the dog knew about it but did nothing.. Oh well.
When I was 6 or 7 years old, I was attacked by my grandparent's german shepard. It was my fault since I pet him while he was eating.

They put him to sleep later, I think.

No dogs or people were born to be mean, they learn how to be mean or were made that way from lack of socialization. I always blame the owner.

Sorry, I disagree with you there, It goes both ways, it's not always the owner's fault, sometimes the dog never showed any signs of aggression it just snapped for no reason. It's not always the owner's fault in every mauled, attacked or killed by their dogs. Some dogs growl and snapped if people stepping on their boundaries, or there could be a health reasons behind these sudden attitude changes. It doesn't always mean that the dog was raise to be aggression because of how they were treated. Look at all sides not one sided only. I don't always blame the owner. ;)

If you ever watched Animal cops, those dogs been through neglect and abuse, and they lived a happy life after adoption, Yet, I haven't seen any signs of attacked, mauled or killed by those dogs , just a few when they haven't passed the test before adoption.

Sorry, I disagree with you there, It goes both ways, it's not always the owner's fault, sometimes the dog never showed any signs of aggression it just snapped for no reason. It's not always the owner's fault in every mauled, attacked or killed by their dogs. Some dogs growl and snapped if people stepping on their boundaries, or there could be a health reasons behind these sudden attitude changes. It doesn't always mean that the dog was raise to be aggression because of how they were treated. Look at all sides not one sided only. I don't always blame the owner. ;)

If you ever watched Animal cops, those dogs been through neglect and abuse, and they lived a happy life after adoption, Yet, I haven't seen any signs of attacked, mauled or killed by those dogs , just a few when they haven't passed the test before adoption.

Some type of dogs aren't socialization, also I tried wave at one big dog but he ignored me dislike to socialization with other people, also personal are different on animals.

How is odd? If so let them to play in isolated area or something to make happy on themself.

We got first dog in 1993 and it was from adoption, also their personal looks horrible and being mean to us then we had tolerate with them until several month later then my parent took it away to animal center.

I remembered I got a mixed puppy.... that puppy hated my son when he was only 2 1/2 yrs old.. he chased after puppy.. kept pulling his tail... als near his food.. one afternoon all of sudden that puppy bit on my son s tummy and hang on.... i had to release puppy s teeth off my son....I realized that my son is tooo young to take care of puppy.. he did not understand dog s sensitives to certain things

It's the parents responsibility to teach the kids how to behave around a pet, I don't understand why you let your son take care of the puppy? Nobody in their right mind would let a child be responsible for the puppy's needs. :ugh3:

I let my kids know what not to do to our dog, I'll say something, and I even showed my kids how pulling hair would hurt, same as how the dog would feel about his tail being pulled. They understand that dogs have feelings as much as people do. All you gonna do is teach them, don't let them find out on their own after being bitten by their own dog.

It's the parents responsibility to teach the kids how to behave around a pet, I don't understand why you let your son take care of the puppy? Nobody in their right mind would let a child be responsible for the puppy's needs. :ugh3:

I let my kids know what not to do to our dog, I'll say something, and I even showed my kids how pulling hair would hurt, same as how the dog would feel about his tail being pulled. They understand that dogs have feelings as much as people do. All you gonna do is teach them, don't let them find out on their own after being bitten by their own dog.

Does children can be part of owners, such as including in family.

That's so pain about pull the pet's tail, that's unacceptable to do that then kids need to be punished.

I had seen that some kids are abused their dogs and make blame on parent for hurt their dogs, how is pathetic and kids need learn how to respect on pets, also treat so well and show to parent about how is good caring of it.

In my opinion.. all small children should not have puppy or kitten.. until they learn how to take care of them properly.....

In my opinion, It may be that you're too lazy to teach them how to treat their animals the way they should be treated. I am not an expert on pets, but, I am a dog owner, all it takes to teach the kids is to respect the dogs, teach the kids that gentleness and kindness is the key! How hard is that?

if its was my dog who repeat bites.. I will put him lock in kennel!! :(

Does your home have fence?

It's cruel to put in kennel.

im not speaking for her..

but.. Our dog in past have bitten us and disobey, growled so many times
. My mom wasn't in mood to have him put to sleep. one of the dog obedience teacher told us 1 more try... make a small area (but enough room for him to run around) I cant remember how big it was but I believe it was either24 ft X 36 or 42ft anyway. He was put in that.. with dog house, we feed him water, and food. we put bucket down from the upstair into inside, so He can learn that we will not go inside until he listen to all of us.. 1 month later (( I think it was just remember i was teenager and the times flew by so fast I will ask my mom but it felt so long time).. so Anyhow.. mom bring him into basement with her daily after he was in 24/7 in kennel outside, then into my basement allday and night but with my mom allday.. at night leave him sleep in basement, once he got learn to "LISTEN ALL OF US" he obey.. no more biting, no more growl at us etc.. we trained him to know that HE IS NOT the leader of PACK... the owner is leader of the pack!

Wendy

Does your home have fence?

Yep I do have soon/this spring >1/2 Ac. Wood fencing and has 1 ac. Electric fence and 24 x 30 Chain link fence kennels!

Depend what you mean?

I do require have kennel and One of my 2 dogs is aggressive to another male dog or strange dog enter my property! He will definalty harmfully it! Because Prof. Training and I knew he just protect my land and his mate.

Here Story but They re use roam with me at outdoor most of time at my horse's but We re away or errands while Nice whether I prefer them in Huge 24 x 30 Chain link Fencing "kennel" with two doghouses. They re very happy and willingly enters and staying in kennel with open gate! Anyway

Reason I must have Kennel because One of aggressive male is hard of hearing or deaf! I got him thur deaf dog adopts 4 years ago.

2 years ago We move here my new home sit on 3 ac. Then I put rolling with leash from rope between two tree and another leash on wall for hold my dogs while I am unattention them so however.. One day, I saw across neighbor man chased his dog Aussie then over to my property. I say Sh*6. I knew and immedent looked for my male dog first because knew he hate another dogs! I kept cool and walked over then control him to place leash it on. I turn and chased to my female dog with Aussie freakly run circles, from front to back and round on My Yard with Neighbor .. All suddently I saw My male dog with broken leash then chased to them on very front Yard while we were in my way back yard! I felt run alike 12 miles! I knew that I couldn't stop him Because My male dog is hard of hearing/ sometime act deaf! Didn't hear me screaming command! So I kept run and saw my male dog did nasty shakes that poor aussie so hard! And his fangs grab and hold aussie dog's neck a while till he final heard of my loudly command and let it go! So We decide and bought huge kennel and safe for him and me with neighbors I also do not want town and other take my deaf dog away! :):):):)

Phillip said:
So I kept run and saw my male dog did nasty shakes that poor aussie so hard! And his fangs grab and hold aussie dog's neck a while till he final heard of my loudly command and let it go!

Phillips,

Your dog already mauled and attacked another dog? Was the other dog injured? By the way do you have any kids living with you at home with that dog?

Phillips,

Your dog already mauled and attacked another dog? Was the other dog injured? By the way do you have any kids living with you at home with that dog?

neighbor and I saw.. He said Sorry, His dog is so stupid and learn lesson that don't ever enter my property.. We laugh! His dog isn't serious hurtly Its his first time fight with dog! Because he was very upset and saw that Aussie dog crazy run into My horse start startle and gallops around then aussie run into my Guinness chickens fled into the tree then run around my home and cause my cats were panic and run into home. So My male dog manages broken leash and attack that Crazy and unlisten to his owner!!

REASON I prefer kennel than Leash ok :)

Last edited:
Back