JoshieTheMan

Reaction score
What if a person is deaf and can't talk properly. How can a person get a hold of ambulance to come down and get the person if the person is injured? I tried to last night, calling 911 on my cell phone because my mother wasn't responding, and acting like there was heart attack. I called 911 on my cell phone, personally and then they hung up because I know it said "call ended" on my cell phone, and then at top of my cell phone saying "emergency mode" so I left it open, waiting for them to track the cell phone to come down here but nope. They never did, so I am trying to think of a way how to get a hold of them for next time if anything happen to my mom.

cellphones can't be tracked cause they are impossible to do, go and fetch the nearby home phone line and dial 911, leave the handset aside, they will be automatically tracked.

Isn't there an emergency TTY number you could use?

I don't know about you Americans, but in Australia, the emergency number for TTY users is 106.

Isn't there an emergency TTY number you could use?

I don't know about you Americans, but in Australia, the emergency number for TTY users is 106.
I don't have TTY phone.

I always use cell phone, I am wondering if there's a way that I could just simply send text message to them.

I don't have TTY phone.

I always use cell phone, I am wondering if there's a way that I could just simply send text message to them.

It doesn't matter if it is a TTY phone as long the phone line is connected to a normal phone, you just dial 911 and put the headset aside, becuase the emergency department have your home address.

Hmm... I thought the emergency department could track down your mobile phone?

A friend of mine accidently dialled 000 on her mobile phone (whilst it was keyboard unlocked), and then the emergency department called back and told her to put her phone on lock next time! LOL.

This is not going to be a response to your main concern but I will share my experience with you.

Unfortunately the way they response might depend on where you live. If its a busy city, or not so good neighborhood or if they get lots of prank calls, they may be not checking every calls unless you explain them the situation.

In my experience , I was living in a small and neat neighborhood and I made a mistake of dialing 911 couple times unintentionally (It was on speed dial and I wasnt aware I dialed it until cops showed up. I was trying to program the phone, turns out that I was keep using the speed dial :) ) . Ten minutes later I finished so called programing , my house was surrounded by 3 police cars and 5 cops. Imagine me trying to figure out why I am surrounded by this police force in a sunny beautiful day. It turns out that they check every suspicious call and they thought something was wrong when they received calls from my house couple times with nobody talking to them.

Thats my only experience, so I cant tell you how it works in all places, but I suspect it depends on where you are and how well the local police department is working.

-

We don't have any home phone line. We just use mobile phone with data only.

I had understood that in emergency you could call 911 and they would track it.

If this is wrong, I must hope to be able to crawl to a neighbor if dying and ask them to get me an ambulance.

Actually. I remember if I recall correctly, Laketahoe mentioned that she doesn't have a phone account but has the phone line if you call 911, it still works.

I am telling you about my story. I watched a 911 Rescue on tv when I was 7 years old. 2 years later when I was 9. I did test and play with click 911 then hung up fast. The telecommunication called us back. Because of phone number in system. My mom got called from 911. She yelled at me for play with 911. I did call 911 many times for my emergency.

It's new law to call 911 for emergency. The satellite will show up where you do live in. They have map with address on track. It doesn't matter which is use phone or cellphone. Both are the same. If you're using a cellphone. The police department will find where you do live in. The 911 telecommunication will send the local police go to your area to find you.

If you can't speak on cellphone. Just dial 911 without speak.

I am telling you about my story. I watched a 911 Rescue on tv when I was 7 years old. 2 years later when I was 9. I did test and play with click 911 then hung up fast. The telecommunication called us back. Because of phone number in system. My mom got called from 911. She yelled at me for play with 911. I did call 911 many times for my emergency.

It's new law to call 911 for emergency. The satellite will show up where you do live in. They have map with address on track. It doesn't matter which is use phone or cellphone. Both are the same. If you're using a cellphone. The police department will find where you do live in. The 911 telecommunication will send the local police go to your area to find you.

If you can't speak on cellphone. Just dial 911 without speak.

That is what I thought. Happily now I won't need to worry.:)

That is what I thought. Happily now I won't need to worry.:)

That's good. I know a lot about 911 since I was 7 years old. It was my first time to watch 911 rescue on TV. My dad influenced me to watch it. I learned about dangerous stuff and how to save people and animal's life. That's great show!

The most kids are curious to play on 911 for test. That's shame of us. LoL If call 911 without emergency. It will be charge a fee. I learned my lesson.

I have heard as of late that, from a cell phone, you still have to tell 911 your location. I suppose it could also depend on your location - and how big of an area you live in. I understand how the satellite towers work as it pinpoints the tower the call originated from, but I do not believe it can track down the actual house the call was made from -- not in time. Unless advancements have been made that I am not aware of. So somebody correct me if I'm wrong because this would be useful information.

As far as a land line, you still do have to have at least basic phone service to be able to activate a 911 call without having to speak. (The rule is that you have to have a dial tone, so if you have NO service, you theoretically don't have a dial tone.) If you are concerned about your mom and upcoming potential problems, maybe you should consider having the very basic phone service put in temporarily (just to get a dial tone) which will cover 911 calls without having to speak.

Back