8.9 quake in Japan triggers massive tsunamis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read again. They have more than two nuclear plants and ONE is releasing to cool down hence the rising radiation level.

so where's radiation leak?

radiation leak = accident aka China Syndrome
vapor release = controlled manner

so where's radiation leak?

radiation leak = accident aka China Syndrome
vapor release = controlled manner

STFU, mmkay? I don't need you riding on my ass about this.

He's not riding your ass. Misinformation is the damage. We must handle misinformation carefully.

NOW you're being all sensitive about this? Wow, that's news.

I'm just delivering the news. Fine, they're "releasing" the vapors. Whatever you prefer. It's still a "leak" to me, a controlled one that is.

A lot of people are actually freaking out about this particular news because no one wants a nuclear meltdown.

I'm just delivering the news. Fine, they're "releasing" the vapors. Whatever you prefer. It's still a "leak" to me, a controlled one that is.

A lot of people are actually freaking out about this particular news because no one wants a nuclear meltdown.

you'd be fired right on the spot for reporting a poorly-worded statement - "Now there's a radioactive leak at their nuclear plant."

that's mass hysteria and panic right there.

I am not being sensitive.

A panic and "a lot of people freaking out" as you put it is because of misinformation.

You don't see Obama issuing a press release stating "This was an extremely difficult decision on Japan's part to release vapors" because its a normal procedure to do so.

The misinformation is the term "Radioactive leak" period. People see that and go haywire. Keep in mind, language nor nuclear engineering aren't many people's strongest suits.

you'd be fired right on the spot for reporting a poorly-worded statement - "Now there's a radioactive leak at their nuclear plant."

that's mass hysteria and panic right there.

Much more deadly than a phase of releasing vapors.

What's wrong with our media?

tumblr_lhw0t0WhyO1qg7sx4o1_500.jpg

I am watching the news as we speak - every channel is based on the quake but let alone one channel takling about Mel Gibson...what the....?

Tokyo Electric Power Co. is reporting that they have lost control of the pressure in their No. 1 & 2 nuclear reactors with temps rising.

Possible meltdown coming?

I wonder, are they prepared to do whatever they can if the meltdown occured?

Tokyo Electric Power Co. is reporting that they have lost control of the pressure in their No. 1 & 2 nuclear reactors with temps rising.

Possible meltdown coming?

source please?

Meh. Would you believe anything the nuclear power folk are saying at this point in time? We will just wait and see.

Meh. Would you believe anything the nuclear power folk are saying at this point in time? We will just wait and see.

it's the news who said it. not nuclear power folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back