$500,000 offered to buy AllDeaf.com

I am not sure either I should post public or not that´s why I rather to PM you, Alex... Please check my PM...

Alex, from one business man to another. In my beliefs, I do not like mergers or buyouts. But it is up to you, Alex. Sure a half million dollars sounds great deal but there are factors to considers. Like others in here have a good point and I knew that. Businesses today want to buy out someone else and change name and format or shut it all since they are your main competitors. My business will never be for sale and it will be passed down as promised.

There are factors to think about with half million dollars. Please consult with an accountant/CPA and lawyers with experise in mergers, buyouts, and taxes. Usually with that amount of money, they are ususally in half. You might walk home with just a quarter of a million dollars and rest to lawyers and taxes. If you invest in other things or donations, your taxes will be reduced.

Alex, look into your heart and know what is more important: money or the Deaf Community? If I were you, I would turn down their offer flatly. Alex, wake up and smell the coffee. Alldeaf.com may not be the same after the buyout.

If you want your business to be protected from them, it is called, "White Knight" in business term. That means another business buys a partnership or half of your business and you can scare off that relay service business. What does the relay service has to do with this forum??? That is another factor to think about, man. You should know it may confuse your members here as compared to their business since people will think that relay company that is offering you money for your business is just a relay service.

Hypothecially you sell your business to the relay service, deaf people will more likely just use the relay, not the forum. Like Google is just a search engine, or IBM a computer business. Or FALSO CREATIVITY is a design firm. Google may owns YouTube.com but we all do not think that way. If that relay service drops the domain name or change it to relay, then the deaf might get confused. alldeaf.com has been established as a deaf forum. That other service called Deafchat.com is for chat room and most of us know that for a fact. That is my point here. You have a reputation and a good one to provide us a forum to discuss any issues of the day.

There is another factor they may not said it in here. Deaf people might find out who is that service and may not like that service so they may not want to come back and establish another deaf forum or forums! That could reduce the number of members. It ususally happens in many businesses.

Please think it over or even pray if you have to. I do not know your religion but it doesnt hurt to try! Look over all factors. NOT about the money. OK?

Remember, from a deaf business man to another deaf business man.

Defmatrixense.....you mistunderstand. I was ask Pacman why he think sorenson. that how i am curoius ask him. that is all. LOL

LOL, I already answered ur post...
because Sorenson is strongly support on deaf culture since i711 is neutral...

Also, don't worry about Defmatrixense since he make all mistake on everything.

I do agree, need to check with lawyers or so before proceed further. That's sounds great offer, but in many ways may end up suffer if something goes wrong. So best to check it out before you make a important decision for your and ADer's protection.

I agree with Brian's point of view.. .But the idea of hearing taking over to attempt controling us deafies????????????

As far My main concern, if you're willing giving up and sell this domain alldeaf.com and to the company.. Whoever doesn't matter the name of company want buy this domain and will wipe off the forums anymore and themselves create another kind of adversing as much they want.. and also may will not live forum anymore.. Where Deaf Community needs to meet here like everyone who want to....

up to your choice Alex.. on your call decision.. whatever if you like to.. giving up this forum and sell to the company buying from you..

What do you expect this $500,000 money for yourself living ?
How's about rest of other mod who helped you through save your white ass?
Should being fair for them who worked hard and help your forum alive.

isn't my position anymore your decision position. Really not necessary asking everyone wants.. as long your condiser it!

Good Luck!

Totally agree about the other moderators who kept on tabs on this site for Alex... And yes that's true, Alex why need other's opinion when we don't have any control over it...

But they probably want the domain name, no one would pay that much for a forum with 100 people on it.

wait.. I am think... this thread is a joke....

I bet it's April Fool.

Dude, that kind of money doesn’t just fall into your lap every day. Assuming that this isn’t an early April Fool’s prank, you’d be insane not to sell. If they take the board and FUBAR it, we’ll just start another one. Grab the brass ring while you can—they may change their minds a month from now.

I know 500,000 is a lot of money, however, if you really enjoy being here and dealing with all your crazy people, I think you should stay because that's something you love to do. if money is more important, just follow your heart.. It won't be the same without you if you do sell this site *that is if you're no longer the Admin.*

just do what you feel is right

Alex, for what it's worth, don't let some of the posters sway you with emotion-ladened stuff like I've been seeing here. It's pretty much hogwash vs the opportunity here before you. Heck, I change my mind, go for 3/4 mil, lol....and do another start-up under a different name and we will be there as I kinda doubt a relay company would continue with this current format, anyway.

Simple solution for Deaf people

I see there are nearly 14,000 people here.

I suggest we can make a donation $20.00 each..

$20 x 14,000 = $280,000

If we give that to Alex.. I'm sure that Alex will rethink how important deaf community to offer $$ for this one.

I think that might will work. It doesn't have to be genius to figure out.

What do you think guys?

Deaf Cruise, there's pretty much just the same 100 people who come here and maybe half of them would give, so re-do the math based on 50 people. $1,000.?? Lol!!

Laying a guilt trip on Alex is a little juvenile, dontcha think?

Back