$500,000 offered to buy AllDeaf.com

I agree with Brian totally.

Yes I would advise you to check with professional Expert or lawyer for their advice on this.

If you agrees to take someone´s offer then remove my pictures here please...

Would you remain as forum site with different names if you agrees to sell your site to someone for $500,000?

You means delete the account?

Alex, I know you since 1990 and I think you shouldn't be selling it in another 2 to 4 years when the price is up but it takes risk. Think about it no one has compete against you and keep working on your site and getting better and better. One day someone will offer you better than that. but As I said, it's risk. Whatever you make a decision, I support you, buddy.

I would research it alittle bit more before you decided to sell it to the company who want to buy it from ya..... ask them ?? if they buy the site if they are going to charge the people who comes on the site, they are going to leave the site the same??? things like that... that's my option.....

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I dunno Alex. But remmy this which is more important deaf community or money??

I would take deaf community.

Quite an offer.... it is up to you, Alex. Will anything change if you sell? What would change?

Could you make another deaf community, transfer everything over there under a different domain name?

Wow congrats Alex ! Just follow your heart. If I were in your shoes to hiring an attorney to make the right decision.

offer 5oo,ooo dollars from relay company. I would said no thanks. it is not for sale. It is belong to deaf community they need help each together. I was start baffle from someone offer for on what purpose?.

I kind of suspected this was going to happen someday.

Like diehardbiker said, the company probably wants the domain name, not the bulletin-board. The AllDeaf domain name is a premiere name (think Google.com, Microsoft.com, Apple.com, USAToday.com, CNN.com, etc, etc of the deaf community).

Relay/video services for the deaf in the near future could become a thing in the past as technology for the deaf gets better everyday. If this should happen, it would be so sad to see AllDeaf going under.

Alex, I would advise you to seek professional advice from experts, attorneys and similar.

Whichever you decide what to do, we will be on your side, Alex.
Yeah, i agree with you, Brian and thats quite an offer, Alex! whoo hoo!
Id take it if it is ok with your lawyers and all!!
That is wonderful but if you really dont want to give it up, Dont!! but if
you could use the money, then go for it!! Good luck, Alex!!
If you do sell Alldeaf, you will still come in here, wont you? like be our
main moderator?? OH, PLEASE, BE OUR MAIN MODERATOR!!! :bowdown:
lol!

As far My main concern, if you're willing giving up and sell this domain alldeaf.com and to the company.. Whoever doesn't matter the name of company want buy this domain and will wipe off the forums anymore and themselves create another kind of adversing as much they want.. and also may will not live forum anymore.. Where Deaf Community needs to meet here like everyone who want to....

up to your choice Alex.. on your call decision.. whatever if you like to.. giving up this forum and sell to the company buying from you..

What do you expect this $500,000 money for yourself living ?
How's about rest of other mod who helped you through save your white ass?
Should being fair for them who worked hard and help your forum alive.

isn't my position anymore your decision position. Really not necessary asking everyone wants.. as long your condiser it!

Good Luck!

As long as its not Verizon, go for it. Think of all the Les Pauls you could buy!

I have a feeling its i711.

You means delete the account?

No, I mean the photos of myself and my family. I posted some pictures for ADers to view only, not outside. Maybe, some of my personal "rant" also removed, too.

Alex... I dunno if it is a good idea to do so... I dont think it would be wise to sell Alldeaf to this company ya speak of in private, becasue they might not care about us all and wipe everything out... best to say to the company no thanks and keep on working on this site till then... but if ya are in need of the money, go for it and I would prefer to have my account removed in case ya do sell to the company ok? thanks..

BUT we will suppory ya in whatever ya decide to do ok?? DO let us all know how it went...

You guys are so paranoid. Why in the world they would whip out of this forum if they pay $500,000 dollars. I think they want this forum so badly, so they can extend this to boost their company for better.

Back