5 Hour Energy Drink

I think so too. My husband had one of those once and he said he felt sick afterward.

If truth be told, I'm afraid to try them for the same reason.

I'll stick to milk, soda and Carnation protein drinks.

Only Energy Drink I have tried is "V" once, which is a New Zealand Energy drink. It had too much caffeine in it. Which it does made my stomach feel sick. As for other energy drinks, I haven't tried others.

So I'll stick to Coca Cola for a caffeine fix. :)

It has worked great on me! I have used it to give me alot of energy in order to spend some errands around my place, play darts in the tournament and do some physical works. I have never experienced any "crashes" from it. It is not a waste of money! They taste better than Red Bull. It is worthy money as I am very happy with it.

It is SUGAR-FREE.

I used it once. After I took it I started shaking, feeling uneasy, and like I was going to have a seizure.

I used it once. After I took it I started shaking, feeling uneasy, and like I was going to have a seizure.

yep. that's how my friend feels. she's extraordinary sensitive to caffeine. She said that just half can of Red Bull was enough to keep her jittery and awake. I think it takes 2 or 3 to do same. :dunno:

Only Energy Drink I have tried is "V" once, which is a New Zealand Energy drink. It had too much caffeine in it. Which it does made my stomach feel sick. As for other energy drinks, I haven't tried others.

So I'll stick to Coca Cola for a caffeine fix. :)

I have absolutely no idea how people get caffeine fix from soda... I tried it several times and it didn't work squat! :scratch:

yep. that's how my friend feels. she's extraordinary sensitive to caffeine. She said that just half can of Red Bull was enough to keep her jittery and awake. I think it takes 2 or 3 to do same. :dunno:

I'm not sensitive to caffeine.

I have absolutely no idea how people get caffeine fix from soda... I tried it several times and it didn't work squat! :scratch:

Same here....

Yeah, but your day is pretty much over by then. What you need energy for after that????????? To goto bed??????????

to tend to family, silly

Yeah, but your day is pretty much over by then. What you need energy for after that????????? To goto bed??????????

Nope, to go running for 2 miles with my coworkers after work...definitely need big time energy for that! :)

also, I have to pick up my 3 year old son, cook dinner, clean up, get everything ready for work and his school for hte next day, feed the dog and few other stuff...so if I am tired, it is hard to do all of that after work. My day doesnt end at 4PM..I wish it does.

If you want energy stop being lazy.

What about athletes? Are they lazy when they drink these energy beverages?

My point is - There's various types of people who drinks energy drinks and they're not lazy. They just need something to boost them up to get through the day.

I've tried the 5 Hour Energy drink only once cuz it piqued my curiosity. It seems to be working for me and I didn't crash from it. Although, I'm not going to continue to buy it cuz it's quite expensive.

What about athletes? Are they lazy when they drink these energy beverages

That was not my point! My point was is people who are lazy should not need such things if they were not lazy.

Last edited:
My point is - There's various types of people who drinks energy drinks and they're not lazy. They just need something to boost them up to get through the day.

Its kind of myth that these drinks give you energy. You'll only get energy from the b vitamins these drinks are loaded with if you have a b vitamin deficiency; B vitamin deficiencies are very, very rare for anyone who eats meat and/or dairy.

Nope, to go running for 2 miles with my coworkers after work...definitely need big time energy for that! :)

also, I have to pick up my 3 year old son, cook dinner, clean up, get everything ready for work and his school for hte next day, feed the dog and few other stuff...so if I am tired, it is hard to do all of that after work. My day doesnt end at 4PM..I wish it does.

Sounds like you have plenty of energy if you can do all that.

That was not my point! My point was is people who are lazy should not need such things if they were not lazy.

How can they be lazy when they are not lazy?

Its kind of myth that these drinks give you energy. You'll only get energy from the b vitamins these drinks are loaded with if you have a b vitamin deficiency; B vitamin deficiencies are very, very rare for anyone who eats meat and/or dairy.

I'm aware of the Vitamin B that supplies these energies. But, Do you care to debunk the myth?

I mean, Sure, There are some energy drinks out there that are competiting to say they are better than others. We all know how that works.

Here's an interesting article related to this issue -- B vitamins don't boost energy drinks' power - Los Angeles Times

Back