29 years old and hearing myself for the first time

To be alienated from the world because of the loss of hearing is heartbreaking. To have the chance to hear again with MORE clarity is a medical breakthrough and I will even use the word "miracle" hear. I am so happy for her and grateful for this new technology. I am shocked at the number of negative comments (skepticism okay, nasty comments not) regarding her success. This company is building dedicated centers to implant this device and I will have one in the next three years.

Don't turn the comments into something that they are not. Skepticism is not a form of negativity, it's doubting the truth. It has nothing to do with her success, it's more of curiosity regarding the type of her deafness and what level it is on.

Anyway, I don't feel alienated from the world. You obviously do due to the attitude you were raised with.

To be alienated from the world because of the loss of hearing is heartbreaking. To have the chance to hear again with MORE clarity is a medical breakthrough and I will even use the word "miracle" hear. I am so happy for her and grateful for this new technology. I am shocked at the number of negative comments (skepticism okay, nasty comments not) regarding her success. This company is building dedicated centers to implant this device and I will have one in the next three years.

I don't feel alienated as long as I am with people who know sign language. Many times the hearing people don't have us in mind when they design something like a building without fire alarm strobe lights. Or as you said in your one other post, the DVD movie.... they don't close-captioned so you are out of luck. Don't blame our deafness when the real problem is the hearing people.

She was not deaf . This is only marketting.

She hears better than me otherwise she won't qualify for Esteem.

She's deaf...turn off the hearing implant she can't hear at all. The same thing for cochlear implant wearers.

I made this account just to reply to you folks. There is a lot more to this story than this ~1 minute video you have seen. She truly was deaf, no hearing in the slightest, and this implant was in 1 ear.. the second operation which was $30,000 was donated in Oct. There is no marketing and no hoax here; I know I can't make you believe that if you choose not to. I know first hand it's true. This is a beautiful, inspirational, and wonderful blessing for her and really everyone, it makes me feel so happy to know we're this close to helping everyone in this situation. I hope with all my heart that soon everyone reading this can hear (including myself), and I know we won't stop trying to make that happen. Stop questioning the authenticity, it's real... I don't know what else to say except, I hope for happiness & love for all of you.

I hope with all my heart you will :) I agree & god bless you

Back