2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Next update....

Eastern Conference

Washington has booted NY Rangers with a 4 games to 1 series win.. onto the 2nd round...

Boston leads Montreal 3 games to 2.. will Bos end the series tomorrow or will Montreal win to force Game 7?? Will see...

Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay tied 3 games each... oh man I thought for sure Pitt would end it but wow TB came back to win ... now gonna be interesting to see how it pans out!

Philadelphia and Buffalo tied 3 games each.. sheeshh that series sure is something but some rumblings of some things...

Western Conference

Vancouver and Chicago are tied 3 games apart.. I was so sure Van would have beaten Chicago up in 5 games but wow I'm speechless now.. Vancouver really need to wake up fast or Chicago will do it again tomorrow night.. I hope it works out for Vancouver or I gonna be pissed as hell...

Detroit sweeps Phoenix in 4 straight games... dang now we gotta wait to see if the NHL will announce the Coyotes to move or not.. oh well...

San Jose has beaten Los Angeles 4 games to 2 tonite and will advance to the 2nd round.. hats off to the Kings for a good matchup vs the Sharks..

Nashville has advanced to the 2nd round for the first time ever in franchise history with a 4 games to 2 victory over Anaheim.. can the Preds do it again or will they run into a stronger team??

Will update after the 4 remaining series are finally done and will post second round matchups and history later...

Wirelessly posted

Detriot Red Wings will beat SJ Sharks :P

OK gophers.. next update... sorry for the delay in this as I had work and others to deal with first..

Eastern Conference first round:

Washington defeated NY Rangers 4 games to 1
Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 4 games to 3
Boston defeated Montreal 4 game to 3
Tampa Bay defeated Pittsburgh 4 games to 3

Western Conference first round:
Vancouver defeated Chicago 4 games to 3
San Jose defeated Los Angeles 4 games to 2
Detroit swept Phoenix 4 games to 0
Nashville defeated Anaheim 4 games to 2

Now here the next round for the Eastern Conference and Western Conference:

EC Semifinals:
Washington vs Tampa Bay
2004 TB 4 @ Wsh 2 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Do Washington has in it to be ready to beat Tampa Bay and advance to the EC Finals? Or Will TB continue to surprise with a win?

Philadelphia vs Boston
1974 Phil 4 @ Bos 2 Stanley Cup Final
1976 Phil 4 @ Bos 1 Stanley Cup Semifinals
1977 Bos 4 @ Phil 0 Stanley Cup Semifinals
1978 Bos 4 @ Phil 1 Stanley Cup Semifinals
2010 Phil 4 @ Bos 3 Eastern Conference Semifinals

Will Boston get even for last year's playoff choke when the lead was 3 games to 0 only to have Philly roar back to win 4 games in a row to complete the biggest upset, or will Philly continue to master it all and win vs Boston?

WC Semifinals:
Vancouver vs Nashville
First ever playoff meeting for both teams.. Vancouver might have a easier time with Nashville but I am not sure it will be 4 straight, might be 6 or 7 games.. will Nashville try to make their magicial run continue onto the Western Conference Final for the first time or will Vancouver gun it for there?

San Jose vs Detroit
1994 SJ 4 @ Det 3 Western Conference Quarterfinals
1995 Det 4 @ SJ 0 Western Conference Semifinals
2007 Det 4 @ SJ 2 Western Conference Semifinals
2010 SJ 4 @ Det 1 Western Conference Semifinals

I would think SJ and Det might battle it out to 6 or 7 games.. with the Sharks to beat the pukewings (thats right I call Detroit that as I aint a fan of the Red Wings at all!!!)

Now... Vancouver win game 1 to lead the series vs Nashville, TB and Wsh start their series tonite... Det and SJ will start tonite as well.. Philly and Bos will start tomorrow afternoon...

So there ya have it, the updates...

Playoff update...

Eastern Conference

Tampa Bay has swept out Washington in 4 straight.. same for Boston with a 4 game sweep vs Philadelphia (except that was revenge for last year's monsterous collaspe when Philly came back from 3 games down to win the series!!)... now Tampa Bay and Boston will meet for the first time ever, this time for the Eastern Conference crown

Western Conference

Vancouver can end the series vs Nashville tonite if they can win and hold on like hell.. and tomorrow SJ has to end the series vs Detroit.. if both Van and SJ win their series, they will meet for the first time in the playoffs.. this time for the Western Conference crown.. should be fun to see the series!

OK gophers... here the next playoff update...

Eastern Conference
Tampa Bay sweep Washington 4 games to 0
Boston sweep Philadelphia 4 games to 0

Western Conference
Vancouver defeated Nashville 4 games to 2
San Jose beat Detroit 4 games to 3 (amazing series!!)

Now here is the history and etc..

Eastern Conference Final (for the Prince of Wales Trophy)
#5 Tampa Bay Lightning @ #3 Boston Bruins

Tampa Bay has been to the Eastern Conference Final once, winning in 2004 enroute to a Stanley Cup title win... Boston has last been in the EC Final (back then known as the Wales Conference Final) in 1988 and 1990 (both won enroute to Stanley Cup Final appearances and losing both time to Edmonton Oilers).. so I think it will be something fun to see and Boston & Tampa Bay will meet for the first time ever in the playoffs...

Western Conference Final (for the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl)
#2 San Jose Sharks @ #1 Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver has been to the Stanley Cup Finals twice, 1982 losing to NY Islanders in 4 straight, and 1994 to NY Rangers in the most thrilling series ever losing to the Rangers in 7 games... Vancouver has won the Campbell Bowl in 1982 and 1994... has not gone to the Western Conference Final since 1994.. San Jose is returning to the WCF as they were there last year, losing to Chicago in 4 straight... Vancouver and San Jose will meet for the first time ever in the playoffs and it will be wild to see what happens!!!

Playoff update...

Eastern Conference
Tampa Bay and Boston are tied 1 game apart.. will Boston keep going or will TB go back to the winning ways?? But I think Game 2 was the wildest one I ever saw..wow.. might be another shootout for sure..

Western Conference
Vancouver leads San Jose 2 games to 0.. ohh mannn the Canucks are firing on alll cylinders but wow damn... looks like the Sharks need to do something with that idiot Ben Eager who seems to shoot himself and the team in the foot with dumb penalties in Game 2 last night.. yikes.... will Canucks do the sweep or will SJ win a game somehow?

Ok gophers.. next playoff update...

Eastern Conference Final

Boston leads Tampa Bay 3 games to 2.. can Boston seal the deal tonite or will TB force a Game 7 win it all on Friday??? Should be interesting...

Western Conference Final

Vancouver has ended San Jose's season with a 4 games to 1 series victory and are the 2011 Western Conference champions, getting the Clarence S. Campbell bowl and will now await the winner of the Bos-TB series... the Canucks are back in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 17 years!!! Last time was in 1994 (lost to NY Rangers 4 games to 3, such a thrilling series back then)

I think the Stanley Cup Finals will start next week unless otherwise.. will post for sure...

Another playoff update

Eastern Conference

Boston Bruins are the 2011 Eastern Conference champions, having defeated Tampa Bay Lightning 4 games to 3 last night and will advance to the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals...

Western Conference

Vancouver Canucks are the 2011 Western Conference champions, beating San Jose Sharks 4 games to 1 to end the series and move on forward....

2011 Stanley Cup Final
Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks.... this will be the first ever playoff meeting for both the Bruins and Canucks but we will see one common factor... Cam Neely! He started out as a Canuck then was later a Bruin... so that ought to be interesting.. Boston does have 5 Stanley Cup titles to Vancouver's 0 titles...

Stanley Cup Finals History: bolded line for Stanley Cup win

Vancouver Canucks

1982 lost to New York Islanders 4 games to 0
1994 lost to New York Rangers 4 games to 3
2011 vs Boston Bruins (results to be determined)

Boston Bruins

1927 lost to Ottawa Senators 2 games to 0 with 2 ties
1929 won vs New York Rangers 2 games to 0
1930 lost to Montreal Canadiens 2 games to 0
1939 won vs Toronto Maple Leafs 4 games to 1
1941 won vs Detroit Red Wings 4 games to 0
1943 lost to Detroit Red Wings 4 games to 0
1946 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 1
1953 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 1
1957 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 1
1958 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 2
1970 won vs St. Louis Blues 4 games to 0
1972 won vs New York Rangers 4 games to 2
1974 lost to Philadelphia Flyers 4 games to 2
1977 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 0
1978 lost to Montreal Canadiens 4 games to 2
1988 lost to Edmonton Oilers 4 games to 0 (with 1 tie due to Game 4 power outage at old Boston Garden and Game 4 was replayed in Edmonton 2 days later)
1990 lost to Edmonton Oilers 4 games to 1
2011 vs Vancouver Canucks (results to be determined)

So there ya go... I think Vancouver is due for a big win for sure but Boston might have something to say about that.. should be one good series to watch!!!! BTW GOOOOOOO CANUCKS GOOOOOOOO!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

I wait for see go GO CANUCKS GO!! now woot

Hope be good!

You need a Stanley Cup thread:P

Other news...

We might see or hear some announcement shortly maybe tomorrow (or by thursday) of the nhl to announce the relocation of the atlanta thrashers to winnipeg, manitoba for the 2011-12 nhl season.. I am happy to know this but want to see 100% proof of this as I have seen the saga unfolding over the last 3 years or so and am getting tired of the flying crap with the rumors and carrots dangled all over so much for winnipeg to get back a nhl team... hopefully this will end the saga for good tomorrow or i gonna be leery of anything regarding any team relocating at all till then... now as for the team name, possibly the winnipeg jets name will come back but te ahl manitoba moose name and logo could be moved over for sure.. another name making the round is winnipeg falcons in honor of the 1920 olympic hockey champions the winnipeg falcons... would be cool but i think either jets or moose (the moose would be perfect for sure) would be the choices...

Will post any updates for this relocation issue tomorrow or wait till thursday for sure...

Let's go Boston Bruins!!! I am wonder how many people here who want Bruins or Vancouver canucks win stanley cup??

Wirelessly posted

Deafghostfreak said:
Let's go Boston Bruins!!! I am wonder how many people here who want Bruins or Vancouver canucks win stanley cup??

I know my team should be Vancouver bec I live on the west coast. I am rooting for Boston Bruins bec good things come from Boston (hence NE Patriots)

Folks.. there will be a 11 am CST announcement on all channels up here in Canada that Winnipeg will be back in the NHL via the relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers... the news are spending on Twitter, NHL Network, CTV, Global, CBC Sportsnet and more.. they all will broadcast the announcement at 11 am CST (12 pm EST).. will post more later after the announcement.. I can say it will be hard to believe we will get our NHL team back in this city of Winnipeg after 15 long years away.. I even have my old Jets jersey but might buy a new jersey when I do know for sure the team name will be announced (possibly at the announcement for sure)... gonna be something strange for me this coming fall for the 2011-12 NHL season... why?? I will be penciling in the Winnipeg Jets (or other name) in my NHL recordbook for the first time since April 1996... that will be classic to see the first NHL game back in Winnipeg if I can land a ticket for sure...

Back