2011 AllDeaf National Meet II - NYC

Are you coming or what???

• Total voters
fake? and it makes no sense to me cuz why would the entire event would be cancelled cuz of one sick host? they can just get somebody else to take over. :dunno:

I'll wait for official news

Agree with him. I m disgusting about it.

No, it is true. I got an email from my manager this morning.

"Al Lepre had a stroke last Friday. He was driving at the time had the stroke then got in a car accident. He is in ICU somewhere in NY hospital. So with that siad the South Street Seaport Event on August 21st is cancelled." He is in the early 70's.

"Al Lepre had a stroke last Friday. He was driving at the time had the stroke then got in a car accident. He is in ICU somewhere in NY hospital. So with that siad the South Street Seaport Event on August 21st is cancelled." He is in the early 70's.

=\

they should just get somebody else to take over though...

=\

they should just get somebody else to take over though...

Sighs, I know. Al is only one who hosting the NYC Seaport every year.

Al is also diabetic. He told me about two years ago.

:| I m thinking that might not go to AllDeaf party.

My prayers are with Mr. Al Lepre. It's not his first stroke as I understand (he told me this). I'm still trying to find out which hospital he's staying at. I'm going to call the "real" person behind the deaf event tomorrow morning and find out if it's true the South Street Seaport event was cancelled.

It's funny how the post regarding the event cancellation didn't have a contact info. I mean, any one can create a post and say whatever they want on there, then the rumors spread and I think that's what is happening right now. If Al Lepre himself, or anyone behind the event, wanted to announce that they're canceling South Street Seaport or any of his events, I would've known this first because I maintain all of Mr. Al Lepre's event websites.

Will try and give you guys an update tomorrow. In the meantime, please pray for Mr. Al Lepre. He's a nice fella who has done a lot for the deaf community in NYC and surrounding cities. :(

Just got off the phone with one of Al Lepre's partners, and he confirmed that the South Street Seaport event is canceled. There's more to it but I was told not to say anything further.

The new guy who will take over American Deaf Exposition is "Ray." He will make an official announcement about Mr. Al Lepre and the future of American Deaf Exposition soon.

Even though Mr. Al Lepre is alive, he is in critical condition and not doing well. I will pay him a visit sometime soon.

Next AllDeaf meet is in SAN FRANCISCO. Californians don't know how to cancel the main deaf event. :lol:

damn.... :(

looks like I'll have a chit-chat with Alex about AD Party. stay tuned!

I think i may not make it to come.... try for september.. august month is a crazy one. My son has been attedning to the football practice for 5 days a week for august month. Then sept it will go down to 3 times a week.

september i do not mind going there. mmmm

UPDATE - Alex and I have discussed that it's best that we postpone AD Party II. Sorry for disappointment! :(

UPDATE - Alex and I have discussed that it's best that we postpone AD Party II. Sorry for disappointment! :(

Yes it is. We can try for Sept, november, oct and dec. be sure not to be around the holiday since most of us have to attend to be with families. just the lousy date that we all can get together.

Back