2011 AllDeaf National Meet II - NYC

Are you coming or what???

• Total voters
That is a nice jivey place!, seems maybe a tad a busy buzzing place to be, unfortunately i cant go, would love to though. Have a freind who lives in DC. It would be wicked to go.

That is a nice jivey place!, seems maybe a tad a busy buzzing place to be, unfortunately i cant go, would love to though. Have a freind who lives in DC. It would be wicked to go.

If you are interested in going to USA, then do your best to save some $$ for 2012???? :eek3: Of course if you have close friend who lives in USA then let us know which state is it..

NYC is a nice place but very annoying. Sorry Jiro! I grew up in LI and always went to NYC. But living in nyc is more convenient than visiting. :D

Ooo, I spy with my little eye a hot guy :giggle:. I remember reading somewhere that the September event was going to have about fifteen thousand people?

If that picture is from last year, that is still a good turn out. I can imagine.

the pix was from last month.

I just realized I booked my return from alabama on the 20th but I'll see if I can change my return flight so I would land in nyc for the meet.

AMERICAN DEAF EXPOSITION Host by AL LEPRE, Director Present
FIRST TIME TO HOST NEW YORK CITY
DEAF EXPOSITION STREET FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
on Broadway - 14 Street - Manhattan
Free Parking on any streets - 11:00 am - 4 pm
FREE ADMISSION - Rain or Shine
All exhibits booth will be set up on 10 x 10 space and
finally join the New York City Famous Traditional
Street Festival whom will be adjoined with
many hearing food vendors and we are expecting
to attract 5,000 deafies and their 8,000 hearing
spectators walking down on wide Broadway street.
New York Deaf Exposition, Deaf Events and Vendors, Sign Language Community

Do you think that this event is better than event on August 21?

WTF?? It can't be. It must be mistaken. DEAF EXPO on September 24th will be taken place at Queens College in Flushing, Queens, NYC

http://deafnation.com/dnexpo/events/new-york-ny/

Attn!!!

Deaf Fest at South Seaport, NYC on August 21st, 2011 is CANCELLED!!!! I just found out from my friend's annoucement on Facebook due to that the host Al Lepre is hospitalized as of right now. :(

I was just told it was canceled about twenty minutes ago via FB. Didn't know why. That's crazy. I hope that person get's better.

Deaf Fest at South Seaport, NYC on August 21st, 2011 is CANCELLED!!!! I just found out from my friend's annoucement on Facebook due to that the host Al Lepre is hospitalized as of right now. :(

fake? and it makes no sense to me cuz why would the entire event would be cancelled cuz of one sick host? they can just get somebody else to take over. :dunno:

I'll wait for official news

I agree. I don't know why but that was what my friend said since she is very good friend of Al Lepre and I am not sure if that does mean that he had notified my friend this morning about the cancellation. Should Al Lepre have the spokesperson to take care of such certain annoucement.

Well a fb friend of mine was emailed from DeafNYC saying it was canceled. Can someone find out and keep us posted.

Back