2008 U.S. Presidential Elections ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Reaction score
I suddenly realized we will have to vote for a brand new U.S. President come November 2007 of this year then the Presidental Official Oath Ceremony will happen in January 2008 I think or Feburary 2008 ?

I can't believe time has gone by so fast !!!!!

Heath said:
I suddenly realized we will have to vote for a brand new U.S. President come November 2007 of this year then the Presidental Official Oath Ceremony will happen in January 2008 I think or Feburary 2008 ?

I can't believe time has gone by so fast !!!!!

rofl.gif

It's election day on Nov. 2008

I'm gonna vote Hillary or whatever.

Bush was just re-elected in 2004. We will be voting in 2008, not 2007. The Next President, whoever it is, will be taking office in 2009.

It seems like it's been a long time, but you have to remember, Bush was just re-elected a year and a half ago.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I can't wait til we have a more competent president.

I concur. The same thing goes for the state of Minnesota, as we vote for governor this fall. The idiot Republican that's in now has only succeeded in getting a new stadium for the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities and a new Twins (aka Twinkies) stadium. He will be known as the "stadium governor." Piece of trash is this idiot.

"Stewie said... Bush is damn mofo"

pek1 said:
I concur. The same thing goes for the state of Minnesota, as we vote for governor this fall. The idiot Republican that's in now has only succeeded in getting a new stadium for the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities and a new Twins (aka Twinkies) stadium. He will be known as the "stadium governor." Piece of trash is this idiot.

Ah, yes, Pawlenty. He sucks ass. I voted for Wellstone, not Pawlenty. It's a pity he was killed in the plane crash, just a few days before the elections. :(

And, yeah, I heard about the stupid new stadium...I was like "no way in hell am I paying for those stupid stadiums when the money could be better used somewhere else." Minnesota does NOT need a new stadium, their old one is fine. They just wanna look good...glad I moved.

I hope y'all in Minnesota gets a better governor this fall! :)

LuciaDisturbed said:
Ah, yes, Pawlenty. He sucks ass. I voted for Wellstone, not Pawlenty. It's a pity he was killed in the plane crash, just a few days before the elections. :(

And, yeah, I heard about the stupid new stadium...I was like "no way in hell am I paying for those stupid stadiums when the money could be better used somewhere else." Minnesota does NOT need a new stadium, their old one is fine. They just wanna look good...glad I moved.

I hope y'all in Minnesota gets a better governor this fall! :)

I'm old enough to remember that when the HHH was built, the builders offered to make the roof retractable. Everyone said "NO!" Waaahhhhh!!! Just like little babies. "They have a domed stadium, why can't we??? Waaahhhh!!" Another thing, why in downtown Mpls?

About Wellstone, I worked in his Crow Wing County office (Brainerd, MN) in 1990. Coleman was voted in to replace him and it was a sham election, pinch hitting 'Fritz' Mondale, what a slap in the face to him. I will vote Coleman out, too. I believe Wellstons's death was not an accident or pilot error . . . those pilots were very, very experienced and I don't buy the argument. He was hit off.

pek1 said:
I'm old enough to remember that when the HHH was built, the builders offered to make the roof retractable. Everyone said "NO!" Waaahhhhh!!! Just like little babies. "They have a domed stadium, why can't we??? Waaahhhh!!" Another thing, why in downtown Mpls?

About Wellstone, I worked in his Crow Wing County office (Brainerd, MN) in 1990. Coleman was voted in to replace him and it was a sham election, pinch hitting 'Fritz' Mondale, what a slap in the face to him. I will vote Coleman out, too. I believe Wellstons's death was not an accident or pilot error . . . those pilots were very, very experienced and I don't buy the argument. He was hit off.

Downtown MPLS....that's nuts. The traffic there is hell, and it's so fucking easy to get lost in MPLS....!

Yes, I agree with you about Wellstone's death. I believe that the plane was sabotaged. A lot of peeps at my college thought the same thing as well. I mean, come on, just a few days before elections? Accident, my ass!

I remember that news happening at the time of the Governor's airplane crash. Obivously something was wrong especially the timing and everything surrounding the events that led up to his airplane crash was just too suspicious for me to believe. My first thought when I saw the t.v. news and the footage of the plane crash and the police, NTSB, FAA sifting through the crash site. I thought.....

" That has gotta be an inside job, that so close to the elections "

You go, girl, go Hillary! :)

Ok, I'd better run away before the Republicans here, the very few of you, stone me! ;)

Heath said:
I remember that news happening at the time of the Governor's airplane crash. Obivously something was wrong especially the timing and everything surrounding the events that led up to his airplane crash was just too suspicious for me to believe. My first thought when I saw the t.v. news and the footage of the plane crash and the police, NTSB, FAA sifting through the crash site. I thought.....

" That has gotta be an inside job, that so close to the elections "

Heath,

I need to clarify something: Wellstone was "Senator Paul Wellstone." He wasn't the governor and was running for re-election. Sorry LuciaDisturbed & I didn't clarify this; Tim Pawlenty is the governor of Minnesota.

He also was called Gov. Shutdown. I do have a button saying that with his face- I bought it from a booth that I worked at the State Fair.

As at the political level- we disagree on everything, and I was not happy with what he did for the State last year.

At the personal level, we tend to avoid political debates because I am friends with him and some of his family members- I also avoid political debates with them as well. When I was in HS, his neiece, who also was my classmate (we graduated together) encouraged me to vote for Tim, but I told her I would like to make my own decesion, and she respected that. We talked was all about hockey and normal high school stuff. Pawlenty family members are nice people- they know I am a Democrat but they respect me. Pawlenty also have a deaf family member- also a friend of mine.

As people saying negative thing about Pawlenty, I just say things in civil and mature manner like "I agree, and I am not happy with what he have been doing"... people would say oh he is so stupid, blah blah, immature comments about Pawlenty. It goes same as for my friend, US Senator Norm Coleman (I have known him since he was Mayor).

pek1 said:

I DO AGREE WITH YA!!!!! I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004... I will ALWAYS ALWAYS vote for democrat for prez!!!!

LuciaDisturbed said:
I can't wait til we have a more comptent president.

dubyaidiot.gif
1862BushSeed.jpg

I think it's a mistake to ALWAYS vote along party lines.

racheleggert said:
I DO AGREE WITH YA!!!!! I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004... I will ALWAYS ALWAYS vote for democrat for prez!!!!

Yeah, I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004. I stayed up real late after I voted for Kerry to see who won but they were still counting votes and it was too close to call yet so I fell asleep on the couch, and in the morning I woke up to the TV screaming headlines "KERRY CONCEDES" and I was like DAMMIT!!! I was pretty pissed! :madfawk: I wanted to shoot the TV right there and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back