2007 Winter Deaf Olympics

Today I met some of athetles, coaches, VIP and Media from different countries. Now I am pretty worn out from registration and had to carry those boxes (backpacks, calendars and program books) I shouldn't have carry those since I am pregnant. My sweet hubby had to carry them for me. ANyway... what i am saying is, I enjoyed meeting these people today and had to learn some of their sign language for thank you. I just love it. I can't wait to see more tmw! WIsh me luck.

:fingersx:

Wow, how lucky and fortunate for that experience. I love to see different countries sign language. Which ones did you learn some?

Hey!! i will let me know about Ice Hockey
who wins! Germany - Canada?? .....
and USA - Russia??

Canada really whupped germany's butts 17-0
USA vs Russia .. Russia won.... 9-6 can't remmy you can check on their website to check out the scores.

Yeah Deafnations is the best. It has been tremendous 2 weeks at the deaflympics. Tomorrow is the last day. I was unforunated that I was one of those people who got sick with a flu. Over 40 volunteers were sick by flu. My husband just got them today. He is miserable and is bummed that he had to miss hockey game. I was also bummed too and I missed 3 days of the olympics. I missed out the great game last Tuesday night and I didn't even get to shop olympics stuff much. I was in bed and hacking. Well thats not important. The things is... many of athletes, fans, volunteers and others were infected by flu. That was bad timing and I hope everyone enjoyed the great events as I did.

I am going to miss these people since tomorrow is the last day!!!

LET'S HOPE USA HOCKEY IS GONNA WIN FOR GOLD!!!!! HOORAH!!!! :fingersx:

Yeah Deafnations is the best. It has been tremendous 2 weeks at the deaflympics. Tomorrow is the last day. I was unforunated that I was one of those people who got sick with a flu. Over 40 volunteers were sick by flu. My husband just got them today. He is miserable and is bummed that he had to miss hockey game. I was also bummed too and I missed 3 days of the olympics. I missed out the great game last Tuesday night and I didn't even get to shop olympics stuff much. I was in bed and hacking. Well thats not important. The things is... many of athletes, fans, volunteers and others were infected by flu. That was bad timing and I hope everyone enjoyed the great events as I did.

I am going to miss these people since tomorrow is the last day!!!

When is the Gold game?? is it USA and CANaDA?? or they go by the points how games they won?? I couldn't find any info on Deafnation ...

USA won the gold, then USA kicked the German team's butt. Then Finland and Canada had to battle for the Silver, which Canada won. And Russia is in the third place. It was interesting to make friends with some of the German hockey team, and I will see them again when they come back next week. Interesting experience.

It was not too hard to do the international sign, but the German Sign Language was a lot harder to communicate. Once they knew that I studied in Germany, they just started signing in German SL instead of international and it was a struggle at first.

I look forward to Taipei 2009!

I want to congratulate to all the atheletes who played there. They are the top of the global deaf society. Lets hope that all the players and their fans were responsible outside the games and do not bring home to their countries unwanted pregnancies.

Richard

Back