1 day in jail for next 10 years... for death of boy

GalaxyAngel said:
Too light sentence...

ain't good enough...

Boy isn't deserved being early die. Does Parent accept it ?
No

I'm hip.

Personally, I believe that drunk/stoned driving fatalities should be CAPITAL offenses. Start sending these folks to death row and see if folks think twice about driving drunk/stoned. That kid got the death penalty for her neglegence. Let her share his fate.

Drunk/stoned driving deaths are NOT accidents. She deserves no less penalty than the loss received by her victim.

She got off light. Ten years in prison and one day on the anniversary and that kid's birthday for the rest of her life would be a good start.

No parent should ever be forced to outlive their child.

brianb

That'll let her feel .00001% of what those parents have lost.

If I am reading this story right, the woman gets only a total of 10 days in jail? TEN DAYS for killing a child? Disgusting. People get sentenced to more days than that for killing a dog or stealing an eagle's egg. I think a child's life should be more valuable. :(

Reba said:
If I am reading this story right, the woman gets only a total of 10 days in jail? TEN DAYS for killing a child? Disgusting. People get sentenced to more days than that for killing a dog or stealing an eagle's egg. I think a child's life should be more valuable. :(

Reba, Unfortunately, you are reading it correct. That sentence is just stupid. I don't even know what message that even starts to send...get high, go kill a kid, and lose 1 day a year for the next ten years. Ridiculous!!!

I can name a thousand things that are a lesser offense and get you more jail time.

Reba said:

Tell me about it, That's why I don't agree with the sentence, but the family of the boy that got killed does. Strange :crazy:

I dont see any problem with a judge sentencing a driver for a day each year in ten years. It would easily to remind her that she already accidently killed a child's life. It is better than never reminding in ten years later. Who knows if the judge makes the right decision since he/she has judical experience in long-period experience....

Back