Your favorite movie scene?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two fond memories of favorite movie scenes, both from Smoky and the Bandit. The first is when that motorcycle cop zips across the highway and lands in a pond. The second is when Smoky tells the Texas Sheriff to take a look over his shoulder, and when he sees him, Smoky takes off. Love that scene.

What's your favorite scenes from certain movies, if any?

2501eec1c6ed8c75f42b3695d3a5806f504c19df3bbaea06fe22a0ce34817e6d.jpg

contract scene groucho marx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8AgUXPpLM

Driftwood (struggling to read the fine print): I can read but I can't see it. I don't seem to have it in focus here. If my arms were a little longer, I could read it. You haven't got a baboon in your pocket, have ya? Here, here, here we are. Now I've got it. Now pay particular attention to this first clause because it's most important. It says the, uh, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part." How do you like that? That's pretty neat, eh?
Fiorello: No, it's no good.
Driftwood: What's the matter with it?
Fiorello: I don't know. Let's hear it again.
Driftwood: It says the, uh, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part."
Fiorello: (pausing) That sounds a little better this time.
Driftwood: Well, it grows on ya. Would you like to hear it once more?
Fiorello: Uh, just the first part.
Driftwood: What do you mean? The party of the first part?
Fiorello: No, the first part of the party of the first part.
Driftwood: All right. It says the, uh, "The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract" - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this? We'll take it right out, eh?
Fiorello: Yeah, it's a too long, anyhow. (They both tear off the tops of their contracts.) Now, what do we got left?
Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!
Fiorello: Hey, look, why can'ta the first part of the second party be the second part of the first party? Then a you gotta something.
Driftwood: Well, look, uh, rather than go through all that again, what do you say?
Fiorello: Fine. (They rip out a portion of the contract.)
Driftwood: Now, uh, now I've got something you're bound to like. You'll be crazy about it.
Fiorello: No, I don't like it.
Driftwood: You don't like what?
Fiorello: Whatever it is. I don't like it.
Driftwood: Well, don't let's break up an old friendship over a thing like that. Ready?...
Fiorello: OK! (Another part is torn off.) Now the next part, I don't think you're gonna like.
Driftwood: Well, your word's good enough for me. (They rip out another part.) Now then, is my word good enough for you?
Fiorello: I should say not.
Driftwood: Well, that takes out two more clauses. (They rip out two more parts.) Now, "The party of the eighth part..."
Fiorello: No, that'sa no good. (more ripping.) No.
Driftwood: "The party of the ninth part..."
Fiorello: No, that'sa no good, too. (they rip the contracts again until there's practically nothing left.) Hey, how is it my contract is skinnier than yours?
Driftwood: Well, I don't know. You must've been out on a tear last night. But anyhow we're all set now, aren't we?
Fiorello: Oh sure.
Driftwood (offering his pen to sign the contract): Now just, uh, just you put your name right down there and then the deal is, uh, legal.
Fiorello: I forgot to tell you. I can't write.
Driftwood: Well, that's all right, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract, isn't it?
Driftwood: We got a contract...
Fiorello: You bet.
Driftwood: No matter how small it is...
Fiorello: Hey, wait, wait. What does this say here? This thing here.
Driftwood: Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause. That's in every contract. That just says uh, it says uh, "If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know...
Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!
Driftwood: Well, you win the white carnation.
Fiorello: I give this to Riccardo.

(every time I see this scene, I always surprised the ability of Groucho to talk fast during the dialogue....)

what about this one.....

she said to everyone not to panic, its only a chocolate bar.....
LOL!!

EVERY ONE WAS watching her at the swimming pool
UNFORGETTABLE

Oh, yes. I forgot about this one. The scene from Rookie of the Year, when that boy throws a homerun ball from the stands to home plate, and nearly throws out the runner, and he has to get out of there, cause the owner wants a word with him. And the other one is the final scene, after he loses his hard throwing power, ad tosses the final out underhand in the World Series. The batter swings and misses, and bawls.

Last edited:
I love funny biker scenes, those that come to mind is the fake oral scene on the highway in The Sweetest Thing and the Tequila dance scene in Peewee's Big Adventure, and others I can't think of...

I just remembered one from Ghost Rider 1. He breaks out of jail, and tries to escape, and this cop hits him, and breaks his jaw, and his eyes go :shock:, and I thought he was done. Instead the Rider just fixes his jaw, and says :nono: to the cop and gets out of there. I was :lol: on that scene.

I love funny biker scenes, those that come to mind is the fake oral scene on the highway in The Sweetest Thing and the Tequila dance scene in Peewee's Big Adventure, and others I can't think of...

That scene never gets old! I laugh every single time

Here it is...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w50hDnNVSB0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGijqGaj2bg[/ame]
But this is what he should have done :)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xugEWpkYO4[/ame]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8AgUXPpLM

Driftwood (struggling to read the fine print): I can read but I can't see it. I don't seem to have it in focus here. If my arms were a little longer, I could read it. You haven't got a baboon in your pocket, have ya? Here, here, here we are. Now I've got it. Now pay particular attention to this first clause because it's most important. It says the, uh, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part." How do you like that? That's pretty neat, eh?
Fiorello: No, it's no good.
Driftwood: What's the matter with it?
Fiorello: I don't know. Let's hear it again.
Driftwood: It says the, uh, "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part."
Fiorello: (pausing) That sounds a little better this time.
Driftwood: Well, it grows on ya. Would you like to hear it once more?
Fiorello: Uh, just the first part.
Driftwood: What do you mean? The party of the first part?
Fiorello: No, the first part of the party of the first part.
Driftwood: All right. It says the, uh, "The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract" - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this? We'll take it right out, eh?
Fiorello: Yeah, it's a too long, anyhow. (They both tear off the tops of their contracts.) Now, what do we got left?
Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!
Fiorello: Hey, look, why can'ta the first part of the second party be the second part of the first party? Then a you gotta something.
Driftwood: Well, look, uh, rather than go through all that again, what do you say?
Fiorello: Fine. (They rip out a portion of the contract.)
Driftwood: Now, uh, now I've got something you're bound to like. You'll be crazy about it.
Fiorello: No, I don't like it.
Driftwood: You don't like what?
Fiorello: Whatever it is. I don't like it.
Driftwood: Well, don't let's break up an old friendship over a thing like that. Ready?...
Fiorello: OK! (Another part is torn off.) Now the next part, I don't think you're gonna like.
Driftwood: Well, your word's good enough for me. (They rip out another part.) Now then, is my word good enough for you?
Fiorello: I should say not.
Driftwood: Well, that takes out two more clauses. (They rip out two more parts.) Now, "The party of the eighth part..."
Fiorello: No, that'sa no good. (more ripping.) No.
Driftwood: "The party of the ninth part..."
Fiorello: No, that'sa no good, too. (they rip the contracts again until there's practically nothing left.) Hey, how is it my contract is skinnier than yours?
Driftwood: Well, I don't know. You must've been out on a tear last night. But anyhow we're all set now, aren't we?
Driftwood (offering his pen to sign the contract): Now just, uh, just you put your name right down there and then the deal is, uh, legal.
Fiorello: I forgot to tell you. I can't write.
Driftwood: Well, that's all right, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract, isn't it?
Driftwood: We got a contract...
Fiorello: You bet.
Driftwood: No matter how small it is...
Fiorello: Hey, wait, wait. What does this say here? This thing here.
Driftwood: Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause. That's in every contract. That just says uh, it says uh, "If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know...
Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!
Driftwood: Well, you win the white carnation.
Fiorello: I give this to Riccardo.

(every time I see this scene, I always surprised the ability of Groucho to talk fast during the dialogue....)

I love the Marx brothers movies.

'I said blow bloody doors off'Italian job
'play it again Sam' Casablanca
and the scene from Ghost Patrick Swazie no words were used the pottery wheel scene.(RIP PATRICK)
I got give this thought sure more

Back