Woman swings baby as weapon!!!

Iceriver

Reaction score
ERIE, Pa. - A northwestern Pennsylvania woman accused of using her baby to batter her child's father said she didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late.

Chyrotia Graham, 27, of Erie, told police she had been drinking when an argument with the child's father turned violent early Sunday morning, according to an affidavit filed to support Graham's arrest.

Graham said she "snapped" and began grabbing things and throwing them at Deangelo Troop, 20, not realizing she had picked up her 4-week-old son, Jarron Troop, telling police she held the child by his legs and swung him at his father. Police had said they believed the woman held the baby by the midsection when she hit the man.

Graham was being held in the Erie County Jail on Monday on $75,000 bond. She faces charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and simple assault.

Jarron, who was born Sept. 11, suffered a fractured skull and bleeding in the brain after the incident. The infant's head hit Deangelo, who had also fathered one of Graham's other four children.

Deangelo told the Erie Times-News that Graham never meant to hurt their child.

"People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake," he said.

Defense attorney Alison Scarpitti, who was assigned by the Erie County Public Defender's Office to represent Graham, said Monday she could not comment because she had not met with Graham.

Police said Troop punched Graham in the eye after she put the baby down, and police photos later showed her eye blackened and swollen shut.

Authorities said there was no indication that Troop had hit his son but that they were reviewing the case to see if any charges might be warranted.

"I don't anticipate any at this time," Erie police Capt. Frank Kwitowski said Monday.

Officials at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh declined to release information about the baby early Tuesday. He was flown to the hospital by helicopter after the incident.

Authorities removed Graham's other children from the home. The Erie County Office of Children and Youth granted temporary custody to their maternal grandparents, Gloria Graham and Cornell Petty of Erie.

"it was just a mistake" That's B.S. Police believed her, thats stupid. This woman shouldnt be allowed to see her baby again. Hope the baby will be ok.

That poor child..I agree with you on that Icedriver. CPS should have been involved & taken that child away from her for that.

"it was just a mistake" That's B.S. Police believed her, thats stupid. This woman shouldnt be allowed to see her baby again. Hope the baby will be ok.

That poor child..I agree with you on that Icedriver. CPS should have been involved & taken that child away from her for that.

Baby is at the hospital, and CPS have already taken her other children away and placed them with grandparents. If the baby survives and is discharged from the hospital, I am very sure it will be placed in foster care.

they should take the kids away from her for life, Her husband should have some visitation rights, he didnt hurt them.

Oh I missed that last part. I was so shocked about that woman even doing that. Rather she was drunk or not thats just no excuse..

Yeah, but possibly the child may get to stay with the grandparents also. Then again CPS can be real asses from what I hear.

Baby is at the hospital, and CPS have already taken her other children away and placed them with grandparents. If the baby survives and is discharged from the hospital, I am very sure it will be placed in foster care.

Dang! I cant imagine if I did this to my own baby. NO FRIGGIN WAY! I HATE HATE read or hear or see whatever happen to such adoreable babies and kids that is so innocent! that sicknes my stomach when i hear, see or read like that! sigh.. DAMN!

*shrugs* surprise mother use baby as weapon until realized it's real baby... too late.. Baby is not deserved and get hurt...

Break my heart goes out for this baby suffered condition.. and hope will come heal and back normal soon..

I heard that on the radio while going to pick my son up from school. I just dropped my jaw and can't believe what she did with the baby. Poor that baby!!

It just disgust me to hear something like this has happened. Whether it is a mistake or not, The baby should have not had that treatment when the mother is using the baby as a "doll" to slap on the Father. Babies are so fragile and should be treated with tender loving care.

When I read that , I felt SICK. NO EXCUSE to do that whether she was drunk or not. Why get drunk with kids in the house in the first place??? So stupid!!! People like her should be locked up and kept away from children. Scary!

I hope the baby will be ok...I have an 11 month old and it just makes me into tears just thinking of a small precious newborn being used as a weapon like that!

So SICK!!

Yeah, I read cnn on interent last friday. I think.

Mother is UNFIT period ! !

I cant imagine if she do to my kids. Im gonna kick her butt ! ! :rl:

M-:afro:

Thats why I won't use my 7 month old neieces as weapons to beat people up.. I don't harm children..

Back