Why ferrets make the most fun pets of all

Liza

Reaction score
Got this from a ferret FAQ page.... which cracked me up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Buddha Ferret:
Why are ferrets the funnest (do I mean funniest?) pets of all?
A Seeker

Ferrets are the pet that has most closely reached true Enlightenment. Dogs are followers. Cats are self-absorbed. But ferrets just are.

The joy of their enlightenment spreads to those they touch. You don't have to lead as you would a dog. You don't have to fight for an understanding as with a cat.

Along with enlightenment comes awareness that life is a joke. A good joke so they go along with it and take what comes. Ferrets naturally understand and let you laugh with their joke.

http://www.zenferret.com/zen_budd.htm

Ferret Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.

2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.

3. If it's in my paw, it's mine.

4. If I saw it first, it's mine.

5. If I can take it from you, it's mine.

6. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.

7. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.

8. If you are playing with something and put it down, it automatically becomes mine.

9. If I'm breaking or hiding something, all the pieces are mine.

10. If it's broken, it's yours, when it's fixed, it's mine.

11. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.

12. If I think it's mine, it's mine.

13. If I let you play with it, it's mine.

14. If I can drag it under the couch, it's mine.

15. If it's out of your reach, it's mine.

16. If it's food, it's mine.

17. If I lose interest in it...it's STILL mine!

http://members.tripod.com/ferret_luv/humor.html#laws

Basic Rules For Ferrets Who Have A House To Run

1. If you have to poop, the best place to do it is right beside the litterbox. Your person will appreciate your not messing it up after they spent so much time getting it clean. If you can't make it there, the next best place is in front of the door.

2. Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get a door open, madly dig at the carpet in front of it. Your person may have put down carpet protector in front of the door. DON'T MESS UP THEIR CARPET PROTECTOR. Dig at the carpet just beside it. When the door opens, do your best imitation of a streak of greased lightning.

3. If a guest seems to be afraid of you, investigate him first. Try to crawl up his pants leg to become better acquainted. If you get stuck, digging will help you wiggle just a little bit further.

4. If any guest remarks on how adorable you are, nip her on the nose to demonstrate that you have a playful side too.

5. Accompany guests to the bathroom, this is the best time to investigate their clothes.

6. If one of your humans is working, sewing, knitting, or writing and another is idle, stay with the busy one. Get right in the middle of whatever he is doing. This is known as "being helpful."

7. For book readers, it is most helpful to crawl across the pages of the book. Try to stick your head between the pages and see how far they have read.

8. When supervising cooking, get right behind your human's feet. You cannot be seen, therefore you stand a better chance of being stepped on, picked up, and consoled. If done right, this often results in a treat from the guilty human.

9. It is important to get enough sleep during the day so you are fresh during the optimum play time between 2:00 and 4:00 A.M. preferably on your human's bed so they can join in the fun.

Most importantly, begin people training early. Humans are difficult to train, but they can be taught if you start early and are consistent.

Many Thanks to Victoria Foster
http://members.tripod.com/ferret_luv/humor.html

Cute... heh! I've got a few friends who have ferrets as pets. One of them named his ferret, "Darth Vader". Hehehe!

I like ferrets, too! I think they're adorable despite the fact they can bite and be aggressive at times if mishandled.

Ah! I have always wanted to have a pet or two!

Thanks, Liza, for sharing that with us. I will think about getting some small pets...

I'm somewhat of animal-deprived... I want to have some pets! :|

I kind of like some mischievious animals... :twisted:

Ferrets would be awesome! Siamese or Abbysian cats would be cool too just because they are smarter than most of cats. (I think) And... if it comes to dogs... I would like to have two fox terriers. (a dog that starred with Jim Carrey in MASK movie) :naughty:

I think that eternity doesn't care about all those small animals that I like just because she likes to have big dogs! :shock: So therefore, she got to pick her own dog's BIG poops! :fu:

258~ I never knew about these pets. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Back