Who Deserves the Credit for Killing Bin Laden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWA

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that many people, including the usual suspects here on AD, want to try and mitigate the achievement of our Commander in Chief and his team last night by claiming that he was simply just carrying on the policies of his predecessor, GW Bush--that Obama didn't really do much, etc. etc.

Let me direct you, friends, to this interesting nugget of information:

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden - New York Times

That's right, Bush SHUT DOWN the intel division (started by Clinton) that was devoted to capturing OBL. It was Obama who started it back up. It was Obama and HIS team who took the lackluster efforts of Bush and actually did something. Bush was more excited about starting and perpetuating wars to make his buddies at Halliburton/Lockheed/Northrop/etc, fatter cats than they already were.

So let's stop this silliness. Bush deserves as much credit for this as the guy who laid down the plaster before Leonardo painted The Last Supper.

222475_10100987135254851_2012300_78038948_4326979_n.jpg

We, American taxpayers deserve some credit for paying Navy Seals to kill Osama bin Laden.

We, American taxpayers deserve some credit for paying Navy Seals to kill Osama bin Laden.

The voters who also are taxpayers deserve credit for getting Obama elected so he could give out the order as well.

That's right, Bush SHUT DOWN the intel division (started by Clinton) that was devoted to capturing OBL. It was Obama who started it back up. It was Obama and HIS team who took the lackluster efforts of Bush and actually did something. Bush was more excited about starting and perpetuating wars to make his buddies at Halliburton/Lockheed/Northrop/etc, fatter cats than they already were.

I wouldn't go as far as saying such thing like that. It was a dead end at that time. Why spend resource and manpower on dead end when things were already stretched out thing at 2 wars? Bush reallocated the resource to finding OBL's top men - something more feasible to achieve at that time.

It is possible that the intel division (Alec Station) was not doing an effective job especially with no good intel available at that time and it made sense for Bush to shut it down.

Intelligence officials said Alec Station was disbanded after Robert Grenier, who until February was in charge of the Counterterrorist Center, decided the agency needed to reorganize to better address constant changes in terrorist organizations.

Now I guess with fresh intel obtained recently, Obama had a damn good reason to reallocate resource to reopen OBL mission.

The tip that led to the location of Osama Bin Laden was a direct result of waterboarding at the Gitmo prison.

After Osama Bin Laden was killed, Obama called Bush to let him know. Obama then thanked Bush for all of the hard work put into motion during his administration. Bush then congratulated Obama and said job well done.

Why can't you guys seem to follow the example that our leaders are setting?

Osama Bin Laden was killed during Obama's watch. Good for him. How many terrorists were captured and/or killed during Bush's watch?

There are a culmination of factors and efforts at play here - both parties and their leaders achieved a common goal.

The tip that led to the location of Osama Bin Laden was a direct result of waterboarding at the Gitmo prison.

After Osama Bin Laden was killed, Obama called Bush to let him know. Obama then thanked Bush for all of the hard work put into motion during his administration. Bush then congratulated Obama and said job well done.

Why can't you guys seem to follow the example that our leaders are setting?

do you have a proof that the tip was obtained as the result of waterboarding?

It has been discussed on nearly every news outlet today. As far as proof, no, I don't have any. My "proof" is MSM - and everyone knows that is not proof.

Obama carried out the order to the Navy SEALs. Case closed. Justice is done. NEXT!

It has been discussed on nearly every news outlet today. As far as proof, no, I don't have any. My "proof" is MSM - and everyone knows that is not proof.

ah then since you are unable to produce a proof that backs your claim... then kindly STFU!

in case you're incapable of basic comprehension, if the news outlet mentioned that the tip was the result of waterboarding... then surely they have a source to back that claim. That alone can be a source for you to provide to me.

ah then since you are unable to produce a proof that backs your claim... then kindly STFU!

in case you're incapable of basic comprehension, if the news outlet mentioned that the tip was the result of waterboarding... then surely they have a source to back that claim. That alone can be a source for you to provide to me.

If you do not have proof that Osama Bin Laden is dead, other than MSM reports ... then STFU!

:laugh2:

Here's the best I can do on that: Phone Call by Kuwaiti Courier Led to Bin Laden - ABC News (found on a fellow AD'ers FB page)

However, I think it's quite a stretch to say that what set everything in motion was some tip gathered at Gitmo during waterboarding. If it was such a great tip, why did it take 10 years for it to turn up a result? Seems to me they would have eventually learned the information of who Bin Laden's couriers were at some point, regardless of Gitmo.

I wouldn't go as far as saying such thing like that. It was a dead end at that time. Why spend resource and manpower on dead end when things were already stretched out thing at 2 wars? Bush reallocated the resource to finding OBL's top men - something more feasible to achieve at that time.

It is possible that the intel division (Alec Station) was not doing an effective job especially with no good intel available at that time and it made sense for Bush to shut it down.

Now I guess with fresh intel obtained recently, Obama had a damn good reason to reallocate resource to reopen OBL mission.

Like! :giggle:

I guess the obamites need something to grasp onto. I think most of "the usual suspects" agree. Good job obama. You continued the hunt and saw it through to the end.

owned? why?

I said source please. I did not call you a liar. Aren't you being childish, silly boy? Do you want a Flintstones Vitamin C chewable tablet or something for "owning" me?

I give Obama credit for giving troops the green light to kill Osama.
Ditto for his approval to have SEAL snipers shoot the Somali pirates in the head.

Y'all realize that to a liberal Ivy-League intellectual leftist, such behavior is barbaric, right?
The prevailing view is that criminals are supposed to be captured unhurt, even if it means a prolonged hostage situation and stand-off.
Many liberals-- who won't admit it when it comes to the bin Laden situation-- think that a good counselor and re-education in a supportive environment with positive reinforcement can turn anybody around.
The prevailing view is toward rehabilitiation, no death penalty ever, no matter how serious the crime and no matter how unrepentant the killer is.
Under international law and numerous conventions, the greatest punishment for any international crime against humanity is "life" which cannot mean life without parole, but rather life WITH parole eligibility after something like 20 years and guaranteed release no matter what at 30 years. (probably that would be beyond Bin Laden's natural lifetime, but for a serial killer in his 30s, that means this person has to be released into society again while he's still healthy and fit enough to cause more trouble).

I give Obama credit for rejecting all such liberal touchy-feely crap and ordering "dead or alive" on terrorists.

There ... I said it ;)

Isn't it obvious? I deserve the credit more than Obama or the SEALs or anyone else. Really, without me, this would have never happened.

You're welcome.

Well here's a quote from Dick Cheney: "I also want to congratulate President Obama and the members of his national security team. At this moment when bin Laden has been brought to justice, we especially remember the sacrifice of the young Americans who've paid the ultimate price in defense of the nation, as well as the nearly 3000 Americans who lost their lives on 9/11."

If there's any politicans that I like less than George W. Bush, it's this one. Unlike many of his - if not all - his fellow party members, he's willing to congratulate Obama and others as well. I never thought I'd ever say this about Cheney but he has been much more gracious about it than his fellow party members.

Well here's a quote from Dick Cheney: "I also want to congratulate President Obama and the members of his national security team. At this moment when bin Laden has been brought to justice, we especially remember the sacrifice of the young Americans who've paid the ultimate price in defense of the nation, as well as the nearly 3000 Americans who lost their lives on 9/11."

If there's any politicans that I like less than George W. Bush, it's this one. Unlike many of his - if not all - his fellow party members, he's willing to congratulate Obama and others as well. I never thought I'd ever say this about Cheney but he has been much more gracious about it than his many of his fellow party members.

I should mention that many of the other leaders in GOP have congratulated Obama as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back