When did you come out?

DylanTheDEAFKid

Reaction score
When did you realize you were gay? When did you come out? Good? Bad?

I guess I'll start. I knew there was something different when i was about 12 and going through puberty. I knew what a hot girl was but the attraction wasnt there. I tried and tried and tried with girls, but i really wasnt all that into them. But by the time I was 14, I had sex with a guy I had known all my life and from then on, I knew. Both my parents know (I told my dad at 14 and my mom at 16) but we really dont discuss it and I'm not sure they approve and I sometimes think they are just blocking it from their minds. But yeah coming out was hard (they kicked me out) but its all in the past now. Well thats about it.
peace.

I came out when I was 15. I've always known I was gay, since my earliest memories. I would watch soap operas when I was like 4 and 5 just to see the hot guys with their shirts off, and I remember very clearly telling my sister when I was about 5 that I though God had made a mistake with me and put me in the wrong body. I thought that since I like boys I was supposed to be a girl.

When I came out, it wasn't really an issue. My parents were of course concerned with my safety, but it didn't change how they viewed me or anything like that. I was out in school, started the Gay Straight Alliance (of which my ASL teacher was the faculty advisor), and was very fortunate to be accepted for who and what I was.

Sorry that your parents couldn't accept you..

I start to know that I was attract by the boys when I was 12 years old because I notice I became nervous and feel attract when hot boys stare at me or I saw one. No one knows till my parents found out when I was 14 to 15, and one of my friend found out and start gossiping to many of my friends that I was gay, when everyone knows, I realized it's time for me to come out because it's not worth to hide my gay. Since I came out, I felt so much better.

Almost everyone accepted me that I was gay. Just except those jerks that don't know how to respect other's business.

Sorry that your parents couldn't accept you..

I start to know that I was attract by the boys when I was 12 years old because I notice I became nervous and feel attract when hot boys stare at me or I saw one. No one knows till my parents found out when I was 14 to 15, and one of my friend found out and start gossiping to many of my friends that I was gay, when everyone knows, I realized it's time for me to come out because it's not worth to hide my gay. Since I came out, I felt so much better.

Almost everyone accepted me that I was gay. Just except those jerks that don't know how to respect other's business.

yeah those jerks always bug me. some of my guy friends i use to party with, go ride dirt bikes and stuff with just stopped talking to me. some of them would even call me out in school said they wanted to beat me straight.(sucks for them cause they got their asses beat by a gay kid)

but their are always the cool ones. Like my friend andy. Around the time I came out, we were sitting in biology class and he looked at me and said "hey dylan, I heard you were gay." I just looked at him and said "yeah. That a problem?" He just said "hell no man. We still going riding after school?"

I'm out only to a selected, trusted few friends ..... the rest, no way.

Maybe in 2022 when I turn 40, then maybe I'd come out.

Call me a closeted snob all you like, but I can't have my reputation damaged.

I'm out only to a selected, trusted few friends ..... the rest, no way.

Maybe in 2022 when I turn 40, then maybe I'd come out.

Call me a closeted snob all you like, but I can't have my reputation damaged.

thats completely understandable man. I wont judge you. We all have different circumstances.

yeah those jerks always bug me. some of my guy friends i use to party with, go ride dirt bikes and stuff with just stopped talking to me. some of them would even call me out in school said they wanted to beat me straight.(sucks for them cause they got their asses beat by a gay kid)

but their are always the cool ones. Like my friend andy. Around the time I came out, we were sitting in biology class and he looked at me and said "hey dylan, I heard you were gay." I just looked at him and said "yeah. That a problem?" He just said "hell no man. We still going riding after school?"

Ohh yeah I understand how you feel, before I was pretending straight, a lot of people just want to be my friend, even though I was kinda snob when I was at earlier teenage, but when I came out, the people who was my friend change a bit, they start to feel distract from me. I don't take it personally because they are not the ones who I should social, I have other friends that have wonderful heart and respectfully that I should social :) Also when coming out, I start to learn about being honestly and open, it lead me to be happy even more than when I have to wear jock clothes just to be popular or to be straight to be popular, so on, it sucks to be those because I simplly can't be myself that way or I will be teased.

It's much much better to just be myself ;)

I knew I was gay the day I was born. I swear I was so young and so attracted to guys at a very young age.
I remember being in 3rd or 4th grade and really liking guys but I always pretended to be straight.
Like in 8th grade I went to a prom with a girl and all that haha. It feels like it was yesterday lol.
Things were tough and I always depressed with myself not only being gay but other stuff in life and myself.

Then in High School, I finally came out at the age of 18. It was pretty easy. Why?
Mainly, a lot of students in my H.S were pretty much bi/lesbian/gay so I thought why not join the party haha.
I didn't lose anything unlike most people who do when they come out to their friends.
My friends and everyone was very accepting as for my parents. That's a whole different story.

My mom has used the word "faggot" she thinks all gay guys are like that "flamboyant" acting and well "twisted"
She doesn't know I'm gay but deep down inside she has a feeling but doesn't want to beleive so. I've never told her and never will after I heard those words she said.
She's gonna regret it and wish she has never said that. Once I move out this house. I'll be ready to tell her because I don't know what their reaction will be.
I mean I don't wanna get kicked out or anything and I don't think they will but I have to be prepared lol. She better rethink what she said and take it back.

Oh and I feel really disgusted to call her "Mom" what kind of a mom are you to say those things.

I knew I was gay the day I was born. I swear I was so young and so attracted to guys at a very young age.
I remember being in 3rd or 4th grade and really liking guys but I always pretended to be straight.
Like in 8th grade I went to a prom with a girl and all that haha. It feels like it was yesterday lol.
Things were tough and I always depressed with myself not only being gay but other stuff in life and myself.

Then in High School, I finally came out at the age of 18. It was pretty easy. Why?
Mainly, a lot of students in my H.S were pretty much bi/lesbian/gay so I thought why not join the party haha.
I didn't lose anything unlike most people who do when they come out to their friends.
My friends and everyone was very accepting as for my parents. That's a whole different story.

My mom has used the word "faggot" she thinks all gay guys are like that "flamboyant" acting and well "twisted"
She doesn't know I'm gay but deep down inside she has a feeling but doesn't want to beleive so. I've never told her and never will after I heard those words she said.
She's gonna regret it and wish she has never said that. Once I move out this house. I'll be ready to tell her because I don't know what their reaction will be.
I mean I don't wanna get kicked out or anything and I don't think they will but I have to be prepared lol. She better rethink what she said and take it back.

Oh and I feel really disgusted to call her "Mom" what kind of a mom are you to say those things.

maybe coming out to her would educate her?

I'm completely "out"

Most people don't say anything to me about it because they know that I will take care of them. :)

Of course being 6'9 does have its advantages. :lol:

Your mom just has a different opinion. Maybe her views will change if you told her you were gay. And sometimes, parents have a bad reaction but most of them always come back. They created you. They are apart of you and they'll never forget that.

I'm completely "out"

Most people don't say anything to me about it because they know that I will take care of them. :)

Of course being 6'9 does have its advantages. :lol:

haha true. I had some problems at one of the high schools i went to. Kids always wanted to fight me. I just remember what my mom taught me when i was little. Don't start the fight. Finish it. So i really havent had many problems since.

haha true. I had some problems at one of the high schools i went to. Kids always wanted to fight me. I just remember what my mom taught me when i was little. Don't start the fight. Finish it. So i really havent had many problems since.

Haha yeah. Those friends whom I've managed to come out to just stayed friends with me (and guess what? They are all hearing!), but the deaf community in this state (not only this state, but other states also) are full of drama. They would spread nasty rumors and pick on me. I can tell you for sure I'm surely glad I broke this "deaf curse" in 2003! Ick, I can't imagine myself still acting as if I was under the deaf curse (2003 to now).

I have *YET* to find a deaf guy that's cute, around my age, cool and drama-free (99.99% impossible!), so I went for hearing guys instead.

If, and only if, I manage to find that deaf guy who fits my requirements and that guy likes me back, then for sure I'd go for him. Buuuuuut ...... see the 2nd previous sentence. Sad, huh?

The first person I came out to as bi, was a college roommmate <who I found out later was lesbian :D > Then I came out to my then-boyfriend, now husband. <Yup, still together> Scene w/roommate great - like, "Cool" she says and that's that. Then-boyfriend scene not so hot but not total loss, we worked through it. Came out to my beloved mother's sister < who was involved in the "counter-culture" in the 60's and early 70's> and of course she was fine. Came out to my dad later in college or just after and he didn't have a lot to say but was accepting. Mom was the hardest, came out to her several years after I was married. She wasn't upset <probably have been different from her perspective if I hadn't been married or if I had told her in college>....just confused, not sure what to do with info., didn't really seem to want to talk about it and we let it go. I am out to pretty much everyone I know <most acquaintances and all friends very "Left"/ "diverse", etc. - or at least civil about it> and wouldn't actively hide it unless at a job interview or in presence of physical threat.

I knew I was "different' for that reason <have other "differences"> back in middle school but didn't know what to call it - same theme as many.

How do you know if your gay or not? Because I have had a boyfriend in the past ansd i never really loved him i dont think i think i was just that deparate for a boyfriend and i dont have any feelings whatever for men

For me, as a bi person, I just knew but I didn't what to call "it", I could think of how I felt and past experiences and later paired that to the term. I have always been kinda "out of the mainstream". But being bi is only one part of me, not the whole of me.

How do you know if your gay or not? Because I have had a boyfriend in the past ansd i never really loved him i dont think i think i was just that deparate for a boyfriend and i dont have any feelings whatever for men

Do you have sexual attraction to members of the same sex, and not to those of the opposite sex? If so, you're gay :)

Back