Whats your ethnic background?

Lets see:

Mom- 1/2 (Syrian), 1/2 (Norse-Scott) (Gilmore sept of the Clan Morrison off the NW corner, that little island up there... yeah... them...)

Dad - 1/2 (mutt Grandma had 5 different ethniciti ), 1/2 (German-English)

7th generation here, just as the Timucuans were leaving... maybe some blood there too?

Last edited:
Norwegian, Swedish, German, Czechian. Those are the ones I know about so far.

Its a tad tricky for me since I'm adopted and do not know who my biological parents are ( the Devil could be my father for all I know...) but from what I was told and it could be untrue or just something I was told when I was a kid to ease my curiosity since my adoptive parents don't really know much of them, My father is Irish, had Red hair, red beard, green eyes. My mother was German, brown hair..eye color, unsure. My grand parents I was told were migrants from Dublin, Ireland.

I have green eyes and red/blonde hair, very fair skin...could be true. Who knows? Those that actually know " what they are" lucky you! My records are sealed by the court and they can never be unlocked. Not the kind of adoption I had....It was a closed adoption. My reflection will forever be a mystery. :)

I think there is some genetic testing you can have done that will give you some idea of which countries your ancestors came from.

Genealogical DNA test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guide to Ethnic DNA Testing: How to Prove Your Ancestors? Ethnicity

Ethnic Origins DNA Testing Company Comparison

On my mother side, I have two Indian lineages that lined up with my Scottish (some Irish, too) lineage.

Emperor Wahunsenacawh Powhatan appears to be my great (9 greats) grandfather. In terms of blood division, I'm 1/2048th Powhatan blood. Emperor Wahunsenacawh Powhatan married Mrs. Namona Amopotuskee. They had Princess Cleopatria Powhatan (1610 - 1720) who is a half sister of Pocahontas.

I have a stronger Indian blood on the Cherokee side. My Cherokee grandmother (great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother) named Rebecca Nakisha Sutton (Cherokee Tribe 1790) married William Buck L Sutton. Going through the generation based on my Uncle's genealogy work, I am 1/128th Cherokee indian blood as well.

I think there is some genetic testing you can have done that will give you some idea of which countries your ancestors came from.

Genealogical DNA test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guide to Ethnic DNA Testing: How to Prove Your Ancestors? Ethnicity

Ethnic Origins DNA Testing Company Comparison

My sister and I wanted to have genetic test but the test had to done on a male and no one talk to our ex brother anymore! He is the only male in our famliy .

paternal, Russian Jewish

maternal, Russia , English , Scottish , Dutch
Jewish

Wow, that's quite a mix. Have you ever been to Malaysia?? I've always wanted to explore Malaysia... looks awesome! :)

Never been...but one of my sisters has and my grandmother, for sure. My great great grandfather was the White Rajah of Sarawak. he married a local beauty, a Malaysian woman but their marriage was unrecognized under British law. He later divorced her to marry a British woman who was very wealthy.

To avoid illegitimacy problems due to his first marriage being unrecognized, he allowed their child to be adopted by a Reverend who moved to Canada, he's now known unofficially as The Forgotten Heir. His daughter is my grandmother.

Never been...but one of my sisters has and my grandmother, for sure. My great great grandfather was the White Rajah of Sarawak. he married a local beauty, a Malaysian woman but their marriage was unrecognized under British law. He later divorced her to marry a British woman who was very wealthy.

To avoid illegitimacy problems due to his first marriage being unrecognized, he allowed their child to be adopted by a Reverend who moved to Canada, he's now known unofficially as The Forgotten Heir. His daughter is my grandmother.

Your great great grandfather was a rajah?... surely that must make you some kind of royalty?!? :P

Your great great grandfather was a rajah?... surely that must make you some kind of royalty?!? :P

Apparently. I learned all this from my grandmother when she was babysitting me. When my mother came to pick me up, I ran to her and said "Mom! I'm a princess!"

My mother looked at me and said "you're still doing the dishes tonight."

:D

Apparently. I learned all this from my grandmother when she was babysitting me. When my mother came to pick me up, I ran to her and said "Mom! I'm a princess!"

My mother looked at me and said "you're still doing the dishes tonight."

:D

WOW!! That's just blown my mind!! I've met royalty!! :P

Haha what a moms for to be fair... to bring you back to earth with a bump! :)

Nice to meet you by the way :)

That's a very cool story. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back