What would you do if your friend left his/her wallet at your house?

Text the person and go from there.

Your friend came and visit. He left his/her wallet at your house. What would you do?

A. Mail out the wallet. Expect no payment.
B. I'll pay to mail out your wallet. Just pay me back when you see me.
C. You pay me first. I'll mail it out.
D. You'll have to come here and get it. I don't want to do anything.

Derek:

if you left your wallet at your house I would immediately text you that I found your wallet. You would be frantic and worried and stressed out looking around where you might have lost it having a heart attack as we know how hard it is to get a replacement with heaps of paperwork to prove who we really are. Put yourself in their shoes. Having to cancel credit/debit card to prevent theft. And renewals etc.

I've dealt with family members losing their things at my house and I would call them up letting them know its in safe hands. If a friend or loved one lost a wallet at my house, distance wont matter I'll immediately call them or text them and we can figure out a plan to get it over there. I wouldn't think about money it's the least of my worries.

Its part of life, it's not an inconvenience to me when it happens. Like others say Karma gets to you. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If I were to find a wallet here that this person forgot, I'd inform about their wallet and what this person wants to do... either come back to pick up or I go over there to hand it back to them. If I were to drive over there and hand it back... all this person has to do is say thank you. It is all about showing respect and compassionate. There is no need for payments or reimbursement to help your friends... we all forget things sometimes. There's no reason to become greedy to demand a small fee or reimbursement.

If this friend lives a distance away, an arrangement can be made to either mail it to them or meet half way. If you mail to them, they will usually get it the next business day. If this person urgently needs the wallet, and offers a reimbursement for the fuel costs, at least this person is being considerate of you and shows respectful that you are honest person. To earn respect and trust goes both ways. :)

I came home and found my neighbor that lived upstairs left her wallet on top of her car. She was lucky we live on a dead end street and do not get a lot strange cars in our driveway. Her husband said she had hard day at work and forget she put her wallet on top of her car.

I would let her/him know what s/he wanna do with this. I prefer to pick out D.

Derek:

if you left your wallet at your house I would immediately text you that I found your wallet. You would be frantic and worried and stressed out looking around where you might have lost it having a heart attack as we know how hard it is to get a replacement with heaps of paperwork to prove who we really are. Put yourself in their shoes. Having to cancel credit/debit card to prevent theft. And renewals etc.

I've dealt with family members losing their things at my house and I would call them up letting them know its in safe hands. If a friend or loved one lost a wallet at my house, distance wont matter I'll immediately call them or text them and we can figure out a plan to get it over there. I wouldn't think about money it's the least of my worries.

Its part of life, it's not an inconvenience to me when it happens. Like others say Karma gets to you. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Why would you be in his house, you burglar !!!! lol

Mail?? That's stupid idea. How they pay gas, food,and drive around without driving license for few days depend on mail service. That's awful if mail got lost. Text immediately or call immediately then meet somewhere to give or pick it up.

Some idiot people don't use wallet. Just cash with clip. I found $95 on the parking area at college campus and no proof who own it. So I kept it.

Judging by the answer choices given, I'm assuming this is a "long distance" friend and the discovery was made after they were on their way back to their city...in that situation, I'd call her letting her know (though they probs would have figured it out before me since they're probs getting gas before head out of town or flying, which also needs an ID...) I'd then ask her what she wanted to do, I'd either drive it to her or meet up with her somewhere...mailing it would probably be one of the dumbest ideas ever, a person's wallet has their license, credit cards, and sometimes even the Soc. Sec. card, someone could steal that in a heartbeat...

Back