What was the last movie you watched?

When I first saw E.T. in theatre in 1980 and I thought it was good movie. But when I saw E.T. again when they first released in DVD format in 2002, I thought it was horrible. It just didn't age very well - well, to me. *shrug*

Aw, Seriously? It's a really nice science fiction film. After watching the movie, I had a dream about riding a bike in the sky and it felt so real! No E.T. though =[

Anyway yeah, people change their opinions about things as they gets older. There are some movies that I used to love but hate now and vice versa.

I saw an excellent documentary,
"I am Bruce Lee"

it was about what he was, and what he wanted to do and what he achieved and what he wanted us to achieve. He was a true teacher of life. Fantastic, but also moody, but then I can see that, indeed of course he'd be a bit haywired, very sharp and explosive, as he had too much energy, something of, he had a kink of excess of energy roaming about, a magnet for too much 'chi', in a way a slight accident in life of having too much life force, he knew and he wanted to share while he was still alive. I suspect he knew he had a weakness or was suspectable to burst a bloody vessal, he pushed hiimself so hard beyond the 'safe levels of fitness' (<thats just me that's what i believe.

Hmm jsut saying this is what come out thinking after viewing this documentary, it doesnt matter what back ground or how little you know, or how much your interest in martial arts or lack of, this documentary does bring the idea of achievement and being honest to yourself into the attention of the audience. I really Liked this film.
See it, and it will make you think, be it history, culture, sport, fighting, politics, films, writing, racism, discrimination,ambition, martial arts, anything.... there is something for everyone to talke away from thie duco.
A+

Nice review! That sounds really interesting. I might check it out.

Yesterday: Scream 1-4. "Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative." - Billy Loomis.

Today: House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Crazy family but really entertaining. I love the way they talk (dialogues).

Yesterday: Scream 1-4. "Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative." - Billy Loomis.

Today: House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Crazy family but really entertaining. I love the way they talk (dialogues).

ha ha i like that quote, now who's Billy Loomis, is he famour for something? ( i know i can google but its better ask people, different responses and more flavoursome from a real person<== weird way of this saying this i know...im just in a mood for more fluid writing as I have been thinking as im anticipating my last PG paper before the thesis writing , guess im slightly mentally pumped lol, not normal for me (its stress)

ha ha i like that quote, now who's Billy Loomis, is he famour for something? ( i know i can google but its better ask people, different responses and more flavoursome from a real person<== weird way of this saying this i know...im just in a mood for more fluid writing as I have been thinking as im anticipating my last PG paper before the thesis writing , guess im slightly mentally pumped lol, not normal for me (its stress)

Ha, I'll be gladly to tell you who Billy Loomis is. He's a character from the first Scream. He is the main character's boyfriend, the one with brown hair and puppy eyes.

If you already seen the movie but need to refresh your mind, read ahead if you want to know which part of the movie Billy said that quote. *Spoilers* Toward to the near end of the movie, Billy and Stu revealed to Sidney(main character) that they are killers and got their ideas from horror movies. The killers were stabbing each other to cover their tracks and they were accused by Sidney that they are "sick fucks and they've seen too many movies." Billy assured her not to blame the movies and then he said that awesome quote!

I guess anything that require you a lot of thinking can be stressful if that is what causing you the stress. Good luck with your paper, btw.

Red Dawn, cool! not bad, ok not everyone gonna like it, but i did , great action story formulic, but if you see it as a re-make of the 80's style, and forgive it, then its forgiven its a good film

Red Dawn, cool! not bad, ok not everyone gonna like it, but i did , great action story formulic, but if you see it as a re-make of the 80's style, and forgive it, then its forgiven its a good film

Red Dawn is one of those classics...Like "Silver Bullet" or "Lost Boys".....

yes, but i saw a 2012 version. it was wee bit better than i expected and yet other parts i expected to be 'flat' and unsophisicated but you're right it was meant to follow the classics, and thus not ruin that '80's action genre'.

My son told me that the movie "The Twilight" is a chick flick. :hmm: Oh well, I am going to watch its sequel "Breaking Dawn Part 2" tonight regardless because I love great visual effects (not because I am girlish). :lol:

Red Dawn is one of those classics...Like "Silver Bullet" or "Lost Boys".....

I just watched Silver Bullet for the first time yesterday. I thought it was okay but I was thinking of a different werewolf movie when I was watching that movie. I recall seeing Corey Haim not in a wheelchair and has a dog but I could be wrong. I tried to find the name of the movie but I think this is his only werewolf movie. It was a long time ago anyway.

I just watched Silver Bullet for the first time yesterday. I thought it was okay but I was thinking of a different werewolf movie when I was watching that movie. I recall seeing Corey Haim not in a wheelchair and has a dog but I could be wrong. I tried to find the name of the movie but I think this is his only werewolf movie. It was a long time ago anyway.

It was...the film you're thinking of was probably "Lost Boys" - he had a dog in that one and didn't play a disabled character. "Silver Bullet" was one of my favorites for the acting and the story by Stephen King, which I liked better than the book. The actress playing the sister was excellent and known for her "Anne of Green Gables" work. Corey was a wonderful actor and will be missed.

It was...the film you're thinking of was probably "Lost Boys" - he had a dog in that one and didn't play a disabled character. "Silver Bullet" was one of my favorites for the acting and the story by Stephen King, which I liked better than the book. The actress playing the sister was excellent and known for her "Anne of Green Gables" work. Corey was a wonderful actor and will be missed.

No, that is a vampire movie. I checked again and it was Watchers. That was the movie that I thought was Silver Bullet but it isn't a werewolf movie (my bad). Anyway SB is not a bad movie and the best part about it is the relationship between the boy and his uncle, I mean he gave him a badass motorized wheelchair that looks and acts like a motorcycle!

He was definitely a wonderful actor; I loved him in The Lost Boys and he was pervy hilarious in Crank 2.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake). I like the old one better but the remake is not awful either. Also I'm really used to Robert Englund as Freddy.

Rise of the Guardians..
its well made, easy to follow, however I have strong suspicion its a film with religion war hidden, like it is western views holding that its general religion outlook follows the christian theology which depicted in the film as are threatened by foriegn cultures (notice it did have Japan(or China in there, indicating that Christiandom is there too) and all other are to be feared and hatred....or put other way, the 'only magical childhood dreams and delights are only found in Christian holidays' meanings' so to me, itsthe film was really about reinforcing christian values and thus the to hold up (and rationalise) the consumerism of the western style, ie capitalism... it just interesting to note it, thats all...
...and just back from swimming at the river..i tried watching till the end of this film, secoind time, i fell asleep!...it was boring...all the actions is repetitive, plot getting sillier, and 'winning' getting too light (which IS a kids' film right)...all this just lost my interest like a lead balloon thud to the ground...maybe i was so tired too but id watch it again very soon just to see the last 20 mins of it, and hope id stay up thru, even if i did, doubt id go all whooing and shit...id just goes ho hum just another expensive anmated film to save 'greed' ideology...

Last edited:
The_Twilight_Saga_Breaking_Dawn_Part_2_poster.jpg

Finally, it's over! This film was OK.

Back