what is going on!?!?!? that isnt fair!!!

Taurus

Reaction score
My deaf friend have Videophone but I do not have videophone..

I like to use sidrelay on AIM.. I tried to IM my friend through AIM but no answer back..

I know that he will answer me if I talk him through the phone..

I use sidrelay to call his phone number..

but all I get is I cannot connect him because of different companies or server for the deaf or whatever crap that was for..

OMG!! for whatever that stupid reason.. I NEEED TO TALK TO HIM!!

Why not apply for free Sorenson Videophone VP-200? Its free, what you got to lose?

You can not use SIPrelay to call Videophone this is not going to work because of system incompatible, Deaf are NO exception, same with hearing people that can NOT call to FAX, or even try to call TTY without relay.

My deaf friend have Videophone but I do not have videophone..

I like to use sidrelay on AIM.. I tried to IM my friend through AIM but no answer back..

I know that he will answer me if I talk him through the phone..

I use sidrelay to call his phone number..

but all I get is I cannot connect him because of different companies or server for the deaf or whatever crap that was for..

OMG!! for whatever that stupid reason.. I NEEED TO TALK TO HIM!!

Why not apply for free Sorenson Videophone VP-200? Its free, what you got to lose?

You can not use SIPrelay to call Videophone this is not going to work because of system incompatible, Deaf are NO exception, same with hearing people that can NOT call to FAX, or even try to call TTY without relay.

You dont know my history.. I dont stay in one place for more than 6 months..

It take about 6 month to wait for free vp..

and second thing.. I dont have tv and not looking forward to get TV anyway..

third thing - I dont like to see my face on Videophone..

Do you have a laptop? Then download Viable Vision (Free download) or P3 (Purple 3)

you can set it up where you only see the intrepter. You don't have to see yourself.

That's right - The interpreter only sees you on their screen and you don't have to see yourself on it. It goes the same for VPAD and MVP too.

Sorry I accident type too fast..

I dont want ppl to see me including interpreter...

To use VP you have to be confident in allowing yourself to be on camera.

Can you do IM or text messaging?

Confidence is the most important thing, I have 75% confidence in using VRS but 100% between friends. I like seeing myself on VP, which helps smooth my ASL/AUSLAN up :)

How does a Sorenson Videophone work? And how do you get a free one?
I am running out of phones to buy that work with my hearing aide and I find that not fair! The phones are all cord less and I have trouble using them , they echo too much!

6 months???? I got my VP-200 less than a week. :shock:

The third thing can be turn off. It is a opinion to have it off.

Yeah, I wonder that too, I got my first vp-100 in just 4 days after apply for one. Perhaps I answered all questions exactly as they asked for.

6 months???? I got my VP-200 less than a week. :shock:

The third thing can be turn off. It is a opinion to have it off.

I am running out of phones to buy that work with my hearing aide and I find that not fair! The phones are all cord less and I have trouble using them , they echo too much!

Here u go...

Sorenson VRS®

Make sure you say yes that ASL is your primary language. (I know lot of us HOH have to lie a little to get it.):roll:

Sorenson VRS®

To apply for free VP-200, just click this link www.sorensonvrs.com/apply

Please remember, this device requires high speed Internet connection. No dial ups will work, no ISDN will work, no wireless/satellite will work. Best either cable/DSL/Fiber optics.

Sounds like this is more of a personal problem or a problem between 2 friends than a problem with VP.

Ditto on that.. a personal problem between two people. A bit of self-deflecting here as well.

Back