What do you do when...

Angelique, you can't always ride on what you feel and dwell on it. Being passive and waiting for the change to come to you won't get you anywhere. Take an active approach and use your head- meaning think about what caused your isolation to begin with. Other people's reactions happened because something about you occurred, or you are not communicating appropriately. If it is their fault, time for a new approach or see other people.

I am sorry it happened to you. I am sure it doesn't feel good.
People can be really unfair and nasty sometimes.

It's also good to reflect upon oneself - did I do something wrong?
If yes, is there something I can do to fix the situation?

Of course, sometimes we just simply fell in with a wrong crowd where we did nothing wrong.
In this case, while it still hurts really bad to be rejected, we also should consider
maybe in the end it's for the better.

Then go shopping.
Or movies. or garden, good book - whatever :)

Fuzzy

this has happened with time, it didn't just happen all at once. and i don't think it was funny "buy a dog and learn to be nice" kind of immature in my opinion. I came here as stupid as it sounds because i have not a single person i can talk to. whats the use, im sure you will mock me some more anyways. sorry to even post anything....

People are trying to be nice and advise with what little you've given them to go on. I agree buying a dog might not be the answer for you. Personally, given how you sound, I think it'd be cruel to the dog. You should make an appointment with a counselor.

Laura

Angelique, you already talk to someone..... here, in this AllDeaf.

I know it's difficult when there's a sudden changed and you realized that no one is around to speak with. If you have difficulty to adapt the sudden changed, I would seek out counseling for help..Just like what everyone said above.

Wish you a good recovery.....it will take time.

I know this is totally off topic :topic: BUT will he share the recipe??? I love Pho, but haven't good Pho since I was commuting to Boston every week.... Would love to make it at home.

I didn't forget , and here is our shrimp pho recipe. Not sure how authentic it is, but it tastes ok. :)

Broth:
6 cups vegetable broth:

shallots, sliced (1 cup)

1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms

10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed

3 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce

1 Tbs ground ginger

1 Tbs brown sugar

1 Teas Rooster sauce

1 star anise

5-6 fresh basil leaves, reserved for soup

5-6 cilantro stems, reserved for soup

Pho:
1 pound rice stick noodles

1 pound shelled , deveined , tail off shrimp

2 cups bean sprouts

4 green onions, sliced

1/4 cup chopped cilantro

1 cup fresh basil leaves

1 lime, cut into wedges

Fresh mint leaves

Directions

1. To make broth: Place all ingredients in a large pot with 8 cups water. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Strain broth and return to pot. Discard solids.

2. To make Pho: Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water.

3.While pasta is boiling, cook shrimp.

4. Divide the cooked noodles among 6 large soup bowls. Ladle broth over noodles and top with shrimp, sprouts, and green

No one is truly alone.

There are pets, friendly employees, bartenders, online buddies, etc.

you don't have anybody to talk to, because everyone you once knew just walked out on you, or just decided not to speak to you or they just don't want to listen to you anymore?

I would do what you did, post about it, and I've done it before many times. I wish I could tell you that I remember a time when it helped.

I don't think anybody here is trying to mock you or criticize you. Over time, I've learned that the people on this particular forum are uniquely blunt, and that can come across as cruel to many who don't spend much time here. There's no way for them (or me) to know what might upset you. They're only trying to be helpful, and most of us speak from personal experience.

I've felt this way and I've known that I've done something wrong, but I didn't know the right thing to do instead, or I didn't know how to do it right, so I felt I was at a dead end. But the feeling gradually passed. It eventually does every time. I hope it will for you as well.

Angelique: Something odd: The public view listed you as Angelique1982, A deaf teacher, Texas, 25 in 2008 and 3 posts.
Computer problem?

This is why us D/deaf alldeaf members have a hard time trusting new members. Why do hearing people go to a deaf website to make friends. I can understand if they have deaf family members and friends coming here for information. However to come to this site and pretend they are deaf makes me ill. This makes it very hard on us who were new, deaf and really neded help and support. I hope she can explain, but I did notice her old posts too. How do you go from 25 to 20 in four years, I would like to know.

I'm not really sure the profile that shows up when we click her name is actually hers. This says she joined in 2012, but the profile says she joined in 2008. Also, the name in the profile has a number after it, 1982 or something, but the name on this page does not. This person posted 13 times and the person in the profile posted only 3, none of which are the posts we see here on this page. There are several more inconsistencies. I'm not convinced they are both the same person. Maybe it is a computer glitch.

Last edited:
I feel like I am alone a lot. Just keep your head up and try to stay strong. If you ever need a friend feel free to message me. I might not give the best advice out there but all my advice comes from the heart.

This is why us D/deaf alldeaf members have a hard time trusting new members. Why do hearing people go to a deaf website to make friends. I can understand if they have deaf family members and friends coming here for information. However to come to this site and pretend they are deaf makes me ill. This makes it very hard on us who were new, deaf and really neded help and support. I hope she can explain, but I did notice her old posts too. How do you go from 25 to 20 in four years, I would like to know.

I don't get it? What do you mean? Why would people pretend? Does this happen often? How do you know when you have a "pretender?"

Angelique Perez: You have mentioned in a later post- you have been married for 2 years. Apparent assumption- "difficulty with your husband"?

Thus you should consider going to some "therapist" forthwith and discuss your current situation.

Much success in getting some "peace" in your current circumstance which might lead to some "happiness" in your future.
Cheers

Back