What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveBlue

I read that, yes. I think she might need to go back to have them finish the job.

I agree. If doctors with sharp instruments can't dig out a tick head, they shouldn't be allowed to do microsurgery on anyone. :hmm:

Jane B.

That the ticks are really still bad right now ! I woke up and my right ear was hurting real bad , I thought I might had slept funny last night and when I went to take a shower I saw that my ear was all red and painful to touch . A tick was right at top of ear and I couldn't get it out , I had neighbor try and he said the tick kept breaking off. I went ER to ear b/c my ear was really painful and red and thought it was infected already. I had to wait over a hour and the nurse wasn't able to get the head out of my ear . I was given some antibiotic and was told my ear could get an infection by trying to get the head out or leaving it in my ear . :( The only good think about this that is my right ear and I don't wear a HA in it anymore.

I agree. If doctors with sharp instruments can't dig out a tick head, they shouldn't be allowed to do microsurgery on anyone. :hmm:

See the quote above. It was not a doctor but a nurse that tried to get it out.

DeafDucky

See the quote above. It was not a doctor but a nurse that tried to get it out.

And there are no doctors in ER? That's strange. Whenever I've been to ER there are lots of doctors around. :roll:

No kidding. Am a little surprised that the nurse was the one doing it; would have thought a doctor would be the one to do the removing or attempt at removing. So either the ER is an odd one or she really meant doctor...:hmm:

I hope she goes back or at least to her own doctor- leaving a foreign object in your ear (or anywhere in your body for that matter) is not a good idea. Waiting to see if it will fall out on its own won't help either.

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
No kidding. Am a little surprised that the nurse was the one doing it; would have thought a doctor would be the one to do the removing or attempt at removing. So either the ER is an odd one or she really meant doctor...:hmm:

I hope she goes back or at least to her own doctor- leaving a foreign object in your ear (or anywhere in your body for that matter) is not a good idea. Waiting to see if it will fall out on its own won't help either.
Some nurses are nurse practitioners or physicians assistants.

whatdidyousay!

WDYS! that seems terrible amount that tick!
how is your ear now?

My ear is better , my sister is a RN and she told me use Epsom salt to try and draw the head out and that helped. I only a very small black dot left over from the tick and I hope it'll fall out fast ! I was really freaked out b/c I wasn't able to get it out on my own . I had tick bite me before but is really hurt this time. I really really HATE ticks ! :ty: for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.