What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela

I can relate that to many occasions in my life.

just been to nursing home my mother went into they awful

I learned about the molting process of Tarantula. Very interesting!

Videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhL567RE1U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8cZzyZ3e3s[/ame]

I learned that my great-uncle has passed.

My deepest sympathies goes out to you and your family. May god give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.

I learned I missed a lot of horrible news by not being "plugged in" while on vacation. Sad reading all the awful news stories. Kind of felt like all was right with this world for a little while.

I learned I missed a lot of horrible news by not being "plugged in" while on vacation. Sad reading all the awful news stories. Kind of felt like all was right with this world for a little while.

Downside of being connected for sure.

I have wondered if world would be better off if didn't have all the connections. I think people get ideas of doing things by seeing what others in world are doing. If were not connected, not much ideas would be happening and won't be following those ideas and be quieter in the world but of course not perfect.

I've learned that a road trip is possible with three tiny children, but much more enjoyable if wine is involved ...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I learned that the seats on the women's restroom toilets at my gun range are heated! :-o

Is the area not otherwise heated?
I suspect that in general most public bathrooms don't have heated terlet seats. Either Reba has never been inside that particular restroom or it's a very recent addition.

Heated-- perfect for a cold cold day but a little baffling for SC it rarely gets biting cold there LOL.

I suspect that in general most public bathrooms don't have heated toilet seats. Either Reba has never been inside that particular restroom or it's a very recent addition.

Heated-- perfect for a cold cold day but a little baffling for SC it rarely gets biting cold there LOL.

I agree it must be rare; I have never come across it.

What I was thinking of when I asked that question is a small building just for that out in the field and no other heat in the building. And that it was then discovered easier/cheaper to heat the seats rather that the whole building.

I agree it must be rare; I have never come across it.

What I was thinking of when I asked that question is a small building just for that out in the field and no other heat in the building. And that it was then discovered easier/cheaper to heat the seats rather that the whole building.
Ah I see what you mean... true.

Depends on what kind of gun range it is. If they have long range target shooting would think there are portapotty( for lack of a better word sorry) type buildings. Would think with the short range like handgun range would be inside a larger building anyway.

Is the area not otherwise heated?
The whole building has heat and AC. It's a fairly new building.

ATP

I should have mentioned that it's an indoor range and shop together.

I suspect that in general most public bathrooms don't have heated terlet seats. Either Reba has never been inside that particular restroom or it's a very recent addition.

We've been using this range for years but I think the heaters were recent additions.

I don't know why they were added. The bathroom always seemed comfortable to me.

There are several women on the staff, and one is the owner's wife. I wonder if it was something they pushed for? :giggle:

This shop/range is popular with women. They have Ladies' Night classes once a week, and a lot of merchandise specifically for women. Maybe this was the latest special "touch." :)

Ah I see what you mean... true.

Depends on what kind of gun range it is. If they have long range target shooting would think there are portapotty( for lack of a better word sorry) type buildings. Would think with the short range like handgun range would be inside a larger building anyway.
This was at the indoor range of a gun shop. We use it mostly for our hand gun practice.

For our long guns, we prefer an outdoor range. It's a further drive but it's free. The only thing I don't like about the outdoor range is that there is NO restroom, not even a portapotty. I have to time my trips carefully. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back