What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Deaf/HoH folks need to date too. Whats wrong with looking for it here?
I totally agree with that. But I also agree with some of the following posts. Sometimes it just gets creepy, especially if it falls out of line with the thread.

Sometimes it just gets creepy, especially if it falls out of line with the thread.
Every thread has some kook going off the rails. I have been guilty of that a time or 2 or a dozen plus. :)

Thinking of "Oliver"...my friend's doggie, a Shihtzu (male), at 20-25 lbs...he's big, all white...the most lovable goofy smile (and he smiles a lot)...friend's apt. is being renovated and I'll keep him until Thursday or Friday (hopefully Thursday!)...took him and my doggie for a walk...more like a run, he very strong. Barks at everything...So far, it's been calm expect for the spat over the dog cookies...and he eats...and eats...LOL...

Thinking what a pain it is to find an eBook with companion audio book online at the library. Want both for aural rehab. If I find the audiobook available, the ebook is not or vice versa. And my library does not have audiobooks for all the ebooks they have. Doesn't help that I have a very limited list of authors that I'm familiar with.

I'm thinking about my co-worker's family. The co-worker's sister-in-law passed yesterday.

Thinking what a pain it is to find an eBook with companion audio book online at the library. Want both for aural rehab. If I find the audiobook available, the ebook is not or vice versa. And my library does not have audiobooks for all the ebooks they have. Doesn't help that I have a very limited list of authors that I'm familiar with.
Hmmm, interesting. I always had the impression that it's only effective if done at an early age. Sounds like I am mistaken.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I sort of thought that has to be done at an early age for it to work

Hmmm, interesting. I always had the impression that it's only effective if done at an early age. Sounds like I am mistaken.

She's doing aural rehab due to the CI she recently got in February. Still possible- much better results with those who lost their hearing later in life.

I'm late-deafened and got a CI earlier this year. I'm hearing pretty darn good already. Audiobooks help by giving me different voices to listen too.
I really should just listen and not read along and only look at the book if I miss something. I probably could do ok with just an audiobook, but I prefer reading, so I borrowed just a ebook this time.

Time to try one you are not familiar with?

I lost all my blankets today. The cats and dogs took over. :) Might be due to the rain today.

It's my life!-No Doubt

just as the song goes

Thinking about buying more tamanu oil. I loooove it. My mosquito bites are healing quicker than expected.

Thinking about how stupid was this "dinosaur" person! :mad:

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

Police say someone in a dinosaur suit spooked carriage horses causing the driver to fall on the street in downtown Charleston Thursday afternoon.

Officials with the Charleston Police Department say the incident happened around 5:30 p.m. in the area of Church and Linguard streets.

According to a report, the person in the dinosaur costume was walking on the sidewalk on Church Street just ahead of the carriage.

Police say when the carriage got to 160 Church St. the person in the costume began to make growling noises at the horse. This spooked the horses and they began backing up, according to police

The carriage then struck an unoccupied vehicle and caused minor damage to its bumper.

"The driver then lost his balance and fell off the carriage. A wheel on the carriage rolled over one of his legs resulting in him being transported to Roper Hospital with minor injuries," CPD officials said.

A police report states none of the passengers on the carriage or the horses were injured.

Anyone with information about this incident can call 843-743-7200 for the on duty CPD detective.

Video captured by Desmond Sebjornson shows the carriage horses in the middle of the road as the driver falls from the carriage.

"I pulled up to a stop sign and noticed a pedestrian in a full body T-Rex costume and went to take a picture of it," Sebjornson said."I looked down the street and saw the horses begin to panic and backpedal, obviously in fear of the T-Rex costume."

According to Sebjornson, that's when the horses tried to turn around on the road, rocking the cart from side to side.

"At some point the tour guide fell from the cart which is when the cart's wheels ran his legs over," Sebjorn said.

(The video has no captions but there is no dialogue. It's mostly people yelling stuff in the distance that I can't sort out. You can see the guide fall and get run over while the tourists jump out of the carriage.)

http://www.live5news.com/story/3546...s-horses-causing-driver-to-fall-in-charleston

Poor guide and horses. :(

Thinking about how stupid was this "dinosaur" person! :mad:

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

Police say someone in a dinosaur suit spooked carriage horses causing the driver to fall on the street in downtown Charleston Thursday afternoon.

Officials with the Charleston Police Department say the incident happened around 5:30 p.m. in the area of Church and Linguard streets.

According to a report, the person in the dinosaur costume was walking on the sidewalk on Church Street just ahead of the carriage.

Police say when the carriage got to 160 Church St. the person in the costume began to make growling noises at the horse. This spooked the horses and they began backing up, according to police

The carriage then struck an unoccupied vehicle and caused minor damage to its bumper.

"The driver then lost his balance and fell off the carriage. A wheel on the carriage rolled over one of his legs resulting in him being transported to Roper Hospital with minor injuries," CPD officials said.

A police report states none of the passengers on the carriage or the horses were injured.

Anyone with information about this incident can call 843-743-7200 for the on duty CPD detective.

Video captured by Desmond Sebjornson shows the carriage horses in the middle of the road as the driver falls from the carriage.

"I pulled up to a stop sign and noticed a pedestrian in a full body T-Rex costume and went to take a picture of it," Sebjornson said."I looked down the street and saw the horses begin to panic and backpedal, obviously in fear of the T-Rex costume."

According to Sebjornson, that's when the horses tried to turn around on the road, rocking the cart from side to side.

"At some point the tour guide fell from the cart which is when the cart's wheels ran his legs over," Sebjorn said.

(The video has no captions but there is no dialogue. It's mostly people yelling stuff in the distance that I can't sort out. You can see the guide fall and get run over while the tourists jump out of the carriage.)

http://www.live5news.com/story/3546...s-horses-causing-driver-to-fall-in-charleston

Poor guide and horses. :(
Dumbass!

Back