What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I am in Illinois so not threatened by any of the current fires but keep seeing on TV about sudden notices to get out. That makes me wonder if many people are packing up even if not threatened now so they can leave at a moments notice if a new one starts or one moves a different way than it had been.

People tend to think the fire wont come, but they always do. Some choose to stay and protect their home by spraying water. The winds are extremely unpredictable in California. You never know when the fire shifts. They spread rapidly where they cannot be accessed by the forest service to fight fires. Blame the mismanagements and overregulation to the federal agencies in California and Bill Clinton's Roadless Rule to allow horrible fires to happen.

I am in Illinois so not threatened by any of the current fires but keep seeing on TV about sudden notices to get out. That makes me wonder if many people are packing up even if not threatened now so they can leave at a moments notice if a new one starts or one moves a different way than it had been.
My daughter lives in San Jose. There is a fire to the east of them, that is now 94% contained. When it first started they went into "be prepared to evacuate" mode. Luckily the fire did not reach San Jose, though some areas on the east side were evacuated.

California wildfires since the last century.... top 10 largest wildfires listed.

Well, smoke from our Western fires has just reached the East coast!!

Whatever gave you that idea?
In an old thread you must of been conversing with our Auzy friend, it takes me at least 6 months daily to remember something, part of my neurological deficiency, I think I'm getting better, I'm sure I'll know as soon as you tell me ;)

I hope Cam Newton gets well soon! On to the Buccaneers :D

I'm thinking there is a breach at Sorenson Communication. I kept receiving videophone calls from a couple who are members of Jehovah's Witness. I asked them how they got my local phone number and they said Kingdom Hall. I questioned further How the Kingdom Hall did get my phone number and they replied- God. Whoever from Kingdom Hall must have gotten a list of phone numbers from Sorenson Communication. They asked me how I was doing and told them I voted and their reactions are priceless.

I'm thinking there is a breach at Sorenson Communication. I kept receiving videophone calls from a couple who are members of Jehovah's Witness. I asked them how they got my local phone number and they said Kingdom Hall. I questioned further How the Kingdom Hall did get my phone number and they replied- God. Whoever from Kingdom Hall must have gotten a list of phone numbers from Sorenson Communication. They asked me how I was doing and told them I voted and their reactions are priceless.

I've had quite a few missed calls from JW people. I just ignore them and blocked their number, that was like 1-2 years ago and I haven't gotten another message since. I've had one came to my front door a few times and I politely told them I'm not interested and after a few occurrence, I told them I will call the police for harassment. That's when they stopped coming to my door.

I've had quite a few missed calls from JW people. I just ignore them and blocked their number, that was like 1-2 years ago and I haven't gotten another message since. I've had one came to my front door a few times and I politely told them I'm not interested and after a few occurrence, I told them I will call the police for harassment. That's when they stopped coming to my door.
I didn't block the couple. They are just sweet but naive. Someone from kingdom hall made a copy of the list and that is unethical. That bothers me.

I am thinking about AD member and her fragile mind now since the news reported a murderer of Meredith Kercher was released from prison.

how great it is that my back only hurts a little in this cold weather and I'm still able to function, if I can keep this up will be 1st year in a row not have to go back in hospital :fingersx:

gathering ideas for Christmas gift. Not easy to get a Christmas gift for your parents in law and your parents when they have everything.

Back