What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Jane B.

I am in Illinois so not threatened by any of the current fires but keep seeing on TV about sudden notices to get out. That makes me wonder if many people are packing up even if not threatened now so they can leave at a moments notice if a new one starts or one moves a different way than it had been.

Barbaro

People tend to think the fire wont come, but they always do. Some choose to stay and protect their home by spraying water. The winds are extremely unpredictable in California. You never know when the fire shifts. They spread rapidly where they cannot be accessed by the forest service to fight fires. Blame the mismanagements and overregulation to the federal agencies in California and Bill Clinton's Roadless Rule to allow horrible fires to happen.

LoveBlue

I am in Illinois so not threatened by any of the current fires but keep seeing on TV about sudden notices to get out. That makes me wonder if many people are packing up even if not threatened now so they can leave at a moments notice if a new one starts or one moves a different way than it had been.
My daughter lives in San Jose. There is a fire to the east of them, that is now 94% contained. When it first started they went into "be prepared to evacuate" mode. Luckily the fire did not reach San Jose, though some areas on the east side were evacuated.