Wearing dead relative's undergarments??

katz4life

Reaction score
I wonder if that is normal to collect and wear clothes especially undergarments (bras, underwears, briefs, boxers, thermal longjohns) after a relative's passing? I have went to Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers and I don't recall seeing the undergarments section. I do not know how should I react/feel about someone I know is actually wearing his recently deceased father's cotton briefs. Of course they are washed and clean.

I like to think people wouldn't ever wear used under garments from someone else, deceased or not. Ew.

Emotionally someone may not be ready to let used garments go. I can see someone wearing a deceased relative's shirt but not their underwear...

I always buy them new from the retail stores or online.

It is not a good idea to have to used underwear, bras and even undershirts because there might be diseases in them. I would not want to use them. I preferred buying new underwear, bras and undershirt. Not sure if that is okay to use them when someone passed away or when someone want to get rid of them (Goodwill) instead of throwing them in the garbage bin. If there were good socks, then you can give away to Goodwill, I think. It is the same with shoes. I would not want to buy or get used shoes because they had already worn out in the bottom of the shoes inside and outside. I would rather buy new shoes for comfort.

I cant imagine buying used undergarments but for people who are very very very poor, they probably have no choice and are probably grateful for whatever they can afford. I have seen people buying underwear at the thrift store. Those people looked like they live a rough life.

:barf: used underwear from someone else ? alive or dead.. no thanks!!!
I rather keep mine till its falls apart by threads before i wear a USED undies.

sharing lovers undies is a different story though... dont you think?:shock:

I have one of my dad shirt but I never wore it, I just wanted something that he wore. When a person die in a nursing home the family will not want the clothes so the nursing home will save all the nice clothes and have a yard sale.
Or they'll give it away to Goodwill. I guess if people are too poor to buy clothes they'll keep their dead relatives underwear.
We did not keep my mom underwear or any of her clothing's.

I cant imagine buying used undergarments but for people who are very very very poor, they probably have no choice and are probably grateful for whatever they can afford. I have seen people buying underwear at the thrift store. Those people looked like they live a rough life.

When I was college we had to go homeless shelters and one homeless man gave us a tour of his home . He was so graceful for being off the street and when he showed us the office he said" And here is our beautiful filing cabinets"
The filing cabinets were metal cabinets that you can buy in any office store but they were very special to that man . Everything he show us "was beautiful" , the beds , tables , it was very touching to me to see how graceful this man was for not living on the streets anymore.

:barf: used underwear from someone else ? alive or dead.. no thanks!!!
I rather keep mine till its falls apart by threads before i wear a USED undies.

sharing lovers undies is a different story though... dont you think?:shock:

If you try on pants in the store you have no idea if the last person had on underwear and if they did were the underwear clean . :hmm: I think I will never want to try on pants again.

I won't wear used underwear of anyone, but I like some regular thrift clothes.

What is the problem with using them if they are the right size? Family laundry usually includes things from several family members.

Even from a stranger what is the problem once they have been washed?

They also make good wiping rags, if they are cheap enough. Take them home, wash and bleach them and you've got good rags for whatever.

I think more people would be apt to buy them for that reason, rather than wearing.

Lots of times too, the underwear is new and never worn, because of wrong size or something along those lines.

Even from a stranger what is the problem once they have been washed?

Health risks. I'm not wearing another female's old underwear where their vaginal area has left discharge or whatever. I don't care how clean they are.

Unless someone is in a situation like shel90 mentioned...I can't see it someone wearing washed underwear. (Of course, there is always the person with an underwear fetish I guess too..)

Wearing a deceased love one's shirt or thrift shopping is different than wearing their underwear.

I read somewhere that there are women selling their used underwears through craiglist and making tons of money because the people who buy them have fetishes for wearing used women's undies. That's too creepy for me. lol

I read somewhere that there are women selling their used underwears through craiglist and making tons of money because the people who buy them have fetishes for wearing used women's undies. That's too creepy for me. lol

Unwashed undies?

:ugh2:

I pity the poor mail carriers . I thought it was illegal to send toxic items through the mail .

Hi, I am back. Interesting to see a mixed of opinions and perspectives here. I did not want to hurt his feelings just because it's all 'new' and unusual to me since I have not personally known anyone who is close to me that would wear a recently deceased relative's briefs and ahem, socks. He said that he has washed them twice in a very hot water with some bleach. Said feeling comfortable and they all fit for him. *shrugs*

Back