Using MMS after BB upgrade

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a question or two I hope you all can help me answer. I have Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330. Last Friday night I downloaded and installed/upgraded my software to Sprints 4.5 software. I noticed that it came with MMS capability!(using their mobile number only) I was like yah!! Saturday morning I tested with a few of my friends on Sprint network, cingular network, altell network and a bunch of others. I was able to send pictures via mms with no problem!! (before I could not even do that at all!! Had to use 12345@whatevercarrier.com for example)

Anyways...I was able to get pictures from them (when before I couldn't) and I could send pictures to them (before I couldn't) by using MMS or their mobile phone numbers only. Yah it worked great! By Saturday afternoon...it seemed like everything stopped. When I try to send pix or whatever, I get the "waiting clock" for it to send. I waited for hours to send and it wont send. I tried all weekend, but it wont send. hmmm

My question - isnt MMS part of the Sprint Relay data plan?? I thought MMS was like SMS (text). Am I mistaken? Any ideas what I should do? Battery pull? Take to Sprint Store and ask them whats up?? :hmm::hmm:

Thanks in advance!!

I checked my sprint bill online and discovered that when you upgrade to the sprints bb 4.5 version, it comes with MMS capability. You can send pictures to other phones like how hearings do with their phone. Anyways...I found out I was charged $2.40 for 12 pictures. Means I was charged for receiving pictures from people and charged for sending pictures.

I called Sprint and raised he** cuz if MMS is part of SMS (text) why I am being charged for it? They said MMS is picture mail and it is just an add-on feature if you want it. They said it is $5 dollar unlimited pictures that you can send to hearing phones or phones that is not BB or whatever and to other carriers. I thought about it....and said $5 dollar is cheap cuz I send and receive MANY pictures from my friends. To make my $5 worth it, I just need to send/receive 25 pictures. I can do that in 1 week! No problem!! So just warn you if you use MMS and send pictures..they will charge you 20 cents per picture unless you call and add the $5 picture mail unlimited.

To me..worth it!! juts my 2 cents.

Thanks for the above post. This confirmed what I thought. Just got a BB Curve 8330 with Sprint and also did the 4.5 upgrade. Was wondering why my I got .20 charges on my online account statement after sending an MMS (picture mail). I wasn't sure if MMS was included since we have unlimited data and SMS. Seemed logical to have MMS included with that unlimited plan, but, apparently it is separate add-on plan. Hmm.... I am not sure I want to pay $5 when I can send pixs to my BB Messenger contacts for free, plus you can always add pixs to your email (attach them) and shoot them off for free, too.

Thanx for the info, I was wondering what MMS stands for in my BB Curve!!?? :confused: So glad that you warned us, BB Users about the fees!! Yike! :eek2:

Catty

I am not sure I want to pay $5 when I can send pixs to my BB Messenger contacts for free, plus you can always add pixs to your email (attach them) and shoot them off for free, too.

This is true...you can send pixs to people with your email. I discovered that certain carriers do not support pix emails on their phones or certain phones. Quite a few friends of mine who have regular flip or razor phones....they can not receive my email pix or they can not send to my BB. This was difficult as I had to do it like 123456789@messaging.whatevercarrier.com for example. It did not ALWAYS work...I got frustrated.

Now that I have MMS....it works out perfectly for me. I can send pix by email to friends (phones) who can support (receive it) AND send MMS to any phones that support MMS. I can ALSO receive pixs from anyone now regardless of the carrier. WHEW!! Best of both worlds for me.

Hmm.. maybe $5.00 for unlimited MMS isn't so bad after all. I didn't know that some carriers/phones will not accept emails with pictures. Does Sprint really only charge $5/mo for unlimted MMS?

I am just glad that Sprint had finally joined all the other carriers and allowed us the option to use MMS via the 4.5 O/S upgrade. Took long enough, but at least they came through.

Hmm.. maybe $5.00 for unlimited MMS isn't so bad after all. I didn't know that some carriers/phones will not accept emails with pictures. Does Sprint really only charge $5/mo for unlimted MMS?

I am just glad that Sprint had finally joined all the other carriers and allowed us the option to use MMS via the 4.5 O/S upgrade. Took long enough, but at least they came through.

When I called and spoke with a Sprint Rep...I asked like 3 times if I had unlimited MMS pictures and the rep joked by saying "if you want to take 60000 photos in one month, go ahead and do it. You will only be charged $5 for it. So in order to "meet your $5" you need to take at least 25 pictures in 1 month then everything else is considered free"

So..I took like 50 pictures in less than a week and I went to check my online account...sure enough it showed how many pictures I received and sent...and shows Charge: unlimited.

Anyways...have a great day! :D

I just got mine today and I dont really send or received pix so I dont have to worry about it but if I do then I will send it out thru email. It is easier for me.

I don't really understand why its a separate charge for mms. Mms is considered data and should be covered under an unlimited data and txt plan.

Back