Union group storms into a Walmart

Typical union bullying tactics only with choreography.

Well, from what I've heard, Walmart workers work very hard with low pay....and if any worker was fired just for joining the Union...that is very wrong.

Seems this injustice is still going on....even from the 60's...as I was threated myself when I considered joining the Printer's Union where I worked.

Well, from what I've heard, Walmart workers work very hard with low pay....and if any worker was fired just for joining the Union...that is very wrong.

Seems this injustice is still going on....even from the 60's...as I was threated myself when I considered joining the Printer's Union where I worked.

I think Walmart bans unions.

Not surprised - Walmart and nearly all retailers detest the unions.

I have problem with union's "gimme, gimme, gimme" that employers no longer to afford and eventually run out of business.

Yes, that's true, I'm former employee at Walmart and I worked very hard to meet manager's demand.

I thought that form the unions were great idea but I have mixed feeling because some unions are corrupted and "gimme, gimme, gimme".

Own the business can be very hard for sure.

Wirelessly posted

Bosses can be intimidating also with their... You either work on Thanksgiving and Christmas day, or you are fired attitude. The Union protects workers that are overworked and underpaid. Walmart can afford to pay people better. It is all about GREED with large chained businesses.

Wirelessly posted

Bosses can be intimidating also with their... You either work on Thanksgiving and Christmas day, or you are fired attitude. The Union protects workers that are overworked and underpaid. Walmart can afford to pay people better. It is all about GREED with large chained businesses.

Agreed.....

Wirelessly posted

Labor union is all about protecting employees' rights.

Walmart is popular due to its low prices. Suppose, there is an union for Walmart employees. They get better pay/benefits, etc. So Walmart would be no longer able to sell at low prices, therefore it becomes less popular while CEOs still make big money.

And sometimes telling union members on how to vote....
Well, I worked for a union in the 1980's. They did encourage us to vote for the Dems, although several union members voted for Reps due to NRA mandate, but a funny thing happened; our company president held a manditory meeting. He gave a 45 minute diatribe on how Dems were destroying the country, and how a vote for Bush would save our jobs. Bush won, and our jobs were gone two years later. I guess he didn't have all the facts. Just wanted to sell his business with lower tax implications. Go figure, a Conservative with a "me first" attitude.

Carry on. Walmart workers are actually doing quite well. They get free food from your taxes. No need to unionize.

If Walmart workers earn less per hour and have terrible working conditions, why do they work there instead of other retail stores? Are the working conditions and wages at union retail stores so much better?

If Walmart workers joined a union this week, what kind of new benefits would they get? What would change for them (other than having to pay union dues)?

If Walmart workers earn less per hour and have terrible working conditions, why do they work there instead of other retail stores? Are the working conditions and wages at union retail stores so much better?

If Walmart workers joined a union this week, what kind of new benefits would they get? What would change for them (other than having to pay union dues)?
How do you think they feel when they make $10 per hr for five years or so? There is no union to help them so that's why Walmart doesn't care about them living a hard life.

How do you think they feel when they make $10 per hr for five years?

At least THEY have a job. I'd gladly take a job that pays $5 per hr because it's so hard to find a job these days. Any job is better than none at all.

Back