Troy Davis put to death

Well, as a native typically when someone say's we're backwards that is what they are referring to.
I've had to deal with a lot of out of state people who just don't understand that those of us in the city are not...we're not inbred :)

I do agree that for the most part yes there are some parts of georgia that still hold racist attitudes. My fathers mother was one actually and because of my husband being half white half pakistani it was suggested he not meet her...when the older folks die off I'm hoping that some of the attitudes will dissipate but sadly it's passed down from family to family.

no offense to to the anyone but I do have a lot of southern pride and am proud to be a southern belle...
a big button was pushed...

I actually dreamed about marrying a Southern belle - regardless of skin color and race :)

nothing can beat its culture, hospitality, and food. I've lived in Virginia for a few years and I've traveled southern areas many times. I've repeatedly told my Northern friends that Southern states are not as racist and backward as they thought they are. They finally got a taste of it when we went on road trip to Florida from New York. and a vacation in New Orleans. Now they understood but it's still very difficult to get over their preconceived notion about Southerners.

I had a speech therapist that was a hillbilly , she put herself through collage , she had all her teeth! She was a great speech therapist and was not a scum! I had her at a private school in Boston, Ma.

There are different types. Good ole' country folks who make something of themselves I like. Your therapist I have a lot of respect for.

The kind I'm referring to is very similar to larry the cable guy...
oh yes...they do exist. I've met a few. To me that is hillbilly scum.
Not people like your therapist.

I do...I've seen it with my own eyes and been a part of it sadly because of my husband.
it's pathetic.
I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience.

lol it wasn't a horrible experience but just that my 6th sense is telling me to get outta there before the White Horsemen come :lol:

ALL possibilities were explored. He was given stay, after stay, after stay. One court upheld the sentence, then a second independent court upheld it, all the way to the Supreme Court which upheld it. Ever heard of Double Jeopardy? The state gets one, AND ONLY ONE, try. This guy got so many, many trys and the taxpayers got got the bill.
There was not any DNA evidence that ties Davis to the crime! The cop famliy have no way of knowing if Davis was the right guy, I saw the mother on TV and she was more concerned about having the case closed than wondering if the cop had the right man! If that was my child I would want to made damn sure the right person was caught! I could never live with myself if the wrong man was killed! And you better be careful and do not get caught around a crime scene , you could be found guilty, and who will believe other wise!

lol it wasn't a horrible experience but just that my 6th sense is telling me to get outta there before the White Horsemen come :lol:

Ya know I had a friend that was coming back from AL heading into GA and she saw a KKK rally. It wasn't in GA and this was in the middle of nowhere close to the AL/GA line. I ain't ( yep, it's a word here ), I AIN'T knocking AL but....:eek3:

I see what you're saying though.

The worst of the racism and legal inequities based on race don't come from the hillbillies. We all know what to expect from them. They are very overt about it. The worst effects are coming from the educated and elite that refuse to take the time to look at the ways they support social policies that are racist in nature.

I can agree with this provided that I'm left out of it. :D It's not just Georgia that has this problem.
There are a handful of other states, heck if not the entire U.S.A that has this issue, sadly.

I can agree with this provided that I'm left out of it. :D It's not just Georgia that has this problem.
There are a handful of other states, heck if not the entire U.S.A that has this issue, sadly.

I've been to a lot of states and can attest the worst case of racism I've seen was in Vermont, not in the South. Racism is everywhere.

The worst of the racism and legal inequities based on race don't come from the hillbillies. We all know what to expect from them. They are very overt about it. The worst effects are coming from the educated and elite that refuse to take the time to look at the ways they support social policies that are racist in nature.

The Boston cops in the 60's where some of the worst racists cops I had meet!
I had ran into racists from all walks of life and some of them where not elite or involve in social policies . To me racists of any class is dangerous, they all spread hate and fear and ignorant!

Did I say anything about troy davis deserving to die? I find it highly offensive that you pretty much just called me a racist. I am not some bumf*** hillbilly who lives in the mountains with no teeth and without a proper education that feels that due to being white all blacks are worthless. Just because I'm from the south it doesn't automatically mean I'm a racist. We've been dragging down this country for years? How so? Look dude, to single out an entire state due to the actions of a few is just wrong. There are many of us in GA who feel the same as you do-that this man did not deserve to die. I actually loathe the red-necks around here to like to fly their little rebel flag and live in trailers...those are the ones that are the problem NOT the city dwellers who were raised to treat everyone as an equal.

how dare you compare me to those hillbilly scum.

I live in a mobile home... and live in the south.. Your post was just as offensive. Not everyone that lives in a mobile home, is a racist ..dumb hillbilly or redneck either.

Any type of stereotyping is an insult to any culture or race.

There's always a way to offend someone, no matter what.

Yes, and if he had been white, he would have been off after the first stay.

You are just unbelievable!! Have you even been paying attention to the posts here and in the paper and on the news??

A WHITE GUY was put to death for his crime just hours before Davis was put to death for his. You are just unbelievable.

Everything's frickin' unbelievable... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! *dramatic music intensifying*

Did I say anything about troy davis deserving to die? I find it highly offensive that you pretty much just called me a racist. I am not some bumf*** hillbilly who lives in the mountains with no teeth and without a proper education that feels that due to being white all blacks are worthless. Just because I'm from the south it doesn't automatically mean I'm a racist. We've been dragging down this country for years? How so? Look dude, to single out an entire state due to the actions of a few is just wrong. There are many of us in GA who feel the same as you do-that this man did not deserve to die. I actually loathe the red-necks around here to like to fly their little rebel flag and live in trailers...those are the ones that are the problem NOT the city dwellers who were raised to treat everyone as an equal.

how dare you compare me to those hillbilly scum.

Lady, get a grip. Did I say YOU personally? Did I quote your post and direct my comment at you? I am directing this at the entire state of Georgia, and yes, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, even if YOU personally are not one of the contributors.

We all know what kind of place Georgia is and its history. Institutional racism is still rampant in Georgia, and this man, Troy Davis, died because of that. Troy Davis's court docket is titled "State of Georgia v. Troy Davis." Well an innocent man was murdered by the state of Georgia, YOUR STATE, last night.

You are just unbelievable!! Have you even been paying attention to the posts here and in the paper and on the news??

A WHITE GUY was put to death for his crime just hours before Davis was put to death for his. You are just unbelievable.

The "WHITE GUY" was in a different state and was 100% guilty, without a shadow of a doubt, of a horrendous crime. WTF does that have anything to do with Troy Davis?

Have you been paying attention to the world? Do you ever pay attention to anything outside the little tunnel you live in?

Last edited:

So? The white guy got what was coming to him. Troy died for a crime he didn't commit.

The "WHITE GUY" was in a different state and was 100% guilty, without a shadow of a doubt, of a horrendous crime. WTF does that have anything to do with Troy Miller?

Have you been paying attention to the world? Do you ever pay attention to anything outside the little tunnel you live in?

Miller!?! You are unbelievable.

Back