Thread Hijacking

It means like a member would come in and go off point that holds no bare with the topic at hand, more like going off topic, Turning the thread around to the wrong direction. Sometimes it'll go in flame war, sometimes the thread is no longer good to read, more like it died. ;)

In another word, a member would hog a thread and turn it into a pieces of shit thread. Lol! I hope that clears it up for you. :giggle:

Ohh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifyin' that for me. Gee - at first, I thought someone was stealin' a thread when I read DreamDeaf's first post sayin' " Hijack " :ugh:

Well, no one is perfect about goin' off topic when someone sometimes think of somethin' else, I mean a very " small " somethin' else that may be related to topic... goin' off topic could happen sometimes. They couldn't help it. Everythin' are in chain from one another. It happened to me, too. Gee * rme at myself * But, oh well -- I am not perfect, either. LOL I hope that DreamDeaf understands. :D

Sometimes, by goin' off topic is harmless, but also need to take it easy. *sigh* I guess, every one has their own PMS problem sometimes ! :giggle:

Well, no one is perfect about goin' off topic when someone sometimes think of somethin' else, I mean a very " small " somethin' else that may be related to topic... ..........

Not when member intend to do it on purpose for their own pleasure, by repeating the same thing over and over when it has nothing to do with the question that been asked in the first place by the creater of the thread, especially when the creater has already told the member several times that this has nothing to do with the question they asked....

Its disrespectful and tasteless period

Well, how would you know that if a member intent to do it on purpose for their own pleasure ? Maybe, they are tryin' to say very " specific " reason to explain when or why the question is bein' asked ? :dunno: Sometimes, they THINK it has somethin' to do behind the question that may be could be involved. It's why the explanation needs to bring up to clarify that. And, of course it doesn't mean that its disrespectful or tasteless. It's the creator's responsibility to explain what he/or she is lookin' for ... to see, if they agree or disagree about somethin' or to see, if they have any suggestion or offer... advice/or give a link or 2 to give some ideas from the websites.

For instance : I don't like the idea when someone says " it's none of your business " when I didn't ask what it is for. It's very disrespectful when someone says that. If, someone is askin' for your " personal " reason, then you could say " I don't want to give out my personal reason ... I am sorry " in a nice way. You don't have to use my words like this, but you can use your own words to say in a nice way. Somethin' that will NOT push their buttons to make them to say more and... this will lead to " off topic ".

And, of course a 3rd party is not supposed to be involved with the 2 parties... it will lead to " off topic " too. I don't like a 3rd party, because sometimes, it will bring conflict and misunderstandin'. Leave 2 parties alone to solve it themselves, if they both have any issue to ask each other to explain. A 3rd party jump in between those 2 parties is a :nono: It will piss me off. I am just lika a crab that will bite !

[edit] :changed my mind, not going to hijacking DreamDeaf's thread:

I still have some questions for DreamDeaf concernin' thread hijackin'.

here is your reward for :topic:

:whip:

:lol:

back on topic

yep,I sometimes posted off topic but it wasn't intentionally. As in daily life, it's hard to keep posts on topics in the way they should be . I find it natural .
LOL! Highlands...here's another guilty one....so whip me! :bowdown:
I admit i have done my share of going off topic at times, bad
habit of mine..solly!! so whip me again! lol!:whip:

LOL! Highlands...here's another guilty one....so whip me! :bowdown:
I admit i have done my share of going off topic at times, bad
habit of mine..solly!! so whip me again! lol!:whip:

hmmm... That would be wonderful to :whip: you :fingersx:

:whip::whip::whip: to Defee

:whistle:

Huh ? You mean someone steal a thread ? :ugh:
:bump: Cyberred :P, Yeah sort of.. Like for instance, You who is trying to hijack this thread into your belief of Christian/ Bible which is not relate this thread instead of create your own thread for that.... it is not your thread... DreamDeaf s thread... ;)

Yes Most populars who love to hijack or steal other's thread change into the hijacker's own whole topic itself rather than create own new thread. the HiJacker who trying to destory other's thread once hijacker hijacked and make mod locked other's thread up period. because of the expert hijackers looking for hijack other's new thread anytime, they know how to hijack others's topic flip into his or her own instead of creator's thread.... :pissed:

Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source
hijack
1923, Amer.Eng., from high(way) + jacker "one who holds up." Originally "to rob (a bootlegger, smuggler, etc.) in transit;" sense of "seizing an aircraft in flight" is 1968 (also in 1961 variant skyjack), extended 1970s to any form of public transportation.

this is a must read;
Reference.com/Encyclopedia/Thread hijacking
Thread hijacking

Thread hijacking is the act of trying to steer a web forum discussion thread off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.
While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental - caused by other participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter. The results, whilst sometimes humorous or otherwise interesting, often provoke a feeling of resentment from the author of the original post.

maybe a good analogy

a person get on a plane and wait for a while then start taking over and demand the pilot to fly to different location than the flight is supposed to go to. that is hijacking.
but thread hijacking, someone come in and post a throwaway post that cause us to go different way than the creator of the thread intended to.

Boult said:
a person get on a plane and wait for a while then start taking over and demand the pilot to fly to different location than the flight is supposed to go to. that is hijacking.
but thread hijacking, someone come in and post a throwaway post that cause us to go different way than the creator of the thread intended to.
Boult, excellent explain! Yes thats exactly. Plus hijacker want to robbing creator's thread into Hijack's own nightmare discuss of topic-off which is oppose creator's topic in different direction. ;)

good posting DD i can understand the concept of this and i have been seen bare witness to several threads being hijacked and ofc trollings as well, common sense shld prevail and attidutes should desist as soon as possible to prevent flame wars.

no one shld apologise for this they shld act upon it and respect the orginator's of the thread and stick with the subject thats why there is a thread * talk about anything anything goes* thread this way no one's steering from thread topics that needs an feedback and or a lively debates that STICKS to the debates and not straying. and also flaming on someone's past isn't going to change a damn thing, its been done theres nothing to do to change it, move on.

Last edited:
Back