Those of you who have SSI/SSDI

If this message was for ladysolitary85, she can't contact SSA until she gets a second notice. She recently received the first notice which stated that she will receive a second notice explaining their decision soon.

http://www.alldeaf.com/2259987-post7.html

Read the fourth paragraph in the attachment.

I saw it. she could have called, and get some more explaination instead of asking us. Some claims representatives do have patiences wiht cliamants, not all of them. eh.

I saw it. she could have called, and get some more explaination instead of asking us. Some claims representatives do have patiences wiht cliamants, not all of them. eh.
I understand. She made this thread because she wants to know if any one of you have the same issue before and she hopes to hear that those who got the same letter had positive results. I guess she's very worried about it.

I understand. She made this thread because she wants to know if any one of you have the same issue before and she hopes to hear that those who got the same letter had positive results. I guess she's very worried about it.

Yes I can understand that but every cases are different. She should not be afraid of SSA because its claimants rights to know their own records. Nothing else.

Do you mean that you never applied for SSDI and yet you got a letter which stated that your SSDI was denied in March 2010? Maybe your mother did that for you?

No, my mother didn't have my permission to apply and she NEVER touch my SS.

The representative at SS office did it after I asked them to have SSI reinstated after resign from Walmart due to disability and they went check with SSDI.

Financially, which is better to get, SSI or SSDI?
SSDI pays more to a person who had worked long enough to earn credits (paid SS taxes) before s/he becomes disabled regardless of one's finance, thus SSI pays less to disabled people or 65+ people (with no or low income only) who had never worked or has worked with a small pay but doesn't earn enough credits for SSDI which is for disabled only. In other words, if people who are 62 or older work and become disabled later, they are not eligible for SSDI but SSA will pay them SS retirement benefits instead.

SSDI pays more to a person who had worked long enough to earn credits (paid SS taxes) before s/he becomes disabled regardless of one's finance, thus SSI pays less to disabled people or 65+ people (with no or low income only) who had never worked or has worked with a small pay but doesn't earn enough credits for SSDI which is for disabled only. In other words, if people who are 62 or older work and become disabled later, they are not eligible for SSDI but SSA will pay them SS retirement benefits instead.
Thank you.

I JUST got approved for SSI!!!! I have an appointment to get everything set up!!!

My big advice, save everything paper work and file in your cabinet in order. SS office often got misplaced paperworks.. if they ask you again, copy them and give them without giving them the orginial papers.

My big advice, save everything paper work and file in your cabinet in order. SS office often got misplaced paperworks.. if they ask you again, copy them and give them without giving them the orginial papers.

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to start a file cabinet on any important paperworks. I'm still kinda shocked I got approved! I can breathe now and go to school take up ASL classes!

ASL classes aren't necessarily always for hearing people. Deaf people who have never learned signs take them or the late deafened.

Pretty much said that all for me lol. I'm still jumping up and down :D

Back