THE IP-Relay LIST

I didn't know there was more IP-Relay than that. I knew there was two which I use now AT&T RelayCall, before I used MCI IP-Relay. ;)

Mark Rejhon said:
Wireless IP-Relay Services

"Ohh, what about AIM Relays?" was my next question after your first post, but you obviously already answered my question! ;) Thanks!

Lormar sent me a note that they were bought out/bought HIP and to use HIPRelay instead of Lormar TTY/Mobile TTY

I usually use AT&T RelayCall most of times, but will use HipRelay or SipRelay sometimes.

I think I like SipRelay a little better because one of the operators told me that I didn't have to type 'GA' when I hit the return button.

PeteEMT said:
Lormar sent me a note that they were bought out/bought HIP and to use HIPRelay instead of Lormar TTY/Mobile TTY
So did the buy-out effect the Hamilton Communications' division to move its center to Knoxville, Tenn., where Lomar supposedly is based? If so, I suppose the operators are hired locally?

I think I like i711.com better...it seems easier to use (and you can customize it so you don't have to type out same instructions over again and again each time you make a relay call.)

Brian said:
I usually use AT&T RelayCall most of times, but will use HipRelay or SipRelay sometimes.

I think I like SipRelay a little better because one of the operators told me that I didn't have to type 'GA' when I hit the return button.
HIPRelay doesn't require the GA either, I tend to use it a lot because of that.

As for the buyout/hiring thing, no idea.

We just had a townhall meeting yesterday with Hamilton Relay (HIPrelay). They told us about their profile feature you can set and they will conduct calls the way you want it. "Relay your way" Even EnglishTTY-to-SpanishV and vice-versa, etc.

They also showed up wireless relay: wireless AIM buddy (HIP Relay) and WAP enabled cellphones including Blackberry's. I tried WAP on my BB 7290 http://207.91.17.54/wrelay.asp (URL only works on WAP accessable equipment) and it worked out okay. The speed of the wireless call probably won't make ordering pizza while at Lookout Park a success, but your friends and family would aprreciate being in touch.

I was just happy to be able to use a relay service on the BB without installing a third-party application such as VeriChat, or IM+, since my carrier charges for additional data used through other apps even though our BB plan is "unlimited".

Hamilton also has the free D-Link program too.

Steve

Back