The BookEnd Cafe

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
We recently purchase a beach house in DE (Shelbysville, DE), just north of MD state line. So, we are here this weekend and we decided to take a tour around the city. I asked my sister about nearest free available Wifi and she pointed out it just around the corner of our beach house. Since our beach house, we don't have internet available yet. We will get it eventually.

So we found this place called "The BookEnd Cafe" on Coastal Highway. As soon we ordered coffee and muffins, we asked a woman who own this place a few questions, we happen to noticed that she signed "have", then she signed "Thank you". So, I asked her "you know sign?" She suddenly signed fluently and said "yes I taught deaf school for 10 years". I said..wow! It's great to have someone know sign that work in Cafe! So, we chatted a bit and she gave me the passcode to access the internet.

So, it was a nice suprised for the weekend! We will come here often to use the internet!!

Thought to let you all know that we have deaf freiendly cafe service!!

We recently purchase a beach house in DE (Shelbysville, DE), just north of MD state line. So, we are here this weekend and we decided to take a tour around the city. I asked my sister about nearest free available Wifi and she pointed out it just around the corner of our beach house. Since our beach house, we don't have internet available yet. We will get it eventually.

So we found this place called "The BookEnd Cafe" on Coastal Highway. As soon we ordered coffee and muffins, we asked a woman who own this place a few questions, we happen to noticed that she signed "have", then she signed "Thank you". So, I asked her "you know sign?" She suddenly signed fluently and said "yes I taught deaf school for 10 years". I said..wow! It's great to have someone know sign that work in Cafe! So, we chatted a bit and she gave me the passcode to access the internet.

So, it was a nice suprised for the weekend! We will come here often to use the internet!!

Thought to let you all know that we have deaf freiendly cafe service!!

^^Exactly why I promote signing to everyone. Never know what surprises you get.

Grats.

That's cool. Wonderful to make those connections and feel at home so quickly!

(How do you like your beach house? Is this a permanent move for you or is it a summer home only?)

That's cool. Wonderful to make those connections and feel at home so quickly!

(How do you like your beach house? Is this a permanent move for you or is it a summer home only?)

Yeah, it's nice to get to know the owner. The beach house is nice but in about 3 or 4 years, I'm planning to tear it down and rebuild it, with 3 floors house. It's all year around gateaway for all of our family who want to get the hell out of crazy metropolitian lifestyle.

Yeah, it's nice to get to know the owner. The beach house is nice but in about 3 or 4 years, I'm planning to tear it down and rebuild it, with 3 floors house. It's all year around gateaway for all of our family who want to get the hell out of crazy metropolitian lifestyle.

Maybe you will consider an ALLDEAF weekend some day? hint hint hint :giggle: :ty:

Last edited:
Bookend Cafe

I know and have visited Shelbyville many times. I have a famly member who lives there. smile. I don't know the Bookend Cafe?? What a nice retreat for the family, as you said the area is still small enough to really have a wonderful time. Internet is available there, check around. Congrats on the purchase.smile I wish you many happy visits...Peace, Midnight

I know and have visited Shelbyville many times. I have a famly member who lives there. smile. I don't know the Bookend Cafe?? What a nice retreat for the family, as you said the area is still small enough to really have a wonderful time. Internet is available there, check around. Congrats on the purchase.smile I wish you many happy visits...Peace, Midnight

Thanks, my father made mistake on selling the beach house in Ocean City 7 years ago. I just happen to bumped to one beach house for sale and the house itself is not bad at all, it sit very nice out to the bay, wide open. The only minor problem is the floor inside, it's all warped... due to foundation sinkage. It's a great deal and gotta have it. Then I will tear it down and rebuild it because the property is too valuable and perfect location.

Back