Thank you Larry Miller

hohDougRN

Reaction score
I found out few minutes ago that Larry Miller, owner of the Utah Jazz has passed away. For those of you who did not know this man personally, I truely wish you did.

What a great guy, a great friend, great businessman, with the most honest and virtuous character I have ever known.

Larry grew up here in Salt Lake City. He was a successful businessman and also loved sports, and competition. He owns 46 car dealerships in 6 states. He also owns a great franchise of movie theaters here. He was such a generous, emotional, and loving person. He is one of the biggest reasons of my love for basketball and especially the UTAH JAZZ.

I cannot say enough about how awesome his character is. The next game I go to is going to be very emotional, because he is part of a lot of memories of my young life. I made Energy solutions Arena for quite a few years my hang out place with friends. We went to so many games and had so much fun. After college and marriage, this continued for me and my spouse. She found a love for the Jazz and we held season tickets for a number of years.

Rest in Peace my friend....I'll see you again some day.

Doug, I am sorry to hear about the news about your favorite basketball team owner passed away. You have wonderful fond memories of being a part of UT Jazz and more.

Its awesome that he was a humble, well character, and all round man to everyone who knew him in the sports business and outside. I am sure, you will have a great time at the next Jazz game to pay tribute and respects to Mr. Larry Miller. I know you will always have UT Jazz close to your heart and home. :cheers: for all the wonderful memories that will not be forgotten!

Last edited:
Yes Larry Miller will be sadly missed. It is good thing that you keep his memory alive in every game you go to. I would show my pride in memory of Larry Miller if I were you. Like wearing a picture of him on t shirt (iron-ons), etc...You were lucky that you get to know him personally.

i still do miss my favorite players from the Patriots and other sports in the past who had passed away.

Back