Terribly lonely in Seattle

deaftears

Reaction score
Hi. I am a deaf man who is late deafened and who has been in Seattle ten years without ever finding a single friend. I am so lonely that I dread facing the coming day. Is there anyone who can tell me where on earth I might be able to go to find friendship in this bleak, bleak town?

Two intelligent, wise, caring individuals in just an hour of fishing. Looks like I came to a good connect.

My sister lives in Tacoma. She isn't deaf, but she is fluent in ASL. She is married and have 2 kids.

Thank you.

If there's a deaf community/ASL club in Tacoma, I'd love to know about it. I've given up hoping the deaf community will come to me, looks like I'd better go shopping for a deaf community or just be left out.

Welcome and yes you came to the right place for information. Good luck!!!

I think that Green Lake Meeting group looks good for me. Thanks for the lead. Someone tried to get me out there some time ago but that particular night didn't work for me. So glad to see it's a regular event.

I used to live in Seattle for a while. See if you can find someone who connects you with the deaf community within Microsoft. They are smart, well-connected, well-managed and usually pretty integrated with social life. They'll be able to push you further a bit. Sorry I can't provide any direct leads, but google around a bit and you probably will find a point of connection for the MS guys.

The people who work at Microfsoft are just like anyone else. Working for a paycheck and getting along in life. That includes Deaf people who work there.

If you don't want to talk to them because they work at Microsoft that's your choice, but remember, they are just people like you. Maybe you shouldn't be so critical about where they work, and be open to meeting people from anywhere.

I agree with that, in fact most people turn off to my ideas about what happened even if I don't put them in the boogeyman role.

Hi. I am a deaf man who is late deafened and who has been in Seattle ten years without ever finding a single friend. I am so lonely that I dread facing the coming day. Is there anyone who can tell me where on earth I might be able to go to find friendship in this bleak, bleak town?

A relationship is not a cure for depression. You need to take care of that before getting into a relationship with someone.

Really it seems to me that there is a balance in such issues. The absence of friendship is a legitimate grounds for being a little depressed and to think otherwise is poppycock.

I used to live in Seattle for a while. See if you can find someone who connects you with the deaf community within Microsoft. They are smart, well-connected, well-managed and usually pretty integrated with social life. They'll be able to push you further a bit. Sorry I can't provide any direct leads, but google around a bit and you probably will find a point of connection for the MS guys.

I once got a scholarship for Microsoft in Seattle. I don't even have to pay to anything.

But uhh I rejected it though. Who would want to work for Microsoft? (I was fervent anti-Microsoft back then...)

I once got a scholarship for Microsoft in Seattle. I don't even have to pay to anything.

But uhh I rejected it though. Who would want to work for Microsoft? (I was fervent anti-Microsoft back then...)

Would have been a real good deal.

100% free health insurance too. Even the expensive stuff.

Back