Terribly lonely in Seattle

You indicated that you are lonely because you became late deafened.

Therefore the solution is to find more friends.

Get in touch with the local Deaf community and start attending their events. (bring pen and paper, enroll in ASL courses)

That's not to say that that will necessarily resolve your depression. But surely it is part of the solution.

I vote for having friends, depression or not.

Yeah. At least you can find people to hang out with at these events. That's a start.

To be truthful many years ago I had a surprisingly nice time at the Gay club for the deaf that meets at Starbucks in Capitol Hill, despite being somewhat clumsily and militantly non-Gay. I thought they were without hang-ups, preconceptionless, not trying to put off any social ideas on me and I enjoyed mingling and talking but I never went back and the reason I tell myself is that the Seattle Gay situation isn't really that way and I didn't want to cheat myself of a nice memory by having it foiled by the reality about Seattle which is a twisted, crummy place.

I have been depressed for many years. I figured....only if I met someone, I would be happy. Yes, meeting someone is nice, but then you'll have to live with the person 24/7. You'll have to deal with depression with the person. It may bring the other person down with your depression.

You put the term depression off on me. I don't recall saying I was depressed. Nor would I agree that being friendless cannot cause legitimate feelings of depression.

To be truthful many years ago I had a surprisingly nice time at the Gay club for the deaf that meets at Starbucks in Capitol Hill, despite being somewhat clumsily and militantly non-Gay. I thought they were without hang-ups, preconceptionless, not trying to put off any social ideas on me and I enjoyed mingling and talking but I never went back and the reason I tell myself is that the Seattle Gay situation isn't really that way and I didn't want to cheat myself of a nice memory by having it foiled by the reality about Seattle which is a twisted, crummy place.

I thought you said Seattle is where they gay gangs that conspired against you were. That is pretty dangerous.

Peter Gabriel, obviously stressed that his Experience Park explanation for a premeditated AIDS testing ring wouldn't hold up began claiming that he was leeching me for dream theory and wanted my suffering on a comparative vector towards the humiliation and suffering of AIDS and the Gay control factor here said, "Neat, Pete, let's do it."

It's arguable that no one would dare start up a relationship with me due to the death sentence by The Stranger Newspaper.

But I have a question for Lew Lapham, Pitt, Bill Clinton and the others who pulled together lies to come up with the virginity rage cover up to explain Mt. Desert Island.

If you look at the case, Leslie Katz, Midori Goto and Rosa Monteleone were all uninjured, yet Shannon Harps was slashered to death promoting the idea that what Gabriel's basque did on Mt. Desert Island was necessary to public safety. How did such treacherous queers reach such lows in promoting those who started AIDS in the first place?

Hint: PG.

Volunteer work and an assoc. for latent deaf

Hi. I am a deaf man who is late deafened and who has been in Seattle ten years without ever finding a single friend. I am so lonely that I dread facing the coming day. Is there anyone who can tell me where on earth I might be able to go to find friendship in this bleak, bleak town?
Seattle used to be a home to both IBM and Microsoft (and what's left of Starbucks). Sorry you're lonely. I do understand as I am latent deaf as well. I found this website earlier today and emailed the contact for my area.

Welcome to ALDA!

When we first moved south from outside NYC, I found a .org place looking for a data entry person - volunteer. They're religious-based and I'm not and it didn't matter.

I went in and talked and took the job. I was in IT and data entry was a no brainer. I made it clear I wouldn't answer phones. They tried me (I doth protested) to do client intake but that was a little stupid :) . So, I did data entry and filing and people left things for me to do because I did the work fast.

There are volunteer jobs out there that don't require hearing.

Let us know how all this works out for you.

Back