Study Finds Minority Kids Paddled More

RedheadGrrl

Premium Member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Aug. 20) -- Paddlings, swats, licks. A quarter of a million schoolchildren got them last year -- and blacks, American Indians and kids with disabilities got a disproportionate share of the punishment, according to a study by a human rights group.

Even little kids can be paddled. Heather Porter, who lives in Crockett, Texas, was startled to hear her little boy, then 3, say he'd been spanked at school. Porter was never told, despite a policy at the public preschool that parents be notified.

Read more at the link below:
Study Finds Minority Kids Paddled More

Unfortunately, this study just confirms what we have known all along.:pissed:

ouch..... strange.. I never got paddled

when i was 8 i had a music class where the music teacher was this overweight oprah aunt jemimna looking beast. Just a huge massive black woman. Kids got out of line we'd see her stop playing piano, waltz on over and beat the crap out of people with her "rhythem stick". Personally i hoped she wouldnt eat me but goddamn some of these kids got the snot knocked out of em some days, i was like "holy shit" just determined to never get on her bad side lol. Even at 8, i knew it was pretty absurd. None of my other teachers did that. God i hated that class. *smirk*

Back